Thread: redesign soldier weapons FC

Angry redesign soldier weapons FC

since burst and so...nerfs, soldier weapon have not been re designed
    fixers have better SMG than our guns
    easiers to equip / self equip with their self buff nanoline 'SMG'
    ( we dont have the same, and in prev 14.6 it doesnt seem u wanna give us at least the same )
    they have poison / radiation damage
    they totally ovberpower us with ther small SMG
    crit more often
    and more hard
    and dont talk bout' trader !! or bout' agent with their uber rifle ( energy and poison damage, good crit...aimed....pfffffff)

in in a team, i was the only soldier ( i have a div9 167 and AR 647 )
    i was 101, and there was people from my level to lvl 110
    my regular hit were lower than all the regular hits from others teamates
    my crit were 1/2 to 1/3 from theirs
    i critted very less often , since i wasnt scope equipped.....but they do, with +6 scope for the lesser one

so i ask myself how FC desingers can be so bling to this problem

us soldier cant even solo a single 50% mission

and we have no new gun ( except div9, with poor alpha and so slow we cant scope with it ) since burst nerf...

BUT we need new guns to ungimp us, since we r weak with our gun compared to fixer / agent / trader ( ranged weap prof ).
    we should be the master of ranged weaponry, but it isnt.
    we finally arent a crit prof
    so give us plz good gun , and not pityfull ones, and plz something else than energy or proj damage!
    and dont make these weapoon useless with some crazy att / rech time ( as disruptor, sunburst and so...), makin them pure joke.

the guns u gave to soldiers 175+ and 190+, ok.
    but soldier prof need to be fixed for the range from 1 to 200, not only after 175!!!

WE SOLDIERS have only guns, we r a guns only prof!!!
    wake up............

and to help ur sleeping staff, again, i give u some help, as it seem u need a lot:

ex:
    basic assault rifle ( most common, sold in shop )
    damage at lv 200: 1-450 (200)
    projectile AC
    att: 1,5 sec
    rech: 2 sec
    att skill: 100% assault rifle
    req: assault rifle-------- 700
    fling----------------- 400
    burst--------------- 500

improved division9 ( through trade skill )
    damage at lv 200: 1-500 (150)
    fire AC ( plasmaprojector = very hot = fire AC, what it should have been since the begining)
    att: 3 sec
    rech: 1 sec
    att skill: 80 / 40 ( instead of pityfull 66 / 33 )
    req: assault rifle-------- 900
    ranged energy---- 650
    fling----------------- 500
    burst--------------- 750

MagneticLinearAccelerator / pulsor ( dont matter bout' name )
    damage at lv 200: 1-600 (300)
    projectile AC
    att: 1 sec
    rech: 3 sec
    att skill: 100 % assault rifle
    req: assault rifle--------1000
    fling----------------- 650
    burst--------------- 800

Venom heavy support gun
    damage at lv 200: 30-550 (375)
    poison AC
    att skill: 80 / 40 AR / heavy weap
    req: assault rifle--------900
    heavy weapons---750
    burst----------------500
    FA--------------------650

improved nova flow mark1 / nova pulse / acid spitter
    damage at lv 200: 1-500 (300)
    Chem AC
    rech: 2,5sec
    att skill: 80 / 40 AR / RE
    ranged energy----650
    burst----------------700

life stealer rifle
    damage at lv 200: 1-650 (100)
    disease AC
    att: 2 sec
    att skill: 100 % AR
    req: assault rifle--------850
    fling-----------------600
    burst----------------700

LAZER tripled mini turbine
    damage at lv 200: 1-480 (360)
    energy AC
    att: 1 sec
    ranged energy----650
    burst----------------700
    FA-------------------700
    fling-----------------700

Micro missile pulsor
    damage at lv 200: 1-600 (300)
    proj AC
    att: 2,5 sec
    burst----------------700
    FA-------------------700

ANTIQUE rifle nanorevamped model 1
    damage at lv 200: 1-460 (220)
    proj AC
    att skill: 100% AR
    burst----------------700
    fling-----------------700

i didnt mention bout' clip size since clip with less than 50 bullets / ammo r a pure joke.....( ok may be 30 is ok too )

and i repeat: we need GOOOD weapon, with a wide choice, and ungimping us....

