Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One thing I gots to ask about 14.5..

Originally posted by Tahrus

so are you saying that Outdoor Hunting should be just like missions? super-easy?
    No. The risk of outdoor hunting is fine as it is now, imho. The xp and loot reward just aren't worth it. One of the main reasons for this is the difficulty of monster-type mobs vs humans.
    I can kill a dark orange human, and have half my hp and nanopool left after the fight.
    I get my ass handed to me by a light orange eremite or sandworm and can't even take out 20% of their hp before I go down.
    There are some major imbalances with monsters too, I can handle 3 yellow enigma's, or a yellow anun without too much trouble, but with a yellow primal chirop or fossegrim I have to be very careful.

On top of that there's the added risk of adds, including ones much higher than the mobs you're targetting (sandworms at GTC shades anyone ? ), where in a mission they're all around the same level and in their own room.
    Here's where the crowd-controllers come in, of course, but the risk still shouldn't go without reward.

I think that, at mid-high levels at least, the xp for outdoor monster mobs should be increased, and by a lot too. Tripled, at the high end (~200).

200k xp for a mob that you need 2 docs in a team for to kill it is reasonable, no ?

And some loot would be nice too. Finding a piece of armor every 150 mobs just isn't enough. And 9 out of 10 times you can't even use it either.

Originally posted by Tahrus

so are you saying that Outdoor Hunting should be just like missions? super-easy? dying is a part of the game, if you and your group is god enough, you can avoid it. There should

I want there to be a reward wporth sticking my head outside of a mission for.

Currently it's not there. If it's not there, it dosen't matter what I do or do not want to do, nobody else will be doing it with me.

spoon-fed to me. ok..so maybe the exp sucks...but i like the challenge. it would be real nice if they upped the exp for outdoor hunting, and lowered it for missions. but then again..half the population would still do nothing but missions because the outdoors is too hard, and they want it easy.

You'll be doing it alone unless they make it worth it to take the extra risk.

Originally posted by Xira

You'll be doing it alone unless they make it worth it to take the extra risk.
    Not really. Just in small numbers. Which is good. Empty spaces run smooth.

Why again should all non-human mobs be the same? So you don't have to think, plan in advance, accumulate knowledge, form team according to what you're gonna hunt? Something I left out?
    postcount++

You left out a reason to hunt them at all.

Unless you _LIKE_ getting raped for sub-par exp...

But hey masocists are people too.

kinda off topic here, but when it comes to rewards, especially loot. it needs to be changed. thinks like bullets, shouldnt be dropped as loot. things like clothes and **** you can buy at at a clothing shop, shouldnt be dropped. only important items, weapons, armor, tradeskill items, should be dropped. and everymob should drop ATLEAST 1 item. i get soo tired of doing a mission, and say i get to loot 30 mobs in the mission cause looting is on alpha, i loot 30 mobs, and find 2 clusters and some armor i cant where. wow, that really pisses me off.
    OrionNT - Clan Nano-Tech
    Member of The Kinghts of Rubi-Ka

Webmaster @ NanoGods

Originally posted by OrionNT
    kinda off topic here, but when it comes to rewards, especially loot. it needs to be changed. thinks like bullets, shouldnt be dropped as loot. things like clothes and **** you can buy at at a clothing shop, shouldnt be dropped. only important items, weapons, armor, tradeskill items, should be dropped. and everymob should drop ATLEAST 1 item. i get soo tired of doing a mission, and say i get to loot 30 mobs in the mission cause looting is on alpha, i loot 30 mobs, and find 2 clusters and some armor i cant where. wow, that really pisses me off.
    When i was around lvl 3-5 i got coat's from mission rewards.. also from mobs etc... These coats i in return sold for 500 Credits each which was alot then. =p That was when game had only been out in norway for like 2 days =)
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Dream Team

Crat (1 Ninja + Area Calms + 9% exp)
    2 MP's (2 Demons + Mochams)
    2 Eng's (2 Slayor's)
    1 Trader (Wrangle when Eng. need new bot + back up Calm/Heal)

We get about 60k a kill fighting lvl 200+ mobs in are secret place but kills take forever even with 5 lvl 200 pets.

