Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warping to mobs

ljotur the lunatic

[Cough, 'Ljotur the Lunatic' The mob that WONT DENT!
    Hell even the Generals Right hand or Harbinger's hp moves, but this guys hp WONT MOVE!!!!!!!!!]

I believe he morphs into Morphed Lunatic, and he is definitely doable (I speak from experience). Of course, it took 4 full teams almost 20 minutes or so, :-p, and then we felt invincible, and let the sabretooths wipe the whole lot of us out in about 3 minutes...........All in all a nasty camp, bit a total blast as a team event.

Oh? hmmm But this was way more than four teams, hmmm.

I mean did you fight Ljotur himself, the one in omni pol top and spotted shorts? :P
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Ljotur

Good Question. I am still trying to figure out if we got ljotur or not. Everytime I visit the camp the mob is either Ljotur the Lunatic or Morphed Lunatic, never both at the same time. I get the impression it is one and the same, with a morph form. We killed the Morphed Lunatic.

I guess I need to try again :-), only plan for when Ljotur is in the house...

Well, I have posted something about the Tractor-Beam-0-Matic elsewhere, and my conclusion:

It sucks! Why?

Because I'm a damn explorer. A good percentage of the reason I play this game is to explore!

I am not hunting these damn things, and if I was, I wouldn't be flying around in my Yalmaha trying to size up "the perfect shot." Warping has, in essence, prevented me from getting half decent shots of anything new or interesting since 14.5. This is unacceptable, but since there's no way the animal AI is going to differentiate between a threat and a non-threat, I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears.

I shouldn't need any damn strategy when all I'm trying to do is take a picture of the animal in question. It should simply be: line up a good shot, take the picture. Now, if I stop to line up the shot, I get warped.

I understand that it adds the need for a strategy to fighting the bosses, but my point is: I'M NOT FIGHTING THEM. This is typical of the blanket solutions that get applied, and I for one hate it.

Just my 2 cents. I'm sure it isn't going away, and I'm not one for FC bashing, since I think they've done great with a lot of other things. But, simply, I want to explore, and thus, for me, this is a great, big, fat nerf.

Rhiannon "Krystanova" Pourier

Visit Faunlore: Rubi-Kan Wildlife at:
    http://beastiary.somnaterrae.org

ok first of all, your chosen profession on Rubi ka as a photographer is one you created yourself in Roleplay, therefor your entire post is basically invalidated by the fact that the rules are made for the professions made. Role Play is up to you and hence, will always be more dangerous, since it's you coloring outside the lines...

you gotta use more strategy because you set it up that way yourself.

Anyways, i would love to help out your staff, you hiring? let me know!

kupotek 162 advy at your service.

warping is unfair to anyone with crowd control abilities:

Crats
    NTs
    Traders
    Fixers
    Agents

these professions get screwed.

that is not ok.
    that is castrating over 1/3rd of the professions.

the whole point of outdoor hunting is so that
    these professions can use their abiltiies that
    were not very useful in small box rooms. (missions)

warping does not improve strategy. it eliminates it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12