Thread: Tear down Broken Shores!

Tear down Broken Shores!

Here's a suggestion. Tear down alllllll of the buildings down in broken shores and have all of the missions spawn in 1 little hole in the ground. Too much stuff there i LD everytime i zone into a mission! MY compy is is pretty good but i think something with the client is killing me. I zone-hang/LD EVERY time. Ok i am exaaggerating about the tearing down of Home. But i wish there was an alternative for short mission easy accessibility for hi lvl people to level at. I wont even try to divert teams from BS just b/c its not fair to them. I think alot of people have trouble in BS. I think this should be looked at.

thanks

-Alty

Its been said before

They've worked on the lag

Be glad you have what's there now
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Wink

If theres one thing that OT and Clans agree on, its that BS could use a good Thermonuclear Spring Cleaning™.

There used to be two things they agreed on, until BS finally got a map
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

I don't have a top-end computer either (800 Mhz Athlon). 768k down / 512k up DSL. Voodoo3 3000 16mb. I never LD in BS. I fully zone in less than 3 seconds, no matter where I'm zoning in/out. I'm not bragging, I'm just saying that *maybe* it's not 100% FC's fault. I turned down my visual settings long ago, made a huge difference.

Fire up AO and hit the Settings tab then Advanced Visual Settings

Texture Quality: Medium
    Texture Color Quality: 16
    View world distance: 75
    Char view distance: 50

Neither "Continous level..." or "Compressed textures..." are checked.

Ground Quality: 150
    Ground Full Quality Radius: 10

In game, I don't have awesome sunrays and client wildlife. Basically, turn off as much eye candy as you can. Sacrifice something to gain a better overall experience. Might be worth a try.
    Waithe 133 Enforcer (my new main character)
    Nediar 180 Nano-Technician (boring. semi-retired)
    Uberned 127 Meta-Physicist (retired. pet pathing is "teh sux")

Nediar @ level 171

buldoze BS completely and make people *drumroll* do THEIR FRIGGIN MISSIONS SOME PLACE ELSE FOR A #!=¤(¤=! CHANGE.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Yes...tear it down. And while you're at it, here's some ideas to refresh missions a little...seeing as how that's still where everyone goes for XP...

Missions all over Rubi-Ka which are about the same size as your small BS mission...

More missions in 25% zones at higher levels...don't even start the whining about getting ganked...you wouldn't have to even choose these missions (but they should give a greater reward for being in a political zone)

Missions where the lifts are INDICATED ON THE MAP. Lifts should qualify as MACHINES and should be visible if you have the upgrade installed....

PvP & Team PvP missions where both teams have the same objective within a mission and the one who completes it first gets the token. Whatever else happens is between the participants involved...

Missions where lockpicks aren't the only things used to open doors. How bout a screwdriver? Maybe a hacking tool for sophisticated doors? How bout a big trox enforcer simply smashing it down?

How bout the ability to lock a door to prevent a mob from following you by jamming the lock with screwdriver?? If door has been broken down by Atrox, give Engies the ability to repair the door...

How bout missions where the mobs path properly? Would you run directly into a wall for 20 seconds?

How about missions with multiple goals? Like maybe one where you'd have to recover a dozen of a something...?

How about bonus XP for speedy mission completion?

How about team mission bosses that didn't automatically drop the Kin of Tarasque or Superior Lick Wounds nanos? Maybe make the drops dynamic based on the professions in the team?

How about having solo mission bosses who dropped decent lewt also? They shouldn't have nearly as much HP as a team mission boss though...that would just take way too long...
    .: Naraya :.

Heh, Im sure its been addressed a million times before, but broken shores works _So_ much better when there isn't a lightning storm.

I agree, PLow BS down. OR just make missions stop dropping there. Please make us go somewhere else. Even if you WANT to escape the BS mission treadmill you cant.

*joins team*

player 1 "hey guys, hows it going? so what are we going to do"

player 2 "We are going to go run a few missions in BS"

player 1 "I just spent 30 hours straight in BS missionsing, cause its the best way to get XP, but im kind of bored with it, can we go somewhere else?"

player 2 "No, we are going to BS cause its the easiest place to get missoins and gets the best xp"

player 1 "please? Im so bored of BS"

player 2 "so are we all, but its still where we are going cause of the best xp factor"

player 1 "okay, ya, your right. what was i thinking?"

player 2 " I dunno"

FORCE us oput of BS. Alot of people will gripe and moan abouyt it, but in the end, I think we would all be a bit happier.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

This last post makes me chuckle - tear something down to save us from ourselves. Nobody is forcing you now to get missions in BS. Removing options, limiting peoples' choices, is not the solution.