Thread: Team/guild Beacons

Thumbs up Team/guild Beacons

I wanted to make a suggestion fpr future patches of ao, that I have gone over with many other players that are having some difficulties with ping time and all around confusion.

A team/guild beacon for missions and the like.. Mostly for non-static missions, a team leader would give out beacons or the team would Automatically Assume beacons in their inventory that would help the leader/organizer the ability to not have to guess where the other team mates are at in the generalized local area.

These beacons could be purchased at basic tool terminals by Players with the intention of forming teams.. I was thinking the LEADER would be the only one holding the item in inventory so that the others would have more room for more useful and important items.

Just a thought.

Umm...Ever heard of map upgrades? Get some..That is what they do.

But look at the requirements on those upgrades. Unless you have a decent knowledge of implants, you will not have such things available before your first title cap.

Why should someone have to be level 15+ to be able to see their team on the map? There's no reason to punish newbies/lowbies who want to group.

If this Kusara's screen name matches their primary char name, they are barely out of their first title cap and may not have been able to use such devices until just recently.

implant map nav...and you can get to the point where you can see people with map nav of 80 i think. its not that hard, even if map nav is light blue. deal with it...when you start a game you cant expect things to be easier. thats the point of an RPG, they start where you cant do much, but as you level opportunities come. if kusara has money problems, and is clan, RK1, go outside and give a "/s can someone please help me with a couple creds?" or give a /tell to fixanox, my main is low level but i can still hook ya up.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Originally posted by Harammer
    Why should someone have to be level 15+ to be able to see their team on the map? There's no reason to punish newbies/lowbies who want to group.
    Punish? It isn't punishment. Personnally I think teaming without map upgrade teaches a persont o stay together better and work AS A TEAM better. I did it a long time ago.... So has everyone else. Punishment? Not hardly... Just not giving EVERYTHING to them on a silver platter.

I have to say I disagree with you guys. Being able to see your teammates on a dynamically generated map is very important to people of every level. I've tried grouping with people at a lower level. It's just not possible to keep a team of people together when people are lag running through the same room 5 times then just vanish. And yes, I have played other RPGs, and I must say that I have not seen lag warping as severe as this in any of them.

It's extremely frustrating to have to stop and regroup every few minutes because someone lagged and got lost. Implants do help get the upgrade sooner, but I think that the team and pets (not everyone) should show up on everyone's map regardless of level or map skill. It's not handing things to noobs on a silver platter, it's making the game tolerable for noobs.

And how many of you Engie's use that radar to find your lost bot? I know I do. You can't do that until you get that upgrade.

if you are new to the game i suggest trying to enjoy it for what it is.
    if your experienced in this game you'll know that in about a day's worth of playing you can have your people upgrade.
    i know for a fact due to all the alts i've made (and subsequently deleted) that you can level once every 10-20 minutes up to level 9 or so in the backyards with a good weapon. if your melee make a /follow macro and tab and use the macro over and over. solo while you can! trust me you will never solo again after level 20'ish unless your really into it.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco