Thread: Time for me to move on. A fond farewell.

Time for me to move on. A fond farewell.

Not sure where else to post this, so it is going here.

Hello all. Although this news will come as a surprise and a disappointment to many, this thread is not intended to make anyone sad. I have now been on AO for almost a year. Between all my characters I have “dinged” over 350 times. I stuck with AO because I believed, as many of you believe, that AO is indeed a good game. It has major potential to become THE BEST mmorpg ever. However, I do not believe that this will ever happen. With FC’s recent financial difficulties, company lay-offs, and other problems, I do not see AO going anywhere positive over the next six months. So, it is time for me to depart, to say farewell to Rubi-ka, farewell to my friends. But first, a few words.

Leveling should not be the focus of a game. The focus of a game should be to have fun. Now, I am not saying that AO isn’t fun. AO is fun, entertaining, and exciting to play…but only for a few months. After playing for a few months, getting up to lvl 100-150, players lose interest because they realize that all there really is left to do is level to 200 is mind numbing missions in Broken Shores. Now, with this most recent patch, the Dino camps are supposed to relieve people of the missioning nightmare. Well, whoever designed these camps obviously never played the game to a high level. No one will hunt these camps if a character can receive twice as much xp and twice as much loot in a mission. Seriously. At level 200 I can make 3-8 million xp per mission, which takes about 30-40 mins. It takes 30-40 mins to just get organized and too get enough people out to the Dino camps! So, every one goes out to the camps, checks them out, gets killed, and then returns to those mind numbing missions once again.

A good game is one that has a replay value. I have played many games in my life that after you complete the game, you still want to do it again! The problem with AO is that once you are level 200 there is ZERO replay value. Sure, you can start some alts. Level them up to 50, 100, maybe 150. But then you realize that the game is so hideously boring that it is not worth going past that. So, you log back on you main. But guess what, there is nothing left to do with your level 200 either. Tarasque raids become the only event that you do on AO. Log on, kill the dragon, win or don’t win loot, then log off. That’s it. You don’t need xp, so you don’t go hunting. At least if the boss mobs in the Dino camps dropped cool loot, then you might want to go get that. But if you don’t need xp, and the mobs don’t drop anything worth while, why would you go to the camps? You wont. In my point of view, if FC really wants to keep people playing, they will raise the level limit to at least 230. People like me would level up to 207, maybe 210, then just chill looking all uber. The truly obsessed would level up to 215, maybe 220. And they would feel satisfied being the highest level characters in the game. This would create diversity within the high level ranks, and it would give something for level 200’s to do, regardless of how boring it is.

When I turned 200 two months ago, I also inherited leadership of a superb guild at the same time. Leading Leet is honestly the only thing that has kept me on AO for this long. 90 percent of the time I log on, I just sit in BY5 talking to guildies. A while ago, the guild hit a rough spot. All was resolved and corrected, but afterwards one member of my guild, Doctorearl posted a thread on our web site that I want to quote here:

“This ultimately is only a game, but yet it's so much more than that. There are truly great friends here, ones I wish to see in real life at some point, as this extends into a friendship rather than an anonymous party on the other end of the keyboard. We've done some great work in this guild, and I wish it to continue.

We still have the choice daily of keeping this guild a great thing. We will never be able to please everyone, and we are all only human. Please keep this in mind as we move forward, and try to better ourselves rather than focus on the bad. Edify each other, keep yourselves as much as possible in the example you'd like to live and have others portray, and lets move on.

If you want to be happy for a day, take a nap
    if you want to be happy for a week, take a vacation
    if you want to be happy for a year, win the lottery
    if you want to be happy for a lifetime, help other people....

This is what Leet does, we help and usually ask nothing in return. I don't know how many times I've heard Drtiny's guild members tell me how great we treat them. Same thing with other RSA members, and even other clan and omni detachments. We are fair as much as can be, lets help keep this community in this light.

Thanks and God Bless. – Doc”
    This IS what Leet does. Leet is a phenomenal group of people and it saddens me beyond belief to be leaving them. I am leaving the guild in the hands of one of my advisors. I have not decided who exactly just yet.

