Thread: Engi = Mechwarriors?

Engi = Mechwarriors?

got the idea when i was replying to a bot customization post below.

why not let engi's ride their bots?

something like a cross between slayerdroid transference and the new attacking ground vehicles. engies would need some item to make their bot shell in their inven to a bot vehicle shell, which then they can 'wear' just like current vehicles. they then add their own weaponskill to the bots for extra/combined damage.

awesome seeing a slayerdroid on manual control. a definite perma-fix to pet pathing for engis and it doesn't even need to fix the pet pathing side of things. engi with this one little thing will make them a viable part of the team game again, and perhaps equal or better than fixers in GA. engis will have the bot's protection providing an X amount of hp and AC. when destroyed, will incapacitate the engi, and drop his HP by half of his max, which may or may not kill the engi, but the engi may be able to continue the fight until he actually dies. it's quite similar to my riding pet idea. something like this would definitely put SWG to shame. hehe....
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

This is something that has been suggested before :-)

This is kind of a hybrid idea between the 'direct bot control' idea (where you actually control your bot while your body just stands there) and the 'Eng Battlesuit' suggestion (kind of like Elemental armour but implimented like Fixer Grid Armour).

There was a huge thread in the Eng board some time ago about gadgets and other Eng stuff. No indication though that anyone from FC even read it.

Up until the Dev Blackmane posted in the Eng board today I was convinced no one from FC ever bother to read anything we posted in there
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

that's why i'd rather post in suggestions forum....they mentioned before that they try to read as much of the suggestions forum as time allows. i do hope this idea goes thru. it's be cool and definitely fitting in with the whole engi in bot look of the new char creation screen...
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

Let Engies have Transformers!

More than meets the eye...

It's good idea, especially since pets are very stupid. They get lost, they can die on you and leave you defenseless... etc. With all this futuristic technology available, you'd think the Engineer would be able to directly control his machines if he/she wanted to.

However, i think it would unbalance the game if the engineer could have a robot acting as a "battle-suit" and another robot pet at the same time. So if this was implemented i think the Engineer should have to choose between one or the other.

Of course there would have to be advantages and disadvantages to direct control of bots. Or else every Engineer would be riding around in their slayer droid and the Engineer would become another "Tank" class.
    Barry "Tribolt" Fukuda
    LvL 57 OT Fixer
    No Org. ( Recruit me!! )
    The Origin of Tribolt

obviously the previous poster has not heard of transference before
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

anyways problem is every engie outdamages his slayer pretty much from the time he can cast it onwards.

So what would be the advantage of taking control of your slayer. Which would you rather do loose your pet once in awhile or loose all the damage you were doing?

It would be cool don't get me wrong just wouldn't be very practical therefore of not much use.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix