Thread: What's up with the car dealers?

What's up with the car dealers?

When I first heard of the 'Special' shops I went in one, saw the 50K Kodaik and said 'one day...' So now I've got the money, but I can't find the car! I spent almost 45 minutes this moring running between the few Special shops I know of and all I found were Hydros, Mids and sometimes a Yalm (in the basic special shop!!???).

Why can't the dealers have more than one vehicle at a time? Even in the backwoods town I'm from, if we even had a car lot I'm sure they would have more than one car at a time!

More Vehicles!! --> esp. ones for n00bs!
    More in stock!! --> esp. for n00bs!

Thank you. I feel much better now.

Ted

I think the reason is because cars are rare on this planet or something and for all we know they might not exist on Shadowlands at all!

Although new cars are being made for the booster pack

There is no basic special shop, Vehicles are far more common than they used to be. Back in the day your chance of looting a yalm was 1/1,000,000,000,000. Now it's closer to 1/1000. Wait a while they're out there I have 15 yalms 25 kodiaks, 9 water veh, and 4 of those probe thingies now. Strangely I can only use my Q55 yalm, the one I paid 6 mil for
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

Yalms still drop? I haven't seen one in chest loot in months. I found one about this time last year and have never seen anymore in chests.
    "This town needs an enema!" The Joker, Jack Nicholson.

" I think I'll perplex him with my slowball" Bugs Bunny

i haven't heard of a yalm dropping in a chest in a super long time.

but strangely enough, all ground based vehicles still can be found in chests. including the ever-rare omni-tek gunship.
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

Smile

OK, you're right, no basic special shops. Had a mislabeled map.

I'm still having a devil of a time finding the low level Kodaik. Before and after every mission I do a loop of all the special shops from Borealis back to Omni-Ent. Still no dice. And I still see 5 mil Yalms in the Adv Car booths. What's up with that? Oh well, the quest contiues.

BTW, at what mission level do you start finding these suckers in chests?
    Last edited by Ted; Oct 14th, 2002 at 18:12:05.

First of all, those car dealers all need plaid pants.

Once that's out of the way, we can get down to business. I have looted several vehicles (including 2 yalms) but that was back in the day when they were 'common' loot in individual missions. One was a level 38 mission, the other was a level 58 mission - for the Yalms. I think those days are gone now, and am not sure that they are even dropping in team missions.

As you make your loop, make sure that you are checking both Lush Resort (first shop to the left on top of the hill) and Harry's (first shop on the left as you leave the grid 'pen'). Because Harry's is Neutral, you will pay a bit more, but the shop there does have two vehicle booths.