In a mission we'd get 30-50k a kill in about 1/20 time but then again missions don't drop lvl 200 mob parts hah. j/k

"Krazykrat" lvl 154 Krat
    "Sneakshot" lvl 143 Agent
    "Bigkicker" lvl 85 MA
    "Titaniumbeam" lvl 73 Enf

Maybe they need to make the group-missions HARDER. Not change the exp for them, the items, anything, but just make the missions themselves different in groups. First of all, they could make the areas a bit smaller... not so many rooms, and cram more than one bad guy in a room. And not for solo missions... just for the group ones. So far, group missions arent even challenging, even if you are fighting high reds, until you get to the boss. And you get WAY too much good stuff from beating a boss, they should lower how much you get from those, as well.
    "I'll hold on to this greasy, dripping meatball while you risk your life for a bowlfull of berries." - Princess Peach Toadstool

Take the risk please people

I play a level 195 character and have recently actually started really playing an alt. I am sorry but I do see a problem with team mission rewards. My alt is in the lvl 80-90 range now and I was so saddened that I never really got to do any real hunting. I remember hunt teams where there was risk but we leveled. We didnt sit by a camp and pull high lvl MoBs to us for huge xp we ran around as a group pulling appropriate ones - using class skills to best succeed. Now all anyone wants to do is team missions. And what is so depressing for me is my 195 char is so hard to level now (appropriately) but anaother mission with her is so tedious. Now my alt is joining teams who want to do ql 190 team missions getting more xp per kill than my 195 char can get in team. That is crazy. This is obviously my opinion but I really don't want to do the same thing over and over again. I do go out and kill things I find in far away places, often takes longer to kill (especially since usually solo - I mean travel and xp not as high - who is coming with me) but the change is nice and geez there is a whole world we never use. So I die and lose all I had, I have a yalm it doesnt take that long to get there really. I got to have a bit less lag and see something on my screen other than a BS mission. What is the hurry to level so fast, so you can do more team missions? oh boy what fun!

I think FC needs to get their act together about making hunting worthwhile, if you don't want to hunt, fine, but make it something maybe some people will do. As far as rewards go, XP reward nice in missions but boss loot tends to be same old junk after you have done hundreds of missions and really I see very little reason for having huge amounts of money anyway. Greed over loot has been next best way to kill activities. If you did a nice mix of missions and hunting and quests maybe slower but maybe enjoy it longer and more fun in the doing.

Lets see some fighting that requires some thought, some strategy, some risk. The game isnt that hard anyway. I just move my high level char through missions - MoB dead so fast why even bother using special attacks? If I go afk who cares? I do want to level because I have things still to do with my character but its like a chore, why should a game (game=something you do for fun) be tedious?

well... I too started an alt, I thought I'd get to see some of the outdoors, like the good old days... but then what I came to realize is that I only get to do more missions... I couldn't find but one person who ever wanted to hunt outdoors... In fact, I found many, many, many teams of Noobs who thought hunting indoors was the only viable method... Missions are much too easy at the moment, compared to any alternative.... In the first 50 levels of my alt, I have only seen 3 deaths now.... when we originally started this game out death used to be somewhat more common...
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

Perhaps it is just me. But it seems like there are many people who for some unknown reason would like to go xping outdoors. Now, as far as I know, no one is holding a gun to your heads and telling you not to? I see so many 'you mission runners suck' posts, you'd think some of you could get together and go xp in sav or what not. However, I'd feel safe to say that many of said whiners don't do just that. So in the end, all your talk means nothing. I think I can safely say that many of you say the words, 'hunting is so cool! I wish everyone would get their heads out of missions and go hunt!' out of some deep seated need to repeat what the last person said. From the lack of people looking to hunt, I can go on to say that many of you are all talk. If you enjoy something, you don't need a reward to do it. If you need a reward to do it, then it's probably not something you enjoy. (missions being a prime example.)