MAKE us special with weapon sice we have ONLY this
    we have no uber GA
    we have no drain / heal / hot / root / deprive / crit / uber evades or so
    remember this before designing some new weapons....and givin us the same BS we actually use

and if u read this and just think they r too huge ( the weap i describe before ), u ve never played a soldier ......try to play with uber fixer / MA / trader / agent ,and u ll understand how we r pityfull / weak / useless at ranged fight
    OR try to solo 50% mission after level 100....

thats all FC

maybe u ll read this, may be u ll consider it......and maybe u ll give some love to our profession before next 6 months
    hope so, cause i ll not wait 6 months more...i ll quit before if u show again some misrespect to the customer we are!

i wont pay for nothing anymore!!!

PS: to all soldier player who have great ideas / weapons suggestion, plz add to this thread.
    let's unblind FC about our real needs!

I personally think that not being able to solo 50% missions isnt the fault of our weapons but more the fault of us not being able to take damage. Sure TMS blocks 75% of all damage but we have no way to replace that HP besides running and hitting a treatment or firstaiding in battle. If we really want to be tanks instead of little paper-cut out dolls we need some sort of heal that is usable and effective at high levels.

Now im not saying we should have very powerful heals.. not at all, but the idea stands that we should have some way to replace the HP so we can stand and kill a green mob.
    Last edited by Cassandra; Oct 20th, 2002 at 08:32:55.

Cassandra... I agree.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

Soldiers do not need new profession restricted weapons.
    They need higher QL weapons.

I'm a 106 doc and almost all the soldiers I team with (110+) are in QL 200 guns already.

Add higher than QL 200 items to the game and the soldier will continue to increase in power correctly.
    Last edited by FreeARK1; Oct 21st, 2002 at 11:27:13.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Soldiers need new guns AND they need a way to increase there HP. Look at all the tanks in the game compaired to soldiers. EVERY one of them not only out damages soldiers, but out tanks them because of HP.

Enforcers - Mongo
    Martial Artists - Fairly good heals
    Melee Adventurers - Good heals

Even the light combat classes

Traders - Ok heals
    Fixers - Good hots
    Agents - FP fixer/doc/enforcer

I tell ya what soldiers need. They need new guns for lvl100-180 because during this time, the new Div9 starts go get worse and the old Nova which hasn't changed since day1, is one of the worst guns in the game. Soldiers keep up with the damage of others ONLY because they have excellent weapon skill buffs and thus can equip there weapons earlier.

My 82 fixers QL151 Sol Chironis out damages (easily) my 93 soldiers QL164 self-equipped Nova Flow. Fighting lvl100 mobs my soldier has to use TMS every time if he plans on ending the fight with more then 1/2 his hp. He has 3200hp and 3k AC's, my fixer has 2500hp and 2.6k ACs. But because he has his hots, against mid oranges he hardly gets a scratch. And he doesn't use GA either.

Soldiers need there healing line expanded to all levels and they need new guns. These are the ONLY reasons soldiers are as gimped as they are.

Oh and for gods sake lower the requirements on the new soldier nanos by 20%. My fixer can cast Major Supressor at 82 (just got it on this lvl) my soldier wont be able to cast the lvl75 burst buff for 20 levels or more. He's solitus, maxed int and maxed nano skills for title. Isn't that just a WEE bit imbalanced?
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Originally posted by Fion
    Soldiers need new guns AND they need a way to increase there HP. Look at all the tanks in the game compaired to soldiers. EVERY one of them not only out damages soldiers, but out tanks them because of HP.

Enforcers - Mongo
    Martial Artists - Fairly good heals
    Melee Adventurers - Good heals

Even the light combat classes

Traders - Ok heals
    Fixers - Good hots
    Agents - FP fixer/doc/enforcer

I tell ya what soldiers need. They need new guns for lvl100-180 because during this time, the new Div9 starts go get worse and the old Nova which hasn't changed since day1, is one of the worst guns in the game. Soldiers keep up with the damage of others ONLY because they have excellent weapon skill buffs and thus can equip there weapons earlier.

