Thread: Adventuring

Adventuring

I've read some suggestions about adventuring, but I have not read all, so please be gentle

When I think of adventuring, I think of beeing able to stay out in the wild for a while, without having people around you begging for buffs all the time.

So.. Some suggestions..

Setting up a camp
    You're out in the wild, you decide that enough is enough, and wanna sit down and chat for a bit with some friends (guildchat, whatever).
    You find a safe spot, you cast a Camp nano that puts up a tent, after 3 minutes, the tent is up and you're safe from any lurking mobs around.
    (Adventurers could get a team version of this, and maybe added regeneration as well as a small hp boost afterwards (due to beeing fully rested), or maybe they could get a camoflaged version to hide deep behind enemy lines :-D.)

A long delay would mean that you cant put up a tent right in a spawn, you can however go AFK in a political zone, if you need to help out some friends with advice, or you're just one of those guys who like deserted places.
    A soldier, 1 man camoflaged tent is also a possibility, and I'm sure a design team could figure some more stuff out.

CANNOT BE PUT UP WHEN IN FIGHT (to avoid exploiting)
    a 30s-1 minute unequip time would also make it so one cannot pop right out when one want to.

and make it so one automaticly sits when in tent, so one can log off in this position. (nano casting restricted of course, who the h... stands up in a tent anyway)

Beeing able to spot mobs where you dont have a map
    New map upgrades could allow people to see mobs in areas where they dont have a map(some maps have too high MN skills), whereas every X adventuring gave you the ability to see up to Y lvl mobs.

Tracking Tool
    A tool based on adventuring alone, where the player goes into /apachi and are able to search for what creatures are nearby.
    The QL of the tool decides how high LvL of mobs he will find, but he should allways be able to find higher ones than himself without problems.

tnx to Naraya who got me onto the Tent thingy

anyway.. some of these suggestions may probably seem silly, but I'm sure someone are able to work further with 'em and make it useful..
    I would especially love to have that tent

Re: Adventuring

Originally posted by Bovan
    I've read some suggestions about adventuring, but I have not read all, so please be gentle

When I think of adventuring, I think of beeing able to stay out in the wild for a while, without having people around you begging for buffs all the time.

So.. Some suggestions..

Setting up a camp
    You're out in the wild, you decide that enough is enough, and wanna sit down and chat for a bit with some friends (guildchat, whatever).
    You find a safe spot, you cast a Camp nano that puts up a tent, after 3 minutes, the tent is up and you're safe from any lurking mobs around.
    (Adventurers could get a team version of this, and maybe added regeneration as well as a small hp boost afterwards (due to beeing fully rested), or maybe they could get a camoflaged version to hide deep behind enemy lines :-D.)

A long delay would mean that you cant put up a tent right in a spawn, you can however go AFK in a political zone, if you need to help out some friends with advice, or you're just one of those guys who like deserted places.
    A soldier, 1 man camoflaged tent is also a possibility, and I'm sure a design team could figure some more stuff out.

CANNOT BE PUT UP WHEN IN FIGHT (to avoid exploiting)
    a 30s-1 minute unequip time would also make it so one cannot pop right out when one want to.

and make it so one automaticly sits when in tent, so one can log off in this position. (nano casting restricted of course, who the h... stands up in a tent anyway)

Beeing able to spot mobs where you dont have a map
    New map upgrades could allow people to see mobs in areas where they dont have a map(some maps have too high MN skills), whereas every X adventuring gave you the ability to see up to Y lvl mobs.

Tracking Tool
    A tool based on adventuring alone, where the player goes into /apachi and are able to search for what creatures are nearby.
    The QL of the tool decides how high LvL of mobs he will find, but he should allways be able to find higher ones than himself without problems.

tnx to Naraya who got me onto the Tent thingy

anyway.. some of these suggestions may probably seem silly, but I'm sure someone are able to work further with 'em and make it useful..
    I would especially love to have that tent
    Alright, my thoughts.

When you are inside this tent you
    a) Cannot be attacked
    b) Can't attack anything else
    c) Must not be in a fight already.

Rightclicking the tent should transport you inside. You get added healing, and maybe a little health boost- Like the guy above said.

Also, in case you exit the tent in a political zone, or near auto-aggro mobs, you get 15 seconds of 'run time'.

Oh yeah...I wanna store stuff in my tent.

In addition to that, I'd like a campfire that can heal HP faster as well...like a tent, but a lower-level nano and no protection from enemies.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Hmm kinda nice idea but....

Bronto mama Vs a Tent

I'll put money on the bronto everytime
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

depends on what the tent is made of

maybe something like a vehicle which you can buy in the special shops, but it roots you to the ground and keeps you safe and warm

Of course I'm for tent and campfire !!! Nice to come back with that idea.

Buffs are a nice idea too. If it has to be adv. only, so be it, but my idea was to be able to buy a tent in a shop, usable (?) by who wants to.

Or maybe regular tents in shops and special with buffs for Adv. (nano or shops) ?
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

Thumbs up

It's a great idea that tent and campfire, that way my adventurer can do where the profession is made for

I think if the tent option becomes part of the game a team can go outdoor hunting and don't have to run to a nearby 75% area to be afk abit.