Thread: Changing Dimensions ?

Changing Dimensions ?

Maybe the Shadowlands could be an unique playfield for both RK1 and RK2. So players could shift easily from one to another by traveling through the shadowlands.
    As RK3 is not physically located in the same place as the others dimensions, it should not possible.

Just a thought
    Rey Ashblead Peasley, Fixer on RK2, Main character, puller and bank for alts

If you have any message, please pm me or contact Ashblead ingame.

It has been stated many times that this will never, ever be done. The demand (which is negligible) far exceeds the work involved (500+ man hours, plus 1000+ hours testing)

It would also ruin both dimension's economies.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Unhappy just love the ignorance

1) All the servers are located in the same physical space in the USA.

2) Dimension travel is still being looked at, but there are problems technically with automating the process.

I'm not even going to bother digging up the threads where 1 and 2 are stated by Funcom employees. Maybe the time it takes you to search for them will keep you from posting more clueless statements.

huh?

How would that ever be possible...I mean there are characters on RK1 and RK2 that have the same names....they will never be allowed in the same world...

Just my thought..lemme know if you know a way around this..?
    Good Hunting Brothers and Sisters

I don't see why this should be a major issue. It should be entirely possible to implement an auto renaming scheme, no? Even one as simple as having a letter or number appended to a name.

Announce it, give people an opportunity to rename their characters themselves by X date, and the ones that don't, just do it for them.

In shadowbane, when a charcter switch from server he is renamed as : XXXX from YYYY server.
    Could be a way to have 2 characters with the same name.
    Rey Ashblead Peasley, Fixer on RK2, Main character, puller and bank for alts

If you have any message, please pm me or contact Ashblead ingame.

I think they should make it so you can only move up the ladder, For exampole from RK3 to RK2 to RK1 not the other way around. Reason for that is the different economies. A player moving from RK1 to RK3 would totally demolish the economy on RK3. A player moving the other way though would not have an effect.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Talking .

they could just make it so that it is only the char it self that moves,,, not money items ect... or maybe let ppl keep what they can wear them selfs
    =:Main Char:=

Kazax Meta-Physicist (Saint) Rk2

=:Alternative Chars:=

Ugtar Enforcer (Union Man) Rk2

Kazzax Enforcer (Worker) Rk1 (Retired)

Kickn1337 Martial Artist (Master 5th Dan) Rk2

Der finder kun 10 slags mennesker dem som forstår binær og dem som ikke gør!!!

naahh, it wouldnt "ruin" economy...it would mix it and throw it around some...but...it would stabilize again..and all servers economy would sync and become the same in the end....thats not much of a problem heh...

Re: just love the ignorance

Originally posted by Abunari
    1) All the servers are located in the same physical space in the USA.

2) Dimension travel is still being looked at, but there are problems technically with automating the process.

I'm not even going to bother digging up the threads where 1 and 2 are stated by Funcom employees. Maybe the time it takes you to search for them will keep you from posting more clueless statements.

Here...Gaute said it during the UP.com dev chat:
    [UnknownPlayer] [Teiji] Question: There was a pic on IGN of some concept art named dimensional gate or something to that end. Should we be expecting a way to get across the servers in the booster? In Shadowlands?
    [gaute] There are, sadly, many technical problems with server-travel that we are working on.
    [gaute] We wont be able to get that with these game-play improvements. Again this is a server only upgrade, and when (if ) it comes, it will be a patch. I can’t tell you any details about it, I’m sorry.
    [gaute] this (meaning server travel)
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Originally posted by Intrepid
    I think they should make it so you can only move up the ladder, For exampole from RK3 to RK2 to RK1 not the other way around. Reason for that is the different economies. A player moving from RK1 to RK3 would totally demolish the economy on RK3. A player moving the other way though would not have an effect.
    and dont you think its a LOT easier to get unique on rk1?

WOuldnt a small guild campin all unique on rk3, would **** up our economy??

WTS SHADES OF LUB.
    WTF EXPENSIVE VEST
    WTS Shirt of Zibudawa
    WTS HEAVY PADDED COAT

Think now, sometime less people mean you get what you want, when you want.

no camping involved.

In a way people should be able to have the same name...

from a db point of view.. you would use an incremental integer as a unique identifier...

but of course there are problems. for example if you had the contacts

bob
    bob

which bob is which.. but their could be ways around problems like this.. such as a date as to when they became a "buddy" and/or numbers

bob1
    bob2

but both their names are actually bob
    Susanooh Nano-Technician
    Level 170
    Shadow Level 0
    Alien Level 2
    (Proud owner of Nullity Sphere Mk I, Mk II, Luxuary Jobe Apt. & Pet Leets) (Atlantean)
    Info
    Equip. & Imp. Layout
    Perks
    History

/born Friday November 2nd 2001

Originally posted by The Cheshire Cat Silke
    naahh, it wouldnt "ruin" economy...it would mix it and throw it around some...but...it would stabilize again..and all servers economy would sync and become the same in the end....thats not much of a problem heh...
    No problem for the people on RK1 who would now be rich relative to the median economy.

Medium problem for the middle-class citizens of RK2 who would now be able to afford standard items like NCU and armor, but way outclassed on uniques and rares.

Huge problem for the poor bastards of RK3.

Yes, it would be a problem, just not for Silkex, seeing as he comes from RK1.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

I think allowing transfers between dimenzions is a bad idea.

the only way i can see this even remotely working would be to make you have to cross nekid no items and no cash.

having been on both dimenzions i can tell you that i dont want to see the economy on Rk-2 become as bloated as Rk-1
    Sonny "Ramid" Bichrest

President Vox Populi
    Guild website
    http://www.bbfun.com/index.php?mforum=vox

Arrow lol names

Ask rolller (now rolled) all about changing his name, its a funny/sad story. He still gets the tells from a bunch of different characters on his main I think.

Slag said something about FC giving him a char he can get those old tells from too.

Apparently they don't manage names well. Hell, I see guilds with the same exact name down to every last letter on the website from time to time...
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Perhaps this will clear it up for you....

On copying characters from Rubi-Ka 1 or 2 to Test-Live
    Yes, this is currently technically possible, but it has to be done manually in each case. This means it takes a lot of time, hence we do not offer it to players at all. If we did, only a tiny minority would get to have their characters copied (due to lack of time), which is unfair.

We choose to rather focus on completing a tool for players to be able to copy their character from the live dimensions to the test dimension. This is part of the process of allowing dimension travel.

On transfering characters between accounts
    Yes, this is also technically possible, but due to several questionable possibilities we choose not to offer this to players. It could allow for selling characters, using several accounts for powerleveling and then collecting the characters and closing (or selling) the other accounts, and similar account / character transfers.

Some cases will always be of the kind where we might ought to allow for a transfer, but checking into all cases we would get if we opened for such transfers would take too much time.

On whether Illuvatar will be moved back
    The character has already been moved back. At this moment the People of Rubi-Ka pages has not been updated, so you can probably still see him on both dimensions. I checked the character database myself to make sure I didn't give you wrong information. As soon as the page updates properly, you can check it yourselves.

Lack of update on the People of Rubi-Ka pages
    The script doing this sometimes (quite often, I think ) reports errors when running (and thus does not complete), and has to be rerun manually later during the day. The guy handling this has been ill for a few days, and such we've had only one update of the pages for the last 3-4 days or so.

---

Got any more questions I ought to cover about this case? Let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

Cz
    Othgar
    Omni-Tek Master Assassin
    Skitch
    Omni-Tek NT (Testlive)