I also see many posts by lower level characters espousing the joy of hunting. At level 183, I've walked the entire world of Rubi Ka. Not to burst any bubbles, but it's fairly empty. There ARE mobs out there, but they suck. When I two man just about everything that walks on the face of Rubi-Ka for 10-30k xp, I think I can say that the wildlife is eyecandy. Nothing more. I do remember when I first started this game how I felt when I went out and explored. So I understand where you are coming from. I'm just saying that you will most likely change your views as you progress in levels. I've been flamed by level 70 noobies who tell me I'm a gimp for saying the current differential between monster mobs/human mobs suck. "Get better ac/evades" these noobies tell me. Hahaha. I digress.

Now Scumbug has made a great point. Many games for some reason feel that they will lose an account once the player reaches the max level. They try to make it as slow as possible in an attempt to keep you in the game. Some of the most successful online games (and I count none of the current eq/uo etc in this category) did not use this approach. Content at all levels was there...sure. But the games were designed to be truly played at the high end. This way a player stays with the game to get to the point where she has tons of things to do. She then continues to stay in the game till eventually there is nothing left to do. One such game that did this, which I played for nearly six years. No current mmporg has come close to that for me. (Yes, I'm one of those freaks who've been online gaming since 91.)

Now from a high level character's pov, missions/outdoor hunting and the issues surrounding it don't mean jack. This game has a whacked out xp curve. At 183 I am killing the same exact mobs I was killing at 93. Same names. Same ql. Now you may think, 'oh, go do a ql 250 then and stop *****ing.' A friend of mine teamed with me and we pulled one just for the hell of it. After much zoning, we managed to kill our first pull. She gained 79k, I gained 73k. To put this in a clearer light, you gain 25-60k per mob in a ql 195ish mission. Also keep in mind that it was just two of us. Not the usual six that zip through missions. Now you add xp to level. I need a little more then 40 million xp to get 184. (No, there's nothing wrong with this and it doesn't need to be decreased.) Getting say 30-40k a mob means my team has to kill over 1333 mobs for me to get my next level. Going outdoors and doing this will still bore the hell out of me. However, this still isn't the problem. No matter what is done to xp and ql or location, xp is boring. It's tedious. The tedium however is much easier to bear if a player sees a light at the end of the tunnel. aka things to do at level 200. A very small percentage of level 200s continue to play their character. Many quit or start new ones. Or ebay them.

So what's the solution? Well, first off, adding high level content. This however does not mean you add outdoor hunting camps for high level players. Xp sucks and is a bore regardless of locale at my level. I could really care less where I'm xping at this point. As has been pointed out before, talk about hunting is just that. Talk. The vast majority of players my level are so sick of xping that we really DON'T CARE where we are xping. We ***** about BS missions because it's fun to *****. That's all.

A better solution would be a revamped missioning system. One that was almost like a quest. Total mission objectives being carried out perhaps even having some effect in the outcome of the overall conflict on Rubi-Ka. For instance. Funcom's new 'events' team would be charged with mediating this. They would work in tangent with the dev team. Perhaps they'd plan on OT attempting to revert Newland to the omni faction. They'd write up many 'missions' that would be implemented via patch to allow players of OT alignment to complete. They would also write up 'missions' for clan aligned to complete. Depending on how many of each side completed missions etc, Newland might revert to the omni faction. Or it might be saved through the hard work of clanners. Just a rough idea really, because as much fun as xp might be to you now, send me a tell when you're my level.

Of course there's a whole other aspect. PVP. Now first off, I know all the rhetoric of only the small small minority blah blah are interested. If you are a high level player and truly believe that most high level players aren't interested in participating in some form of pvp, then feel free to dispute me. If you don't fall into that category, don't waste your time replying with 'no one wants to pvp go away blahblah'. The current pvp system is...unfinished. Instead of working on it, Funcom has created a title system and two arenas in the hopes that it will keep pvp players satisfied. They completely ignore the fact that for many of us, that is not pvp. I know I am not alone as a high level player when I say that I would trade away every single thing in 14.5 for any enhancement towards the pvp system. For any chance at participating in a war. And that does not mean changing the color of the floor in the arena.

