Thread: Roleplay Supports

Lightbulb Roleplay Supports

One of the more frustrating things I've come across in my journey through RK2, is not knowing where or when people will be open to RP. I never know how well or how poorly an attempt to start RP in a public area will pan out.

I was thinking maybe certain changescould be added to help make RP easier to find, and let others know when like-minded individuals are in the area. I'm not a coder, so I don't know how difficult to implement these things would be, but I'd still like to suggest them.

1. An RP/In Character vicinity channel. Functions just the same as a normal vicinity channel but is a different color, signifying that any statements or emotes made in that color are in character. Would also make it easier to filter out all the OOC vicinity chat in the area from those who are trying to rp. The channel might be called Roleplay or IC or something.

2. A global RP channel that would be used when seeking RP events or gatherings or general RP related talking. Some might say "Just use OOC channel for that" but I know alot of people who keep the OOC channel off because its so spammy with ...well OOC stuff.

3. An RP flag/option that you can set that would modify your visible name that hovers over your head. Either make it a different color or maybe add a star or something to signify you're in an RP mood.

This would prevent me or others from bothering those who don't want to be involved in RP, and make me or others more readily identifyable to those like minded who are looking to RP.

Feedback would be appreciated. Please be gentle

Some good ideas! Although, you might not be pleasantly surprised should any of these measures be implented. I don't think the majority of people will use these features. I sure hope they do, though, so that's why I'm bumping
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

/bump

An RP-vicinity channel is a great idea, and so I do bump it very hard.

/bump

/bump
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Nice ideas, and 1-2 seem rather easy to implement...
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

Bump. More RP!
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!