Thread: crat EXP SAVE nano line

Lightbulb crat EXP SAVE nano line

As everybody knows EXP loss can be sometimes very frustrating, that's why I would like to ask you what do you think about building a new Crat nano line for EXP saving programs.

Nano formula would save from 10% of gained and unsaved experience /on ql levels/ to 100% on high ql lvl.

This would make Crat much more desired companion in every team.

Just a suggestion to think about. Let me know what do you think.

Bump Nice Idea

This sounds like a great idea.

I would only make 2 adjustments. 1st, it would have to cost a significant amount of money, (To keep it from being abused) and also a long recharge time sort of like Agent FP has this way you can't use it every kill.

Also Im not sure this should go to a crat. Reason being since crats already have that uber area mezz ( Or charm or whatever) I always like to have on come along already. Maybe give it to one of the professions that cant pull/tank/mezz/heal.

Hehehe I don't want that nano =]

Nobody really dies very often in my level range, but they might worry enough about it to expect me to cast it on them. This would mean even more nano usage than my ghetto nano-pool allows.

I guess it might be nice for just before a boss room in a 75-125ish team but doesn't have much application beyond that.

Smile Already thought of

Funcom already listed an item under development that is a 'crat briefcase thats a portable save terminal. Never got it done though.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Wasn't the briefcase a portable bank ?

The nanoline would be nice, then I can blame my xp loss on the crat instead

Question Not so fast...

I'm not sure that I (L84 crat) am in favor of such a nano or "crat" item.

I am pretty hesitant to think that *I* might be held responsible for *your* XP loss. And I feel pretty certain that if crats had this capability, they would be "blamed" (fairly or unfairly) for player's XP losses.

In theory, it sound nice. But, just not sure I can go along with it when I consider its probable impact.

Cheers,
    Martek

i think the breifcase was supposed to be a bank, something most crats didn't want.

at the time most crats thought it would be good to get an xp save nano with play balance limitations.

maybe save only a % of xp. maybe have it lock an 'xp save' skill on the user so you can't be saving xp after every kill but the crat can still let the people around him save xp periodically.

an xp save ability would make crats much more desirable in teams; especially if hunting becomes fashionable again.

They almost got 'XP Pills' to the live servers once. They were on Test and were an inch from being patched in.

If you were about to die you would mash one of these things in yer mouth and close yer eyes and the final blow landed. You'd be reconstructed in a new body, but wouldn't have lost completely all of your experience gained since your last save.

Got pulled just a bit before publishing to the live servers for some reason.

Cool

Seems to me that crats are already regarded well enough for teams. I get invites all the time, and I also see team channel posts like "team of 4 looking for calmer and doc); etc., at various team levels.

I don't see the justification for this nano/capability in terms of "increased desirability" in teams. From my perspective there is an adequate amount of desirability for a crat in a team as is.

Cheers,
    Martek

Yep from 1-170 I've never had a problem finding a team. In fact when i cruise into newland to pull a solo or just head for the store to chat I get tells from people asking me if I'm teamed. Not as popular as a doc, but popular enough. The only people who don't desire a crat in a team are either people who have never teamed with a crat or people who have teamed with a clueless crat that used to be an enforcer or something and re-rolled because they saw a high level crat in action.

Don't want a nano or an item that does this, give it to fixers or traders or someone else, but not crats. I'm sure it will be in high demand for outdoor hunting, but honestly do we really need to make the game any EASIER? The AI is pathetically easy to manage as it is, and most of the time the only deaths come from dumb players.

Better idea, crats are pretty well off in PVM, give them something cool in PVP, even if it's just making their calms work as INI debuffs to simulate the effect. Or make them end combat for a 5 second period or untill attacked (single target only).

I'm not so sure

I get yelled at enough when the mezz doesn't land or stick. And while that sometimes is because I'm attacking a MOB 2x my level (not that that ever happens ) and it's countered, more often then not, it's because a teammate keeps attacking the add and breaks mezz.

Maybe give something like this to Docs... they're concentrating on team-mates anyway. I'm concentrating on crowd control, not my team.
    - Machiavelli - RK1 Clan Bureaucrat

Under "Other, Additional Information" I listed "main is bureaucrat"