Thread: Dynacamp improvements

Lightbulb Dynacamp improvements

Ok, I solo'd a little at a few dynacamps with various characters (I can't find a team to do this, best I managed was 2 people). Here's some ideas for improvement :

* More mobs, wider area.
    Right now all mobs are packed together, which means you have to be very lucky to pull only one or even two. Adding more mobs, and spreading them over a much wider area would improve the camps a lot. Right now I try to pull one, and get on average 3 adds plus a boss. No team can handle that.

* Faster spawn
    My MA can solo a yellow camp (yes she can handle 4 mobs at the same time at her level ). After not too long this camp will be cleared and I have to wait for spawns. Yes, this is SOLO. A team will clear a camp in no time at all.
    If dynacamps can't even support ONE player, how is it going to be with teams ?

* Tough bosses
    In camps that are just the right difficulty, the boss is too hard. In the camps that have a boss of the right difficulty, the mobs are too easy. So it's either avoiding the boss or camp-hopping killing only bosses. This can't be intended.

* Lame loot
    The bosses that I did kill dropped only junk. The only thing I get off regular mobs is monster parts.

* Lame XP
    750 xp per high-risk dynacamp-mob or 1100 xp per low-risk mission mob. I think it's obvious what I'm trying to say here.

Risk vs Reward is not balanced. In missions, you die if you're not careful. In dynacamps, you WILL die.

Re: Dynacamp improvements

Originally posted by reality [/i]
    Ok, I solo'd a little at a few dynacamps with various characters (I can't find a team to do this, best I managed was 2 people). Here's some ideas for improvement :

* More mobs, wider area.
    Right now all mobs are packed together, which means you have to be very lucky to pull only one or even two. Adding more mobs, and spreading them over a much wider area would improve the camps a lot. Right now I try to pull one, and get on average 3 adds plus a boss. No team can handle that.

not true.. a good team can handle it, also... if theyre spread out, it's not a camp anymore is it? heh.

* Faster spawn
    My MA can solo a yellow camp (yes she can handle 4 mobs at the same time at her level ). After not too long this camp will be cleared and I have to wait for spawns. Yes, this is SOLO. A team will clear a camp in no time at all.
    If dynacamps can't even support ONE player, how is it going to be with teams ?

Realize there are 180 new camps, made for all level of player, you just need to go to a camp more suited your level

* Tough bosses
    In camps that are just the right difficulty, the boss is too hard. In the camps that have a boss of the right difficulty, the mobs are too easy. So it's either avoiding the boss or camp-hopping killing only bosses. This can't be intended.

i think the mobs have to be easier to compensate for multiple dmg outputs..

* Lame loot
    The bosses that I did kill dropped only junk. The only thing I get off regular mobs is monster parts.

mobcamps loot has been fixed in 14.5.1, also, if the boss drops typical bossloot then it isnt a SPECIAL boss. THere are 180 new camps but not all of them are uber drop locales

* Lame XP
    750 xp per high-risk dynacamp-mob or 1100 xp per low-risk mission mob. I think it's obvious what I'm trying to say here.

what are you trying to say here?

Risk vs Reward is not balanced. In missions, you die if you're not careful. In dynacamps, you WILL die.

i dont agree.. people die in dynacamps because the camps are new and alot of players have been stuck in level-grind mentality solong they forgot how to hunt in the first place.
    Last edited by Orchid; Oct 4th, 2002 at 11:54:28.

Re: Re: Dynacamp improvements

Originally posted by Emiko
    * More mobs, wider area
    not true.. a good team can handle it, also... if theyre spread out, it's not a camp anymore is it? heh.

Yes... a good team with good crowd control at higher levels maybe when you insta-cast calms...
    And there's a difference between 'spread out a bit more' and 'scattered all over the zone'. I meant the former.

* Faster spawn
    Realize there are 180 new camps, made for all level of player, you just need to go to a camp more suited your level

Done. Either the mobs are too hard to kill, or I kill them too fast and clear out the camp. And that's on my own - teams kill even faster.

* Tough bosses

I'm not sure what you mean here.

* Lame loot
    mobcamps loot has been fixed in 14.5.1, also, if the boss drops typical bossloot then it isnt a SPECIAL boss. THere are 180 new camps but not all of them are uber drop locales

Afaik only the special bosses got new loot. Your average dyna-camp still drops nothing but junk and monster parts. If you've seen otherwise, tell me what you found.

* Lame XP
    what are you trying to say here?

What I am trying to say is that we're getting low xp for high-risk situations, and high xp for low-risk situations. This should be the reverse.

i dont agree.. people die in dynacamps because the camps are new and alot of players have been stuck in level-grind mentality solong they forgot how to hunt in the first place. [/B]

I did not forget how to hunt in the first place. I spent most of my 126 levels outdoors. Almost exclusively in fact before level 80+ and BS missions being to only way to level at a reasonable speed.

The risk of getting adds in the dynacamps is very high, much higher than it used to be in the old camps we used to hunt (Oasis, Temple, Shades, Lush, PM, etc) before team missions.
    One add you can maybe handle if you have a good healer, two or three if you have crowd controllers... but those aren't always available, they're the least played professions in the game.

Yes, we need better tactics. Yes, we need more practice. In fact I think this game is way too easy as it is. What I'm asking is, reward our efforts. Without suitable (xp and loot) reward, everybody goes back to easy missions. Which do have that reward.

Am I making any sense ?

Re: Re: Re: Dynacamp improvements

QUOTE ~ Originally posted by reality

Yes... a good team with good crowd control at higher levels maybe when you insta-cast calms...
    And there's a difference between 'spread out a bit more' and 'scattered all over the zone'. I meant the former.

Its up to you to spread em out.. its doable. The ql177 mindharvester boss and bile warden boss in Belial for example oh and the Snake boss out that same way.. very doable.. kinda scary at times but doable. And fun

Done. Either the mobs are too hard to kill, or I kill them too fast and clear out the camp. And that's on my own - teams kill even faster.

level 126 eh? hmm.. i think the new Belial camps would be too rough for you but perhaps some of the new PW camps would be up your alley?

* Tough bosses

I'm not sure what you mean here.

nevermind lets move on

Afaik only the special bosses got new loot. Your average dyna-camp still drops nothing but junk and monster parts. If you've seen otherwise, tell me what you found.

Ive heard the Puss boss in DAV, the lujtor guy , but the snake boss and the mind harvester drops typical boss loot to their level specifications

What I am trying to say is that we're getting low xp for high-risk situations, and high xp for low-risk situations. This should be the reverse.

i get about 35k+ xp per mob in solo missions now. Hunting is partial xp incentive, partial loot, and partial landscape ambeince and partial teamwork..etc its not meant to be simply a xp thing

I did not forget how to hunt in the first place. I spent most of my 126 levels outdoors. Almost exclusively in fact before level 80+ and BS missions being to only way to level at a reasonable speed.

The risk of getting adds in the dynacamps is very high, much higher than it used to be in the old camps

you sure about that? I remmeber adds being an issue all the way back at launch/release

Yes, we need better tactics. Yes, we need more practice. In fact I think this game is way too easy as it is. What I'm asking is, reward our efforts. Without suitable (xp and loot) reward, everybody goes back to easy missions. Which do have that reward.

Am I making any sense ?

Fully.