Thread: Steps of Madness

Steps of Madness

I would really like the designer/coder who came up with the Steps of Madness to get back on the horse and start designing again! I am so tired of Human NPC's. The first time I went to SoM (lvl 50ish) I thought it was the weirdest/coolest thing in the game.

Sad to say at level 179...it still is! Could we plaese get some new, interesting mob's? Whether inside a dungeon like SoM or even a new dyna-camp of something new.

Just a thought.....

Coag
    So, it's sorta social, Demented and SAD, but social.
    (The Breakfast Club)
    Coagulator - General of the Professionals

I'll bump this.

Too bad anything other than a human mob usually means certain death.

Damn. Have you seen a Babyface while running an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro at 1600x1200 in 32-bits with all options cranked up? Sickest looking thing in the game.

Need more monster models and also need them to be accessible. Outdoor mission areas would be a start for giving us a place to see them. How about re-allocating some of the unused neutral junkyards as mission locations you can populate with roaming monsters?

Talking New Outdoor misson definately

some seek and destroy type missions in an area like a backyard would b cool, blow up the geothermal unit, assasinate the leader of the omni pickled onion authority, rescue and retrieve leader of the rebel pension board. these would all be easy to implement if you gave over the spaces used presently for all those backyards that do nowt.

PS have you not seen those little spiderlike mobs that are straight out of lost in space film , they're cool, and scary in numbers

Id like to see Steps of Madness added on to..,

a strange and eerie spiral staircase that descends deep into the planet.. and one that ascends really really high ...

ooo *shiver*

hence the name.. steps....

Damn you Bionitrous

Now I have to crank up my rez and go out and find a damn Babyface!!!

I'm running the 9700 at 1100 rez...ah well out to Lush/EFP I go....

Coag!

P.S. Thanks for the tip!
    (The Breakfast Club)

Just so you know, Coag. If you tweak it right, you can achieve 100 fps in missions with that card at 1600x1200 at 32-bit color depth. It's probably higher but I think that's as high at the fps counter goes.

Odd that AO sometimes wants to go back to software T&L sometimes when switching between windowed and fullscreen. Gotta keep an eye on that when it seems things are slowing down.

Oh, and beware the invisible Shades, MP Shields, NovaFlows, and a couple other things. I hope they get a driver out to address this soon enough.

Windowed mode??

Bio,

Are you able to run in windowed mode? I am not

Yes I agree about the driver...patiently waiting on that.

I just recently switched out of the default settings and begun to try out all the AA features. Any recc's?

Right now I'm only running 512Mb of 1066Mhz RDRAM, but I will be upgrading to 1GB as soon as Im back from Vaca.

I also need to drop the priority in my Taskmanager for AO because it seems to be using the entire processor. I think thats a bit extreme on a P4 2.53Mhz.

Highest FPS I have gotten is about 92.0 but I do get a weird strobe like (not lighting, but screen jumping, as if Im moving through screen shots really quickly) effect in some shops which is really annoying.

Coag
    (The Breakfast Club)

We need extra extra low dungeons. The boss be maybe level 20 and the mobs 15. It would be fun, and no super twinks like in SoM cause having levels 150+ in there with us. Monsters no Human MoBs. Now, the super twinks in there is optional SoM is alot of fun. We need more of them.
    AsclepIIus - Evil Doc
    AsclepIIIus - PvP Twink

TSO Link Please click on it and make my friend happy