Thread: HOLY SCHNIKIES! The Patch Delays are Outrageous

HOLY SCHNIKIES! The Patch Delays are Outrageous

Good god almighty.

These patch delays are freaking outrageous.

If you cannot handle the responsibility of programming without making 50000000 bugs, then code smaller patches and patch once a week or something.

Learn how to program!
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

Horrible post.
    Novice Frank "Veev" Howryla
    Apprentice "Tocksick"
    Rookie Garfield "Inergi" Lene
    Freshman Mohamed "Mayley" Howryla
    Freshman Donald "Nubify" Dorph

Re: HOLY SCHNIKIES! The Patch Delays are Outrageous

Originally posted by Cindrax
    Good god almighty.

These patch delays are freaking outrageous.

If you cannot handle the responsibility of programming without making 50000000 bugs, then code smaller patches and patch once a week or something.

Learn how to program!
    do it for them.
    -------------
    Myles "Tahrus" Barchus
    CEO Freedom News Networks Inc., RK2
    Bureaucrat, Media Mogul, and all-around good guy!

Question pasted reply

Which is better?

1) Put patch on live with some god-awful bugs that do who knows what, like say um delete chars, items, xp, IP, levels, tokens or add big exploits etc etc etc.

2) Have to wait longer *GASP*

FFS, its you're going to complain, complain about something that deserves it. This doesn't. Exactly the opposite has been the problem in the past, they have patched too damn soon more than once!

Thanks for holding back this time FC. Get out the can of raid and kill those bugs DEAD.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Yes, how dare those *awful* developers decide to try to *fix* bugs.

I mean, if the patch isn't buggy, what will we be able to threaten to quit over?
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

heh... quests arn't working properly (people would wine).
    Implants are still wacky with the introduction of 230 implants.

Come on give them a break or play on test to see why its taking so long.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Relax, its not the end of the world.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

You all say horray for funcom they aren't putting out ****ty patches. I totally agree ****ty patches suck. However I am still pissed off that these patches are taking so long.

Why you ask?? Because patches are taking longer to come out and are containing less content. Now why is that?? well i think its quite obvious now. The majority of the dev team has been moved from making patches to shadowlands and now more recently shadowlands and the booster. So they can milk us for more money.

I mean lets look at this upcoming patch for example.

Woohoo they are adding 140!@!! new outdoor camps. The majority of that coding is already in the game in team missions. So they transfer that knowledge create 140 identical camps and edit the parameters to make them each seem somewhat unique. Wow that musta taken months to do!@!!

The second large part of the patch i see. Loads of new armours. But wait they aren't new armours at all they are just existing armours increased in QL and given fancy names wow another month of funcom coding

Yes i do realize i am simplifying the whole process immensly in my example. But when compared to 6 months ago when giant game changing prof fixing patches were coming out about every month what we are recieving now is crapola.

I ****ty little patch which has taken 3 months to create. I would not be suprised if all but 1 or 2 people have been taken away from the live servers to develope the booster and shadowlands. And for this reason i will by neither unless they start reducing our subscription prices to match the amount of progress we are seeing.

/rant

I hate funcom fanboys. I should know i used to be one.

why does everyone go from being ultra "fanboy" to bashing everything funcom does? try the middle ground, thinking about why funcom is doing things, and understanding the reason.

yes, the patch is going to be late, they are fixing bugs. Get over it.

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

why lilnymph cause there mind numbing tired, Tired of Broken shores missions, Tired of 20k missions, Tired of lack of customer support, and the list goes on. I find diversions from powerleveling fun.

PLayer run events. Doing quests(not full potential yet here). Going to swap meets with kupotek (she will be missed). working with n00bs in the back yard, etc. to break up the monotony of Broken shores missions.

Content is needed lil thus when a content patch keeps getting pushed back and pushed back, these people freak out and start dropping as a form of protest.

Hugs
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

lose lose sit.

funcom breaks another promise, right or not-- i guess i need a break, but i love AO to much.

THis game is awsome, but the flaws hit pretty hard

Lag, is the top 10 reasons

no outdoor hunting 11-20 reasons

No balance in PvM

No PvP balance.

No pet pathing

No new content

did i say Nulity, epsolong purge, stun nukes, to long debuffs, OE weapons. ect

Players for equal rights :P

SS

Would you prefer:
    a) More bugs
    b) Delay in patch

FC are right to delay the patch due to bugs and before any of you go on about "but that said it would be today boohooo booohoo" remember that they only gave an estimated release date due to people moaning about not having one (release date that is).

You can either be patient (yes I know that we have all been fecked off by delays in the past) and let then do a decent job or force and early patch and have a bunch more bugs to deal with.

You cant have your cake and eat it ....
    Promoo - Agent, Clan on Rimor
    Still alive but now dressed in spandex and called Big Gun in CoH
    Keeper Of Tiggy

Happy Tree Friends - The best animation on the web

Too many threads on this now. I made an 'official' one to keep it in one place and not drown other posts out.

Closing this one.