Thread: Thank you, Testlive testers

Thank you, Testlive testers

Thank you, Testlive testers, for catching a major bug, making FC aware of it, and getting the patch postponed.

We appreciate the efforts you guys put forward in making sure the game we play is better.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Well said

'nuff said, nothing to add...
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-05-10 06:47:01
    It will remain playable until : 2004-09-20 08:20:45

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

and bump

I'm definatley not a fan boy, but yep, looks like the test server system is working and FC is LISTENING to the players on test.

well test, thanks for preventing a bad patch for live, thanks FC for having the good sense to listen.

peace

cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

*pops into thread to ninja-loot the appreciation*

--
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

ya know whats really funny? Is FC doesn't even test patches, WE DO, and we PAY TO TEST THEM. We work for them, at our own cost.

i'm sure they test, but there is a limit to how much the few people they have left on their development team can do.

be glad that they instituted the test server and let players test and prevent the huge amount of whining and flmaing that would have occured if the patch went live in its current form.

---

just realized i sounded like a f4nb01 there. lol.

they f'up so much i'm pleasantly surprised when something right is done.

Thumbs down

Thanks to the testers? LOL. WOW. How intelligent they had to be to catch this bug. No MA-attacks or Special Area-Bursts worked. w00t! omg, can't believe how good these testers are! daymn.

And to FC's honor. You guys ever heard about INTERNAL TESTING? A patch is patched to internal servers for testing long before they see themselfs on test-live. Outstanding internal testing, FC. Outstanding.

Oh, and not only have this 14.5 patch taken almost 3 months in the making and been delayed and delayed, they actually choose to patch a NEW patch on test in the very same 24-hour timespan they should patch it onto live. Yet again, OUTSTANDIG planning.

BTW, it puts some questions to FC's code quality. A minor fix-the-patch patch actually wrecked havock on such elemental things. I can't even start to wonder how messed up their code is.
    Last edited by Caol; Sep 11th, 2002 at 16:08:49.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Originally posted by Abalz
    FC doesn't even test patches, WE DO, and we PAY TO TEST THEM. We work for them, at our own cost.
    LOL!! AND FUNCOM THOUGHT WE'D NEVER NOTICE .. .
    Last edited by kiltz; Sep 11th, 2002 at 16:41:00.
    Techno-Wizard

Originally posted by Wo "Caol" Ha
    Thanks to the testers? LOL. WOW. How intelligent they had to be to catch this bug. No MA-attacks or Special Area-Bursts worked. w00t! omg, can't believe how good these testers are! daymn.

And to FC's honor. You guys ever heard about INTERNAL TESTING? A patch is patched to internal servers for testing long before they see themselfs on test-live. Outstanding internal testing, FC. Outstanding.

Oh, and not only have this 14.5 patch taken almost 3 months in the making and been delayed and delayed, they actually choose to patch a NEW patch on test in the very same 24-hour timespan they should patch it onto live. Yet again, OUTSTANDIG planning.

BTW, it puts some questions to FC's code quality. A minor fix-the-patch patch actually wrecked havock on such elemental things. I can't even start to wonder how messed up their code is.
    LOLLL, I KNOW YOU LUV FUNCOM AS MUCH AS I DO CAOL
    Techno-Wizard

Originally posted by Abalz
    ya know whats really funny? Is FC doesn't even test patches, WE DO, and we PAY TO TEST THEM. We work for them, at our own cost.
    yeah I hate it when FC won't let me play on the live server till I put so much time in on test. Boy somebody should say somthing to them about that.

~aqua

Slightly more intelligence then it takes to post the mindless garbage you just did

~aqua

Originally posted by kiltz

./me hands klitz the manual on font control.

~aqua

Talking

I want to thank the testers for a job well done. And for those of you who mock them let me say this. You can all go suck a bronto teet, and I hope your characters get consistantly ganked by low level mobs.

Agreed

Thanks Test peoples. YOu guys roxxor!

it makes me wonder what changes were made instead of wondering about their code control. i already have strong opinion about their code.

Originally posted by kiltz

I love their game, I dig a few select people in FC very much, but they keep on doing stupid stuff. It's a cycle, like they never learn (or want to learn). Their lack of wanting to improve makes me wanna smack em with my beam.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Too many threads on this now. I made an 'official' one to keep it in one place and not drown other posts out.

Closing this one.