The bottom line is that Anarchy Online is NOW at its release state. The last ten months, AO has been in Beta. Where it is now, it is worthy of actually sitting on store shelves. If I were to pick up AO for the first time tomorrow, and start playing, I’m sure that I would love it. But after playing for this long, there is nothing left to do. Thank you for being there, Mazine, Doctorearl, Nubs, Patk9, Demonicone, Ulakai, Antiy, Nephron, Cerber, Wuushu, Niktorius (and many more) and most of all, Javaschick. Javas, you are one of a kind. You deserve the respect of a queen for all you have done with your time on Rubi-ka.

I will NOT be selling my account, for those of you who are wondering. I cannot risk some n00b destroying the Raadiance name. I am Beta testing AC2 now and ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT. I have had more fun on AC2 in the last week than I have on AO in the last 4 months. I will be on SWG using “Raadiance” (if they let us make our own name, rumors are that they are randomly generated). Also, I’m going to check out World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XI, both of which I hear are going to rock. And, for as long as it exists, I will post on the Leet website. I will still be on AO for a few more days tying up some loose ends, and I will try to say good bye to everyone!

Well, that’s it.

Subscription is cancelled.
    Next billing: Not Scheduled.

Love you all.
    Raadiance

Howdy, G'bye, take care and g'luck. =) ac2 i have heard is fun,
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Unhappy sigh

Talk to me ingame for a min before your gone...

-Patk9
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Re: Time for me to move on. A fond farewell.

Originally posted by Raadiance

Leveling should not be the focus of a game. The focus of a game should be to have fun.

No one will hunt these camps if a character can receive twice as much xp and twice as much loot in a mission. Seriously. At level 200 I can make 3-8 million xp per mission, which takes about 30-40 mins. It takes 30-40 mins to just get organized and too get enough people out to the Dino camps! So, every one goes out to the camps, checks them out, gets killed, and then returns to those mind numbing missions once again.

Love you all.
    Raadiance
    but then again this game was about having fun and not lvling... or am I wrong???

well enough of that...

its always sad to see people go but thats the way it is, even for great games like AO(yes AO isnt a bad game)...
    It just gets boring to play the same game all the time especially when u have seen it all... seriously, how many still plays C&C even though it was one of the greatest games ever??

A good game is one that has a replay value. I have played many games in my life that after you complete the game, you still want to do it again! The problem with AO is that once you are level 200 there is ZERO replay value. Sure, you can start some alts. Level them up to 50, 100, maybe 150. But then you realize that the game is so hideously boring that it is not worth going past that. So, you log back on you main. But guess what, there is nothing left to do with your level 200 either.

actually the replay value in AO is from lvl 150 to lvl 200... thats 50lvls of replay

Honestly I can only say I have tried 4 games worth replaying...
    super mario bross 3
    C&C, seriously doubt I will play this again though...
    Pizza Tycoon
    Grand Theft Auto 1

but the again thats just me... a person with a sick mind because he cant log in to AO and have nothing else to do atm

well its sad to see all high lvls go and I just found out why this game has no replay value... its because its a multiplayer game, and this world is always online, and when u create a new lvl 1 char it will never be the same as the first we made at day 1, because all the n00bs will be more uber than us and everyone will have a yalm and u will have absolutely no lowlvl community as we had in the the first few months, that is actually really sad... but thats how it will be with every MMORPGS, and I really feel sorry for all the people who plays AO but wasnt there the first few month.....

ahhh the good old days when u sat outside a mission in Galway Shire wtih 20 other people just talking and buffing each other while they were regaining their health after an unsuccesful encounter with the main room in their mission...
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

good luck raadiance, you were always more kind to me than you had to be

hugs
    Guru - Averykins "Kylee6" Submissiv (15% River Series 6 Princess of 2002)
    Clan Eternal Fury

Smile

Well my friend, you already know how i feel. Wish you nothing but good times. And stop in on the Leet boards if you ever want to drop us a line.

*sniff sniff* I will miss you Raad....

Good luck on your new journey
    Nico - The Pure healing doctor till level 150

Unhappy

Bahh.. Raad (

Now I am very sad ...I am gona miss you alot, noone to make fun of, well maybe Nubs, but that's it (

Wish you all the best my friend.
    Cerber - MA Bruiser

Baboone - Portable Deathstar

Dukatus - Choppah

awww, bye Raad The Leets are a truly superb group.......imagine, a large Clan guild actually taking the time to *gasp* get to know and *ohmigawd* have fun with a bunch of Neutrals? You're the only ones *I* know of that have done that, and you're all great people. Perhaps you could push back leaving the game for a couple of days and attend my wedding? C'mon, have some fun and go out with a smile Java knows the details, or see my threads in the "Roleplaying" or "Enforcer" Forums.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Bleh another one is leaving

Was nice to know u Raad, take care.
    moon meeh

Bye Raad
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Arw cu raad
    Jena Loveyou Bunke
    - lvl 200 Doctor - Unit Leader of Storm -
    Spanky Debugged Bunke
    - lvl 171Fixer - Unit Member of Storm -

Visit Storm at our website

:(

This is Doctorearl.... I am truely honored by your mentioning me, and am truely saddened by your departure. You have been a great leader, using previous leadership as a stair step to bring Leet to the next phase of development.

I have seen more good and wonderful players in this organization than I've seen in really any other. Not just because I'm a part of it and never get out () but really.... Since it's conception, it has been a guild of leadership and helping, and that has not changed.

Even the newest person who asks "What is an implant?", we all know how difficult it is to explain the entire implant system and most of the time I resolve to handing out websites and say "READ!" if you want to learn, then come back and I'll try to help put the puzzle together with you!

This has honestly brought tears to my eyes, to see another great leader depart. I know by your nature this is something you've been thinking about for a while, and have finally made a decision that you feel is for the better, and I will try to support it Because of the friendship and help you've given here, I will leave this quote in rememberance of you and the other leaders that have gone before....

"If I have been able to see further, it was only because I stood on the shouders of giants" - Sir Isaac Newton

- Doc/Skeez/and a bit of monkey too

Aww Raad Come play ac2 with us=D Their latest patch sucks.. but hey, we're used to that by now arn't we?

Same name in game, and tons of others there already.
    If you choose something else then best of luck to you!

Unhappy Bye

Sad to see another go... hope to see you in SWG!!

Take care Raad, had good teams when you used to xp.

Take care and safe journeys.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Unhappy

I truly will miss you The Leet guild has had a rollercoaster of a ride the past few months, but we survived. I am hopeful we can survive this too. I understand you completely, and wish you the best. At least you did not turn traitor and go Omni as my last guild leader did. So, fair winds and following seas Raad.

This game does run into a wall even before lvl 200. I think it starts when you get that ql200 weapon on, and only gets worse when you breed cap your base skills, and you have uploaded all the nanos for your class. I can only imagine the boredom of lvl 200 and no where to go but around in circles.

I am only lvl 156, because I am always playing one of my alts, but I see the writing on the wall and and missions get boring. I have dinged almost 500 times with all my characters. If I was not in a great guild and had people I care about to play with and be around, I would quit today.

But slowly over the past few months my friends list has gotten darker, not as many blue names popping up to the top as there once was, and now there will be one less. <snif> Take care

my sweet r-a-a-d-i-a-n-c-e...

i will miss you soo soo much...as will the Leets....you are and always will be a dear friend and you better keep in touch with me via mail. thanks hunnie for your kind words about me...although it wasn't me who really did anything but give hugs and kisses to all of you. it breaks my heart to see you leave us...but as we said many times...leets are wild and untamed and need to be free....they come and go as they please. i wish nothing but the best for you and will love you forever *hugs* and always remeber this "no distance or lapse or time can lessen the friendship of those who are thouroughly persuaded of each others worth".
    I love you all,
    Javaschick
    Member of Apocalypse

Unhappy

I hate it when peeps leave.. even when i dont know them..
    Have fun Raadiance!