Thread: Two NPC's i VW

Wink Two NPC's i VW

Hava anyone ever killed Eric Mendelson and Stanley Adams?

They r NPC's that r located in each there OP in Varmint Woods.(dont remember the coords)

Eric is a clanner and Stanley is a omni(non of'em r aggro)

It seems to be a conection between'em to..

..but anyway, they got a crazy dmg shield!!

Im lvl 89 atm,and im hiting'em for under 10pts of dmg,and for each hit i do,i get 1000pts of dmg back in my face

And they hit for around 600-800dmg

Im guessing they both r lvl 100ish cuz Eric was dark orange to me and Stanley was red.

So if u find'em and manage to kill'em show me the loot!
    My perk setup
    Proud member of Nocturnal fear

why must we kill every npc we run across?

seriously....funcom gave them high damage and reflect shields so that people like you wouldn't kill them for no reason.
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

Atleast Stanley was heavily used as a powerlevel method and this was stopped some time ago. Either by making him "unkillable" or giving no xp, can't remember which. In any case, killing such outdoor npc's is now considered an exploit or at least borderline exploit. I think the official answer was "They are not there for you to level on"

Vitnirs

Cool Im not after xp...

Im just curius if they drop any good stuff
    My perk setup
    Proud member of Nocturnal fear

only boss mobs drop loot

Exclamation

They do not drop anythining.

Post Stanley

I killed stanley a while ago, or atleast my pet did, don't remember any shields but that guy was so rude i had to kill him...over and over and over again

Anyways, lousy 20K XP kill/pr.min, that sux for being so strong as stanley, took almost 10% of my pet's HP, even when i healed him :-/

Stanley did drop something a while ago
    one of those "you have just made a mistake" thingies, hehe

Collected 300 of them when i was powerlvling from that sucker, FC please don't kick my ass for what i just wrote!

http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?cmd=view&id=159828

That's what those 'unkillable' mobs are wearing.

And no... even ASSUMING you can kill one... they don't drop this item. At all. Ever.

Angry I never assumed

I told you...i've killed it, don't remember any reflect shields tho, but it was after everyone said it had been nerfed

Stanley Adams where made unkillable due to all the ppl Powerlevelling on him. I Assume the same goes for the clan NPC too

However a while back i was one of the ppl camping him and all he dropped was "You have just made ........." and some creds

Let me tell you about Stanley Adams...

I powerleveled 3 different characters with him. 20kxp per kill/per minute as the lowest person in a team. And now, because FC wants to slow down leveling so that they keep people paying for their game for a longer period of time, its an 'exploit' to kill one of these NPCs.

Ok, I want someone to explain this to me...How is killing Stanley Adams any different than camping any spawn?

Was it the xp? Then adjust it you twits, don't suddenly say 'Its an exploit to kill these NPCs.'

Was the spawn rate? Yeah you could level fast from it, big deal. The same team in a high level mission can level just as fast.

Was it the lack of risk? WTF? I've seen entire teams get wasted by Stanley, risk was appropriate for the reward.

Seriously, FUncom needs to get a clue. They are trying to hold back players from leveling so that they can get more money out of them. Funny thing is, the more they nerf outside hunting, the faster people are leveling off missions. Has anyone looked to see how many lvl 200s there are now? There has been an explosion of 200s since 14.0 and team missions. Oops, I said it...now team missions are going to get nerfed.

FUncom doesn't have a clue and if they keep screwing people over, they are going to have a player base of 10 PVPers camping MMD trying to kill each other and thats all. I love this game, but I can't even tell you how furious I was when I found out that FC had nerfed yet another lvling tool. Do they want my money? If so then they're going to have to starting earning it.

Next thing you know they'll nerf Blater Beetles and make it so that Boss mobs are impossible to kill. What happens then? Mass exiting of paying customers...even more than when 14.2 hits.....
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

Originally posted by Revolutionary
    Let me tell you about Stanley Adams...

Yup, I totally agree with you. How is that any different from camping any other spawn? People camp the bully that spawns by the huge bridge south of Newland all the time and no one seems to care. How is that any different from killing Stanley Adams? It's even less risky.. If Stanley gave too much xp, why not just lower it? I really don't see the point of making him unkillable. He's a mob, and the point of this game is to kill mobs and get xp.

There is a big difference in nameless mobs out in the forrest and a unique NPC in an outpost. When FC finally implements that these NPC's give out quests it's the same as if you were camping the spawn of Dodga or Alvin just to lose it to someone looking for quick xp.

Vitnirs

lets face it these npc's are part of quests that will 'soon' be implemented... meaning 1 year from now. And when they are implemented it will be broken some how.

Arrow Well...

I doubt anyone was really intended to kill these guys, but I have to admit, the fact that they gave xp does make you wonder...

I've seen other named MOBs that con as 'no xp', so why not these ones? An odd fix for an odd problem.

Originally posted by Annilymk
    There is a big difference in nameless mobs out in the forrest and a unique NPC in an outpost. When FC finally implements that these NPC's give out quests it's the same as if you were camping the spawn of Dodga or Alvin just to lose it to someone looking for quick xp.

Vitnirs
    Simple...NPC that are part of quests SHOULD NOT GIVE XP! If they give xp, they should be fair game.
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

are these two now part of a quest?

I am interested why they are here.

Eric likes to trade and fears for the existance of rhinomen. i have got him to saw lots but never to give me a quest
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Originally posted by Revolutionary

Simple...NPC that are part of quests SHOULD NOT GIVE XP! If they give xp, they should be fair game.
    This would be why they changed it...

Anyway, leveling has gotten anything but slower in AO. When I started playing it took me almost a month to get to level 30. Now, I see new players hitting 50 in a week or two. FC wants everyone and their brother to be level 200 by the time Shadowlands comes out.

Anyway, this is an old post, so to respond to the recent bump, they're definitely part of some unimplemented quest. I've tried talking with both of them and there's obviously something going on, but it doesn't seem to be working yet.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Maybe Eric and Stanley (omni NPC a ways east of Eric) have something together? I never got Stanley past saying that he knows a lot about poaching. And he's not talking about eggs!

Vitnirs