My 82 fixers QL151 Sol Chironis out damages (easily) my 93 soldiers QL164 self-equipped Nova Flow. Fighting lvl100 mobs my soldier has to use TMS every time if he plans on ending the fight with more then 1/2 his hp. He has 3200hp and 3k AC's, my fixer has 2500hp and 2.6k ACs. But because he has his hots, against mid oranges he hardly gets a scratch. And he doesn't use GA either.

Soldiers need there healing line expanded to all levels and they need new guns. These are the ONLY reasons soldiers are as gimped as they are.

Oh and for gods sake lower the requirements on the new soldier nanos by 20%. My fixer can cast Major Supressor at 82 (just got it on this lvl) my soldier wont be able to cast the lvl75 burst buff for 20 levels or more. He's solitus, maxed int and maxed nano skills for title. Isn't that just a WEE bit imbalanced?
    A few things here from 3 soldiers played over 15 months in AO.

The Nova rocks if you use it correctly, its the fastest realistic alternative available to soldiers and has decent recharge on its specials.

The IEC/Nova combo still takes out a major chunk of hp if timed right in pvp, and with the bracer nerf we can land more dmg.
    The Nova will allow you to go defensive on your aggbar after about 400 Ranged init. this is crucial when it comes to resisting debuffs and evading hits.

I know we have a LOT of skills to sink ip into, but I think that my fellow soldiers need to think a bit about this in their playstyle, implants and ip allocation.

I have tested several implant layouts for atrox and solitus along with dscaper and Zerosignal and there is a balance where we can get almost decent attack rating, good evades but not be able to cast all our best nanos without mp buffs.

I know its no fun to be mediocre, but at higher lvls there is hope.
    The boosted Hellspinner is an awesome pvp weapon, people no longer attack me with complete disregard for my dmg. (except traders of course).
    I have tested it on Enfs and MA`s and we come out pretty evenly. I also tried on Pomy (doc) but that was a bit optimistic...hehe. She couldnt hurt me much, but she outhealed any dmg I did in no time.

I never used the div9 since it arrived in game after the point where Nova actually becomes better than div9 again. Tested it a few times and I am told its good at low-mid lvl. But you`ll never see me with one (post lvl 162).

For those who do not have the hellspinner or cant equip it yet, I recommend a Techtronica, IEC, Nova combo for pvp (just drop the techtronica at lower lvl) or a CHS for pvm. with plenty of ranged init the CHS rocks.

Something which I find far more disturbing are the silly nanos FC has created for 14.6..... those things are a major problem, should they hit live servers, then FC will claim that we have had our loving and then ignore us for another year.
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Talking we need better weapon

i want to repeat ( even with bad spelling and grammar arf ...)
    we need better guns for ALL levels, cause our guns havent been redesigned since burst nerf....( and since all other sold nerf )
    and i think the design staff had designed them with the old burst in mind ..........but now, burst is nerfed, and we no longer deal enough damage to be considered real damage dealers..
    we cant solo orange / red mobs , but in each team where i play with trader / fixer, they jump into the frey, with us or solo, the resul is the same ( ie mob down ), and dont need much more time to beat mob when alone ( except for enf mobs )

every ranged profession can outdamage us:
    traders with crazy crit and aimed
    same with agent
    fixer have chem damage, rad damage at very low level , and HoT at high level makin them uber when combined to a GA
    and they all have other abilities that we dont have ( and dont want ? )

so i hope FC team will wake up and realize their 'design_fumble' considering our weapon, and redesign them.....
    if only they could give us fire, chem or disease damage.......or allow us to improve nophex ( hum doesnt drop atm, but still hope they let it drop one day ) or div9......

hope they will give us a nano line primary buffing AR and secondary buffing RE / fling / FA / burst etc........as fixer have for smg........and hope our nano line will be better, cause we are weapon ranged master !!!

anyway, thx for ALL replies, even those who were useless, not constructive and so.....