Well, heh, I've pretty much strayed off the topic, oh well. If you enjoy outdoor hunting then do so. Look for improvements. It's when you start looking for nerfs to missions that I have to roll my eyes. I shouldn't be suprised though. Nerfing is about the only thing most forum posters post about. Takes very little thought/experience to ask for them. *shrug*

Edit: I like Gwend's idea of a fun time. ;P She's right though. Pulling 10-15 mobs to first room is the most exciting thing there is really at that level. Amazing what we're amused with. :P
    Last edited by Zylina; Sep 18th, 2002 at 12:55:49.

We get about 60k a kill fighting lvl 200+ mobs in are secret place but kills take forever even with 5 lvl 200 pets.

Go out to EFP and fight the big snakes South of the Op. Tons of safe room and I can kill a snake every 2 min solo for 60-70k xp a pop. On top of that 95% of them drop clusters ql 170ish -200. In just a few hours I had a backpack full of 200's alone. Con orange-ish red at 150. Also cyborg colonals/generals there if you like to switch it up, they don't give as good xp tho, only 50-60ish k xp. BTW the Op is very close with insure terms and I believe a whompa. The snakes are called Brain Eaters, or something like that.

Originally posted by Xira
    You left out a reason to hunt them at all.

Unless you _LIKE_ getting raped for sub-par exp...

But hey masocists are people too.
    I thought it was obvious, sorry.

As for **** ... depends by whom And I'd say **** is always sup-par experience.

Yes, of course they are.

ummm ... mr.Purist

r-a-p-e
    1)
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Latin rapa, rapum turnip, ****; akin to Old High German rAba turnip, ****, Lithuanian rope
    Date: 14th century
    : a European herb (Brassica napus) of the mustard family grown as a forage crop for sheep and hogs and for its seeds which yield rapeseed oil and are a bird food -- compare CANOLA

2)
    1 : an act or instance of robbing or despoiling or carrying away a person by force
    2 a : sexual intercourse with a woman by a man without her consent and chiefly by force or deception -- compare STATUTORY **** b : unlawful sexual intercourse by force or threat other than by a man with a woman
    3 : an outrageous violation

3)
    Etymology: French râpe grape stalk
    Date: 1657
    : grape pomace

4)
    Function: transitive verb
    Inflected Form(s): raped; rap·ing
    Etymology: Middle English, from Latin rapere
    1 a archaic : to seize and take away by force b : DESPOIL
    2 : to commit **** on

Yet, one can use it as a verb (where only one meaning is possible) and not as a noun.
    Last edited by Cozy; Sep 19th, 2002 at 08:48:54.
    postcount++

Originally posted by Zylina
    I know I am not alone as a high level player when I say that I would trade away every single thing in 14.5 for any enhancement towards the pvp system. For any chance at participating in a war. And that does not mean changing the color of the floor in the arena.
    You are not alone Zylina, as I'd do the exact same thing....

PvP is the core of what keeps a level 200 player playing the game. PvM @ level 200? C'mon. No XP or tokens needed at 200. And you (FunCom) actually thought that giving us mobs with the 1-hit-kill ability who's lewt droppings is diet cola at best would make the game fun? Make an alt and climb the ridiculous XP curve all over again? Why bother when the end game is empty?

I haven't even reached TL6 yet, nor do I plan to at this time. I'm not so sure I can swallow any more this EQ-clone they call Anarchy Online because as Zylina mentioned, killing the same mobs for about 100 levels because it's the only viable way to advance gets really boring 10 levels into the process.

And Scumbug also has a wonderful point about the misconceptions in the minds of FunCom and I really hope the devs at FunCom take that to heart and realize the potential of this game. None of us would leave out of boredom after hitting 200 if there was something fun for us to do.
    .: Naraya :.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12