Thread: Buffs for pets, new abilities for pets.

Buffs for pets, new abilities for pets.

I never really figured out wtf the android NCU's are for ?
    My pet has so much more NCU than I can ever use anyway, so why dont we get some more buffs to fill our bots with ?

The thing that is mostly needed is a nano resist buff that makes our pets usable in PvP, so my crat friend dont have 2 pets and I have none. It could also help the bot from getting rooted in missions.

Also, I can think of some new abilities for our bots.
    When I swim, my gladiatorbot seems to walk through the water with water up to his waist. I wanna be able to stand on his shoulders and be able to fight pirhanas/sharks and /wave at my friends who has to swim.

Warbots have machine gun, make them able to shoot the damn thing. A simple energy weapon with GOOD damage, since we cant selfbuff the slayers would be nice AND fair.
    And maybe highest warbot could be an alternative to lowest slayers in PvP due to range.

Give us trimmers or nanos that gives the pet ability to understand advanced commands. (along with new commands of course) Sort of INT buff, so pet can guard a friend, or use first aid.

Give us ability to blow up our pets and use remaining HP as area damage, doing fire/projectile damage on everyone nearby including ourselves too if we're too close.

Give our pets a use for their higher perception and map reading ability, so they can warn us when any monster closes in while Im sleeping under a tree in the fields.

Give our pets storage capabilities, why should I carry a big heavy bag when i got a 3 meter tall robot with me ?
    Let us have big android containers, balanced by the fact that if pet dies, I have to walk to reclaim for stuff, or maybe loose it forever.

Just some thoughts.

This would probably be better placed in the engi forum... but anyways.

Even the 200 slayer doesn't have enough NCU for the buffs I use, but I get enough in so it isn't a major issue.

There should be a way to break roots that doesn't involve casting a incomp debuff. Roots and runspeed debuffs are one of the most frustrating programs to have cast on you. I do a lot of solo missions and when my bot or myself is rooted it just seems poinless to be standing around waiting. At least they only last about 3 minutes, the 15+ minute long runspeed debuff that mobs would hit me with were horrible. It does nothing but drag the pace of the game down. There should at least be a general Nano or item that can be used when the target isn't in a fight to break roots and run speed debuffs.

For the Gladbot being used as a boat... I wouldn't ask funcom to do something like that, there is no way they could possibly pull it off without causing a whole lot of problems. And it would be a waste of time, water is just a minor problem and when you get a plane it isn't even a issue.

The warbot does have a arm that could be a gun, but changing it like would probably end up with all the problems that the crats had with their pets when they used guns (I don't really want to get into that). It would easier to just say it is a flamethower and add the animation for the flames. The bot already has a movment that would work well with that.

Adding advanced commands could happen later, for right now I would like the focus for the pets to stay on learning how find a door or walk around a table. And I don't think we really need our pets to heal (personally I wouldn't want a slayer to play doctor on me).

I always thought that having the bot explode on death/termination would be cool but there are problems with it. You could take your bot to BB in Ent and take out a crowd of people. Only it wouldn't be used to cause grief to people is if the damage was only directed at it's target, which of course doesn't make much sense for a explosion.

Using the bot for early warning would be very annoying, I can't imagine flying over camps with 20 mobs and the bot warning you of every single one.. until you crash.

Having the bot hold onto items would not be worth the time to make the changes. Most people wouldn't use it more than a few times, then they would realize they are better off to go just buy another bag keep it in their inv. I can't imagine putting anything more valuable than ammo on the bot, and even then most people wouldn't want to run to their bot and find the ammo on him mid fight.

Well that is just my opinion, I needed something to do while I was eating lunch at work.

Atomicrabbit

The NCP versions of the Automaton/Android and Warbot/Warmachine have ranged attacks. So should the Eng versions of the same. The Eng Gladbot and Slayer should have _much_ higher melee damage to compensate for the lack of ranged weapon (or to hell with the 'fluff' and give them all a ranged weapon).

Exploding bots was supposed to be given to us in the shape of the kamikazi bot. Looks like we'll never see the little critter though

Boat bot - No thanks, but maybe an Eng-only gadget that makes a boat or similar (check the eng forum for the gadget thread)

Inventory bot - Yeah I've suggested this before

Also suggested before a device that lets you control bot in first person. Kinda like a Trader charm (in that you are rooted) but you actually control the bot directly. This would allow you to scout.

Problem is though if you find the gadget thread in the Eng forum youll see pages of ideas completely ignored by FC, then read the reply to the professionals report where FC say that Engineers are fine as they are and you'll soon wonder what the point is of making suggestions..........
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

you dont want them to give your bot a ranged attack

remember what the crat pets did when they gave em machine guns for a patch. It wasn't pretty

Question

Originally posted by Oberon
    you dont want them to give your bot a ranged attack

remember what the crat pets did when they gave em machine guns for a patch. It wasn't pretty
    No... what happened?

It went horribly wrong.

Bottom line though, if the Devs can code it in for the NPC bots, they _should_ be able to do it for the player bots too.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

as it was supposed to be a "ranged" attack the crat`s bots tried to hold some distance to their helpless victims. imagine this with the actual pathing and melee mobs following the bot to get close enough...

So add a new command:

/pet ranged - Makes the engineer Pet attempt to engage from a distance with the beam weapon.

/pet melee - Causes the pet to close and engage with melee attacks and beam weapon.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.