Thread: Whats in a name?

Whats in a name?

Well, what IS in a name? Quite a lot in my humble opinion. Consider:

Your name is often THE first thing people get to base an opinion on. First opinions are, in my experience, incredibly hard to change if you make a bad one, and therefore a fairly important aspect of any chars development. Its whats put up in lights if you ever manage to convince a TAG Reporter that they ARE in fact interested in sordid revalations about your "dubious" experiences with Leets at College. Its what people define you by, what they know you as, hell just look at the whole Superslag affair for evidence of how important names are.

The point to all this? Well it just makes me wonder why people can be so damn lazy when choosing names! I've counted at least FIVE variations on the name "Behemoth" in the last month alone. Wheres all the imagaination gone?

Please enter your desired nickname:

B-E-H-E-M-O-T-H

Error! that name is already taken - please try another:

B-E-H-E-M-O-T-H-H

B-E-E-H-E-M-O-H-H-H

B-3-H-3-M-0-T-H

Error! that name is a shocking abuse of the english language and is likely to get you ignored by everyone!

Would it not strike anyone going through that process that "Gee..maybe i'll have to try something...ELSE!"

*cue lightning and evil laughter*

And dont even get me started on the wonder of creative thinking that is "Troxcrat". Hell i might as well change my name to "Manguy" and have done with it

One more thing - just in case anyone realises my nick is perhaps the most unorginal one in this entire post please bear in mind that if wasnt for the Hyphen Nazis that are FC i would have a more original choice.

Top priority for next patch: Free the grammar!

*Chants We want hyphens! We want hyphens!*

What?

Oh fine then :P

*Chants I want hyphens! I dont speak for everyone! I want hyphens!*

Umm... I was just thinking the same thing

Adding another:

The wonder of modern creative thinking that is "Juggernaught". (See also "Juggernought", "Jiggynought", "Jugger0", "Jugernort", and the timeless classic "Jgg3rnort"")