Thread: Please move the Tir Grid terminal

Unhappy Please move the Tir Grid terminal

For the love of notum please move it!!.

You have the grid point, a store, mission terminals, happy rebel, reclaim terminals, a bank terminal, BY 5 and Superslag's office in one tiny square.

This leads to some amazing connection drops going to and from the grid point. Heck the number of times I've gone LD trying to grid into Tir only to get stuck in a loop of "You have been disconnected". I know I'm not the only one that suffers this - in fact a few people I know arent as lucky as me (because I can grid there about 60 - 70% of the time and stay connected) they have to bypass the grid area altogether, whompa to Athen, run to West Athen and grid from there.

Here's a suggestion, why not move the grid outside the city like the grid at Newland or even move it to a part of the city where there are no shops terminals bars etc
    Member of First Light (EG)

Owner of the Thong of Power

TEH SEXXAY SEXXAY AVEDTU..ADVTERN...ANDEVTURE...EXPLORER

Makes it easy for omni to sell stuff in tir tho if its full :/

I have a solution

Join Omni! That would solve your problem. No more rinky dink clan cities.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

oh the joy

Join omni. Run around huge cities with poorly designed walkways that require you to go 5 miles out of your way to get to a store.

No thanks.

Personally, I like the grid being there.

It would be nice if there was a selection of exit-points that the server could use according to local conditions though. Maybe pop you out on the island if things are two crowded around the grid terminal. Drop you next to the council headquarters if both areas are crowded.

Putting you outside is just asking for newbies to be dropped into a nest of rollerrats though.

And yes, in neither of the other two selections, would an omni be safe. Too bad. Personally I'd like to see an 85% suppression gas area anyway. Locals can shoot at visitors, but visitors can only shoot back once fired upon, (assuming they survive the first volley.) Sort of like the neutral FUBAR, but intentional.

Re: oh the joy

Originally posted by Ralgur
    Join omni. Run around huge cities with poorly designed walkways that require you to go 5 miles out of your way to get to a store.

No thanks.
    Or you can just go to trade where the shops are set out in a very good way (npc vendors in middle followed by Miir then basic then superior and advanced on same level)

move that grid term, is right!

HOLY BUMP, BATMAN!

Eh, putting Tir grid terminal near guards would serve only one purpose:

To increase the lag.

Now, while I can't speak for all my fellow Omni employees, I can say this: I go to Tir often to conduct business. If there's a couple guards on me when I pop out, is that going to stop me? Hell no, I'll just kill them, spamming everyone's screen with damage messages and even more lag.

/me shrugs.

--K

Well, maybe they can fix that with a couple lvl 200 clan guards with permadeath weapons hanging around the grid terminal. :>

I still want an 85% suppression zone. You can't attack unless it's your home territory, then for you it's political.

Clanners can KOS Omni in Tir and Athen, zombies /b/b/b/b/b/b/b/b/b braindead /b/b/b/b/b/b/b/b/b/b/b Omni personel can attack clan without provocation in Omni 1 and Trade.

I'm not sure about neutral, but Newland seems like Switzerland to me. A place both committed sides can meet without eating lead to trade POW's.

Besides, MY suggestion wasn't initially to put guards next to the exit point, but set up a couple "overflow" exit points, and if THOSE happen to be near guards, too bad.

P.S. Yes, omni supporters, you can take my comments as provocation, but I'm not planning on venturing into an area you can attack me any time soon.
    Last edited by Sean Roach; Sep 2nd, 2002 at 08:57:02.