Thread: Rubika Taxi Service

Lightbulb Rubika Taxi Service

Would it not be cool if you had a flying craft that could carry other players?

this could be used as a way to get your team to that far away dungeon or getting your crew, collected, on the battlefield. You could even set up a taxi service for the yalmless..

I was thinking this would not even be hard to to acomplish as the game stands now..

Here is an idea for a people carrying craft,

One guy is the pilot...he flies the craft just like a yalm.

the passengers sits in the the hull which is entered just like when you enter a mission...get a key and zone into the passenger compartment. The passenger compartment is a kin of limbo on a different server so you do not have to get into a lot of hassle with alligning different connection speeds with that of the pilot. So when the pilot anounces on the craft-chat that the objective has been reached, people zone out...

I know that an egi can do this allready and more with the beaconwarp, but a peoplecarrier would be so much more Sci fi and well...just damn cool, especially if the model was a big bulky design like a dropship or something

still, this would not take away anything from the engis since a craft could never be used indoors where, as I understand it, beaconwarp is mostly used. I for one would buy such a craft even if it cost me 30mil
    "We are jolly green giants...walking the planet...with guns"

Stormhat"Warcriminal" Lotto

General of Ragnarok

Master of 80 sec survival

"Valhalla or Reclaim!!"

Cool...

Just one hole that would need resolving:

If players are all inside, how do they know that the pilot isn't parked 10,000 feet up above MMD when they asked to be taken to Tir (and ground level) ?
    Crazynotion - Atrox Bureaucrat, RK1

Formerly posted as Mechanita

well.....they would just have to trust the pilot

or...they might be made able to access the pilots F9 data

General of Ragnarok

"Valhalla or Reclaim!!"

Hehe, that'd be a good thing. All vehicles here are monospace... thoughlots of people get their yalm sooner or later, or find otehr means of travelling... I'd like to see wuch services. They could be damn useful for 'big' events needing a certain amount of people be carried from a point to another, and work well with Engies' work (warping lots of chaps takes *time*, hehe).
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Yes...and lets have diffrent sizes and designs

ranging from small unarmored "taxi-cabs" to larger troop carriers with sufficient armor to land troops under battlefield conditions

General of Ragnarok

"Valhalla or Reclaim!!"

oooooh....

bump!
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Hmm..

Could be done by just using the plain ol' collition detection. Everyone who has seen a carrier / watercraft know that it'd have more than enough space for a team to be carried around. (If a certain kind of personel area would be inserted to such a craft).
    The craft would be able to operate only if the people being on board would be sitting.

So i'd would be like an APC type of craft with perhaps flight and non-flight capable versions.

Needless to say, the vehicle size bug upon playshifting would have to be corrected first: Would be terrific to be in 5000 feet raiding a APC carrier when after zoning the carrier would become 5% of its original size and the passangers going like WAAAAAA-aaaaaa-aaaaaaaa... THUMP!

<APC Pilot> ... ... ... Whoopsie

=)
    Last edited by Chromad; Sep 4th, 2002 at 09:56:53.
    Regards,
    Chromad

Advisor of the First Order

Tukan | Chromad | Mikados

I like the idea of a Dropship,
    Personally Id like it to be extremely expensive, would Help out lots in large combat where you have to get to someplace far away. (ie: A guild war down in Artery valley)
    General of Apocaylpse

--The Council of Atroxes--
    Power to the Atrox!

Talking

Bump!
    Account Created : 2001-10-13 23:06:00
    Merphisto

Funkula

This is something i would also realy love to se...

Make a Dropship.

Make it have alot of modifyers so the pilot could land in a combat zone...

something like alot of AC / HP to the pilot.

Make it have a long equip time... and make it rather slow...

Should not be a craft wher the pilot would use it to get him self to the compat zone... so something like 2 mins equip time...

Also... a scout craft would be sweet...

make it Cloaked and ekstreamly fast... So that 1 could fly over the zone and asses the situation...
    OT Soldier: Sarv
    My little CH ho: Zitrix

Cool idea!
    *Atlantean*
    Firelle, Veteran of Valor Eternal
    Babylon, Plasticity, Sumeria, Senzi, Nefret, Haloed, etc.

*Rimor*
    Vivaryn

Cyclophenia - Played on GSP! Support Viredan's musical creations so he can buy more Plummo!

Here's another idea:

How about a floating/flying restaurant?

You could load everyone aboard and have a party in the sky!

The Yalm could be set to auto-pilot which would just allow it to fly around in a circle.

Originally posted by Sarv

make it Cloaked and ekstreamly fast... So that 1 could fly over the zone and asses the situation... [/B]
    The Mid is basically this, a but it inst fast thats all.

As for the people carrier idea i think it would be great, especially for a taxi service