AND I REPEAT: we r not a nano prof, not a crit prof, just give us damn BFG and a decent weapon nano line ( an ungimped TMS would be appreciated too ), and we would rock enough to get some fun back in the game!!

hem..forget the decent weapon nano line: I WANT the best weapon buff nano line , since soldier should have it from the begining!

Re: we need better weapon

Originally posted by samssonite
    i want to repeat ( even with bad spelling and grammar arf ...)
    we need better guns for ALL levels, cause our guns havent been redesigned since burst nerf....( and since all other sold nerf )
    and i think the design staff had designed them with the old burst in mind ..........but now, burst is nerfed, and we no longer deal enough damage to be considered real damage dealers..
    we cant solo orange / red mobs , but in each team where i play with trader / fixer, they jump into the frey, with us or solo, the resul is the same ( ie mob down ), and dont need much more time to beat mob when alone ( except for enf mobs )

every ranged profession can outdamage us:
    traders with crazy crit and aimed
    same with agent
    fixer have chem damage, rad damage at very low level , and HoT at high level makin them uber when combined to a GA
    and they all have other abilities that we dont have ( and dont want ? )

so i hope FC team will wake up and realize their 'design_fumble' considering our weapon, and redesign them.....
    if only they could give us fire, chem or disease damage.......or allow us to improve nophex ( hum doesnt drop atm, but still hope they let it drop one day ) or div9......

hope they will give us a nano line primary buffing AR and secondary buffing RE / fling / FA / burst etc........as fixer have for smg........and hope our nano line will be better, cause we are weapon ranged master !!!

anyway, thx for ALL replies, even those who were useless, not constructive and so.....

AND I REPEAT: we r not a nano prof, not a crit prof, just give us damn BFG and a decent weapon nano line ( an ungimped TMS would be appreciated too ), and we would rock enough to get some fun back in the game!!

hem..forget the decent weapon nano line: I WANT the best weapon buff nano line , since soldier should have it from the begining!

I agree we should have the best weapon buffs for ATK rating besides trader drains. But you also have to consider the other profs downside. If the trader holds aggro against a tough mob, chances are that he will die unless there is a damn good doc in the team. This is why traders at high lvl run wrangles continously to keep everyone elses atk rating up and his down so he wont get aggro. End result is a faster kill than if the trader does his drains and keeps his own atk rating up.

Agents deal a lot of damage too, but are unable to take much punishment et higher lvls. My twink agent does well at lvl 74, but at higher lvls the advantage disappears and she is vulnerable due to dark blue body dev.

I still do not agree with your statement about the Nova. Its a great weapon, with speed, decent crits and fast recycle.

Soloing an orange or a red is supposed to be VERY hard, and only a serious twink should be able to do it. As you lvl above 120 most people start hitting max abilites added by implants, the differences between a twink and a normal character become less, and it evens out.

Dont get me wrong, we need more alternatives than the Hellspinner, but for pvm, I still think the Nova is better than anything else we have available
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Re: redesign soldier weapons FC

Originally posted by samssonite
    improved division9 ( through trade skill )
    damage at lv 200: 1-500 (150)
    fire AC ( plasmaprojector = very hot = fire AC, what it should have been since the begining)
    rech: 1 sec
    att skill: 80 / 40 ( instead of pityfull 66 / 33 )
    req: assault rifle-------- 900
    ranged energy---- 650
    fling----------------- 500
    burst--------------- 750
    ROFLMAOPIMP
    you're not only a n00b, you're also bad in math

always with the utter embelishment...

Lying about our class and saying we are totally helpless is in the end innane and counter productive. Soldiers need help but they are not the cra p u say.

and its absurd that u say u cant solo a 50% mish. A 50% mish for me at least is all greens and soloable with all self buffs. If your lvl 100 and cant solo a green...
    Kalashnakof [Over 170 LvLs Served]
    The Few, The Proud, The Unendowed
    The Troxy Soldiers of Pax Romana
    [!!!]Demands[!!!]
    [!]AR/RE 80/40 from 66/33
    [!]Nophex drop off Notum Trainie
    [!]Still waiting for AirStrike MK1-10...

