Thread: SD

SD

What is the minimum lvl a group of three (Crat, Adv, and MP) could successfully do SD assuming we had parrot for ther Borealis backdoor?

ty in advance
    Iriee

Bring Back Lankybill!!!

At lv 108 my crat can solo it if I got decent pet running, slow but doable. I'd suggest 120+ and you shouldn't have any problems.

What level are the mobs in there? I'm an adv, going on 100. Would I be able to solo any mobs at all in there? I was kinda planning to go check it out and see if I could get some mantis scissors or maybe some Decranum.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Arrow

100+ would be the minimum. The MP/Crat combo helps there. Early sections have *lots* of sand mantis mobs so calming is essential, later the mobs are fewer, but they get tougher.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Hmm, not sure.. but i imagine that a good team of lvl 80ish (doc, enfocer, NT/crat) could do it. Wouldn't be easy though.. full team of 80ish 6 should be able to do it better.

Originally posted by Mharc
    What level are the mobs in there? I'm an adv, going on 100. Would I be able to solo any mobs at all in there? I was kinda planning to go check it out and see if I could get some mantis scissors or maybe some Decranum.
    Maybe some of the bots, but i doubt you can solo any of the smugglers.

Smugs have a lot more HP than most mobs at the same level, so soloing them can be risky even at 150ish.. plus, if the dungeon is not well camped, adds spawning in the vicinity will definately cause probs for soloers who cant calm.

If it is camped, you wont be able to outdamage the teams solo, so better take a well rounded team for SD imo.

Arrow

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    Hmm, not sure.. but i imagine that a good team of lvl 80ish (doc, enfocer, NT/crat) could do it. Wouldn't be easy though.. full team of 80ish 6 should be able to do it better.
    Even a full team would have problems at that level. Area calms or multiple calmers would help mind you. 2 healers, 2 tanks and 2 calmers might be able to make a go of it, but there would be very little margin for error at level 80.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

Originally posted by Darkbane

Even a full team would have problems at that level. Area calms or multiple calmers would help mind you. 2 healers, 2 tanks and 2 calmers might be able to make a go of it, but there would be very little margin for error at level 80.
    My crat is 80ish and id like MKI. Maybe well take a trip up there and post the results. Will be tough though, those smugglers are mean. You can try to camp the ones at the begenning of the cave/smugglers changeover.

Originally posted by Piercingevil

My crat is 80ish and id like MKI. Maybe well take a trip up there and post the results. Will be tough though, those smugglers are mean. You can try to camp the ones at the begenning of the cave/smugglers changeover.
    Send me a /tell sometime. My crats goin on 90 and there is nothing more fun than getting into and out of situations where the odds are stacked against you
    Iriee

Bring Back Lankybill!!!

Originally posted by Darkbane
    100+ would be the minimum. The MP/Crat combo helps there. Early sections have *lots* of sand mantis mobs so calming is essential, later the mobs are fewer, but they get tougher.
    Why would you even go in this way? Use the parrot back door. Anyone who goes in through the front door in SFH is going about it totally the wrong way.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Arrow

No, the back door is a known bug. Using it could be considered an exploit (don't think it is, but it definitely could be...) So, using the back door is in fact the wrong (ie unintended) way...

Still, just because you manage to bypass the crazy little mantis things, won't make the smugglers themselves any easier or give you much chance to outdamage the high level teams there.

Just out for curiosity try to go biomare dungeon or any other dungeon while on quantum wings/parrot form... It's definetly not a bug...

What level are the mobs in there? I'm an adv, going on 100. Would I be able to solo any mobs at all in there? I was kinda planning to go check it out and see if I could get some mantis scissors or maybe some Decranum
    The smugglers are greenish to me at lvl200 - haven't used a level tool on them to get their exact level. Mantis Breeders (those who drops the Mantis Scissors) are about level 195+, and extremely lethal creatues...

Just out for curiosity try to go biomare dungeon or any other dungeon while on quantum wings/parrot form... It's definetly not a bug...
    If I enter Biomare (aka Foremans) with parrot I will end up somewhere else in the dungeon, no way near the normal entrace, same goes for Camelot Castle or any other dungeon, even if I enter Smugglers Den the normal way (entrance is in SFH) I will be at the entrance, but will end up somewhere else... Of course this is a bug
    Last edited by Angeleye; Oct 29th, 2002 at 13:15:28.
    * July 9, 2001 :: + July 29, 2004

Originally posted by Chanliang
    Actually, it is. I remewmber a post by a Dev, ( I cant remember wich one ) saying it was one of the most biuzarre bugs he has ever seen in the game. There was an entire thread pleading with thme not to fix it.

As fer exploiting, well, they mine as well ban every single person walking around the planet in MKII then, cauase I would bet every single one of them used parrot form to get in there at least once or twice.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me