Thread: Slayerdroid Claws in 14.5 Bogus

Slayerdroid Claws in 14.5 Bogus

MA's for the most part use Hazgerine Animal Claws (peircing based) as a wpn of choice (other than Bows at higher lvls). Well in the 14.5 item database there's a new Slayerdroid Crystal Claw that is even better, and is also based on piercing. So, since it's a claw, and based on peircing you would think it would be geared towards MA's, but guess what, it's based on melee init, and it's IMPOSSIBLE for an any class save enfs to wear it. Takes 1112 peircing to equip and a lvl 200 MA, wrangled and has peircing triple implanted only has about 1050 peircing (ok if they have a melee NBall and smelly butcher gloves it works, but come on). This skill cap goes for any class save enfs which can challenge. Just voicing my opinion that this sux major for such a kewl wpn my MA would like to use. - LS
    Littleslayar "LS" - lvl 195 Gimp - Proud to Self Cast FFoK and UVC at lvl 162 Before Notum Wars.

Check here for help on How to Self Cast FFoK/UVC Pre 190

Freshman Ian "FrostGigas" Warr - lvl 167 Blade Trox

The Shark Ethic: Eat the Wounded, Kill the Gimped

You're already over-powered enough.
    Novice Frank "Veev" Howryla
    Apprentice "Tocksick"
    Rookie Garfield "Inergi" Lene
    Freshman Mohamed "Mayley" Howryla
    Freshman Donald "Nubify" Dorph

point being? =]

Claws are boring anyways - LS
    Littleslayar "LS" - lvl 195 Gimp - Proud to Self Cast FFoK and UVC at lvl 162 Before Notum Wars.

Gotta agree with Veev here... organic suits, claws, crit buffs, etc... you guys have enough toys... let some other people have some cool stuff... Maybe next we can change the reqs on the CHS to Bow, MA and Phy Init so you guys can use those too

hehehhehehahhahahah give MA's more stuff? i dont think so...

I would take it to be bad habit to assume based on partial name an item should be geared for a specific class. Just because it says claw and uses piercing means nothing more than its name contains the word claw and it requires the piercing skill to use.

To read more than whats there then post about it does nothing more than excite yourself and others. Read the requirements. That will tell you who its meant for. If it had MA requirement then i would say yeah its a MA weapon. It doesnt.

MAs have many weapon types from blunt, 2hb, 2he etc etc. Piercing is not our class defining weapon no matter what is popular now. That changes with time. Perhaps it's geared toward the enforcer in mind. Perhaps its not even going to make it to live. Perhaps theres other complimentary items that make that weapon usable by other ppl. It's on test. Simple as that.

My point was it'd be a kewl thing for an MA to use since we alreayd use peircing. and that is sux that only enforcers can use them because of the high req. Did i say MA's deserve it? no, just that i had gotten my hopes up when i 1st saw it, and now im disappointed. dont try to give me MA advice, sans pvp (which i dont care about) i know what MA's are about - LS

I have a level 80 MA right now that ive been playing a lot of. I love MAs i have to say but I agree.... I think we have enough stuff. Let some of the other classes have some good items just for them too.

Just on a side thought...

A full suit of Nova Dillon, plus a Dillon helmet, all QL200, would give around 30 points to piercing... which is a significant portion of the remainder.

Also an option: a pair of Monofilament Triplers would buff your piercing by 60. Pretty easy to MM, too; 816 MM needed.

Not impossible, but hard.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

its not on live yet anyway. the enforcer professionals tested the new melee weapons (specially the new bats) and told the devs they were to uber...maybe they wont make it to live anyway (i actually hope so. theres nothing comparable to the blood bat in game yet).