Talking

ROFLMAO 80/40?!?!?!?!
    and still you show requirement like 900/650?!
    YEAH you are right funcom needs your help!!!

Talking lol

ok

u do some great ROFLMAO%@# etc....

hurra to u

and yes it was intended

go play pokemon, small kid

duh, the 80/40 idea is an old and cherised soldier ideal, it's not a math error fools. It was proposed origionally because most soldiers felt it was unfair to have to spend more ip, buff two weaponskills, and implant two weapon skills to try to get the same attack rating as someone who only does one attack skill.

Thus the idea for 80% ar and 40% re was born giving soldiers who spend those extra ip's, who suck up that extra ncu, who sacrifice to get those extra implant clusters will be rewarded with a higher attack rating then is possible with a pure 100% weapon.

And what's wrong with 900 ar 650 re? Both easily acheivable at a decent level. Or are you saying they're too easy? ... some people shouldn't open their mouths if they arn't going to be clear methinks.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Venom heavy support gun
    damage at lv 200: 30-550 (375)
    poison AC
    att skill: 80 / 40 AR / heavy weap
    heavy weapons---750
    burst----------------500
    FA--------------------650

I want that on my NT, ok? Easy to make. You must stop looking to item to fix profession. What is it you can't do and fix that. What are cheap skillls that aren't used for you?

80/40 is silly.

You don't need to artificially inflate your attack rating, you just need higher QL weapons to equip!

(Yes, this is my own personal crusade and will be forevermore, amen.)
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

If the weapons traders, agents and fixers use are so much better than the ones soldiers use, how come soldiers don't use those instead? If these weapons really was that much better, all soldiers twinks out there would use those instead.

There's nothing wrong with these weapons IMO, you soldiers just need new nanos, and all combat specialists need ql 200+ weapons.

It's funny because almost all ARs in this game suck. There is no decent pure AR gun in the game, the gatlin saw is ok, but not good. I don't know what this 80/40 stuff means, are you suggesting that by using this gun you get an extra 20% to your attack rating, so you have 120% of your skill when using this gun?

ARs really should be the best weapons in the game, no army issues shotguns, or beams to it's soldiers, they issue Assault rifles. I know comparing RL to a game is a path to ruin but let a little common sense into the game already.

IMO funcom really needs to think about it's combat system, all these soldier only weapons are a cheep solution. What needs to happen, the reqs/ql needs to be scaled so that only soldiers can use the top weapons, even if the ql goes beyond 200.

First soldier AR buffs need to be better than any of their other weapon buffs. They need to scale like Meta buffs and be self only.

+20 AR Recruit Training (easy to self-cast)
    +60 AR Infantry Rifleman (easy to self-cast)
    +90 AR Vetran Rifleman (needs to be buffed to cast)
    +140 AR Commando Rifleman (needs to be simi-planted and buffed to cast)

Now make the top level ARs req 1300+ AR. Even with stacked drains, a trader won't be able to equip these guns, on the flip side, a soldier will still need to have his top buffs and a wrangle running to get one on.

Now all that needs to be said about the final guns, whatever form they take, they should do a wide range of damage types and should at least equal MA damage output over time.

If this is to be a skill based game, changes to the skill system need to be made so soldiers shine through in their area of expertise over other classes that can use the same weapons fairly well.

What I really don't think soldiers need are more defensive abilities. Reworking the TMS line to lower recharge to 5 seconds was long over-due, it was a major obstical to using the nano, since it tied you down to your gun and killed the soldier's alpha even beyond the weapon switching nurf. I don't think they need more defensive abilities beyond this. Dependency on other classes is key to teamwork in this game, many classes are totally self-sufficient now and that is a mistake at the high end game. I can see it for pet professions, but tanks, healers, and the hybird classes should be co-dependent to foster teamwork.

Originally posted by Kenlon
    80/40 is silly.

You don't need to artificially inflate your attack rating, you just need higher QL weapons to equip!

(Yes, this is my own personal crusade and will be forevermore, amen.)
    Yes, there does seem to be a lot of resistance to any idea that might make soldiers viable. It really is too bad nobody but soldiers want's soldiers to excell at combat.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro