Thread: Confirm or Deny: Dodga / Pads 2 quest change in 14.5?

Confirm or Deny: Dodga / Pads 2 quest change in 14.5?

Over the last few night I've been hunting for Electro Unique [Wailing Wastes (North of Athens Shire) approx 600,1900 {The Boka}]. Each time, I've come up with sand, and that's about it. I know the ratcatcher was moved from Tir to Athens, did something similar occur here?

First night, I figured somebody on Pads 3 had taken him out, but lastnight I ran into a few other hunters that had spent over an hour looking for him, had done the quest in the past, and also came up with nothing. I, myself, spent the day warping in and out over the course of 4 hours to see if he respawned, but no luck..

Well, anybody else notice this?

If no one catches him on spawn, he wanders all over the zone.

FC did say they fixed his spawn in the serverside patch, though.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

What, so I have to search the whole wastes to find this guy? Please tell me he's as easy to spot of the TK himself.

try checking out the northern edge of the crater (more on the outside of it). All of the minions tend to wander far off from where they spawn usually. Your best bet is to just circle the whole crater a few times and hope you run in to him.

Good Hunting
    Last edited by kthxbye; Sep 23rd, 2002 at 03:00:26.

You will have to fly or run all around that area... he moves far, and moves fast....

Electro Unique can move very far. When I have looked for him I set up a pattern of flying due north or south along x=300,500,700,... constantly
    tabbing. I have found him as far south as the Outtus camp.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

If you can't find one of the bots there is a chance that it's wandered far away from the spawn spot but it might be that it's not in the zone at all. ARK can scan the zone for you to see if it's there or not.

I know some people camped him for a good while then got ARK to tell them it's not even around, then they had to wait for a long while for GM to fix the spawn. Not sure why but it seems the dodga bot spawns are often broken...

I can verify that he is in the patch. I was out killing camp bosses when i ran into him - and killed him. He was in his crater then so i was kinda lucky. When i did part 2 of the quest i had to search for an hour or so to find him.
    Magbyte - 210+ Soldier - Equipment
    Cratbyte - 220 Crat - Equipment
    Medbyte - 150+ Doc

Try finding that one without a map

Now I'm 90% sure I'll finaly get my WW map in 14.6, so FC, work faster!

Originally posted by peekaboo
    Not sure why but it seems the dodga bot spawns are often broken...
    I bet that many, many spawns break all the time, and we just don't notice it because the mobs aren't unique. Who'd know if reet #7765432 wasn't there?

Electro is a real pain in the ass to find, he wanders a lot more than the other TK lackeys.

When I did part 2 I searched the WW for about an hour & a half b4 I gave up, came back again the next day & found him just outside his crater, after half an hour searching. I guess I just got lucky that he hadn't wandered too far that time.
    Nemesi5 - 220 Agent

Daktar1 - 215 Doctor

Originally posted by Iphigenia

I bet that many, many spawns break all the time, and we just don't notice it because the mobs aren't unique. Who'd know if reet #7765432 wasn't there?
    Reet #7765432 is a real pain in the ass to find, he wanders a lot more than the other reets.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.