Thread: Beggars...

Beggars...

"Excuse me, sir, but could I have 100K?"
    "Excuse me, sir, but could you spare 300K?"
    "Excuse me, sir, but would you like a lap dance? Only 200K"
    "Excuse me, Sir <insert begging>"

AARRRRGH, I'VE HAD IT WITH BEGGERS!
    Your everyday and professional beggers both!
    Gimme a /beggermustdie command or something!
    Or make it possible to kill and hang beggers from the walls of Omni1, NL...and I guess Tir got some also

/rant off

/joke

"Excuse me, sir, but could you spare some change for the bus"
    that's about the only one I haven't heard yet.

-------------------------
    Littletza, President of Shadow Ops
    191 soldier
    RK2

PS. and referr to me as Ma'am!

Talking

bump

Can we at least have a 1 day man for accounts who beg?
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Level *2* Doc : "Excuse me, could you spare 500 cr so I can buy Heal nanos for my team ?"

"Professional beggars" - I call them scammers, or "sympathy skimmers"... quite a few are on my /ignore list.

sheesh, what if i actually need the money? i make a point of only asking once...

and really i cant afford all my alts, cause my main is poor and just buying stuff for him is amazingly expensive.

I usually give beggers 1 credit. By this I’m hoping to build a reputation of a cheap sod.

And Cronos, nobody needs to beg in a world where no one is unemployed. I have built up all my chars without asking for a single credit and so have thousands of others. Now in RL, that’s something completely different…

Presumably you didn't get a massive loan when you started your main...

So he must have managed to make some money somehow.

At low levels take missions from Camelot (Avalon) they pay more.
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

I made millions had over fist doing battlesuit missions before they got nerfed. They still pay well, but not like they used to. Now, at 125 money flows easily. I never have to worry about doing anything to get money. Most of the time, I don't bother to loot mobs on missions because it just slows down the pack and almost nobody badly needs money at that stage.

If you didnt play a prof that could blitz a mission, I would suggest making one. My NT did all of my money making to support all of my toons. He just calmed missions and ran through them. It is dangerous if you are inexperienced in the art of calming a mission with a single target calm, but it can be lucrative if you know how to pick missions and how to get through it without getting murdered.

Altaire

Blitzes, ah yed... I never had as much money with my younger alts than with my char now - though I aint a big money maker, I spend at least half of my time online roleplaying and not running missions or anything else LOL

But what's te best with the blitzes is the THRILL. If you f*** up, you're just dead. And crossing fingers not to fumble when executing a Reckless at the end, cause if you do, you're dead as well

Now back on the topic. I've never begged. At all. Not a single credit. I often gave cash to my Engy b/f when he was still playing, because he was really broke. I even gave some creds to a low level wandering in nail armor so that he could buy a better one (nah really, a real low level, because no twink would wander in nail ). But I've never begged. That's just too big a shame in my mind. Hell, OT have plenty o' assignements to give to its employees when they're in dire need of cash.

I feel a little different about people who need money and actually do something to deserve it, though. Like making a "beggar show" in the street, or anything else showing that they actually "play" their (temporary?) role as beggars,and are not just looking for easy and fast cash without lifting a finger.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

I don't beg.

I was flat broke 100% of the time on my first character, but when I started an alt, I knew ho to make money by doing missions for in-demand items.

Made my first million before level 15, the second time through.

Yes. Let us institute an automatic system that catches those begging phrases and sends a bolt of lightning to incinerate those beggers for 12197 hps of nano damage. It would at least take them from being completely worthless idiots to being semi entertaining as I get to see them be vaporized.

Almost every day I get at least one tell from some idiot for money. If we ever do gain access to our ignore list, mine will be bigger then the encyclopedia brittanica.

Now what's even worse in my eyes are the people who fuel this begging. There's always someone who does in fact go and give that idiot money. Thanks.

Just give them 1337 credits and move on.

Talking again

I've posted this before, but here I go again:

When someone comes up to me at the BB in Ent and begs i tell them this: "What!? U dont have creds?? Dont u know the exploit that gets u all the creds u need? begger: no.... Me: Go to the Bartender at the BB and select him, then without pressing enter/return first type 'moneyquest', do this a coulpe of times until u have enough"

Incredibly...they all fall for it! As the hit "q" in quest they attack the Bartender...and he rapes them all the way back to the reclaim....

fun fun fun
    Animoy - Lvl 220 Soldier on Rk-1 - General of Legion
    Athillon - Lvl 162 Engineer on Rk-1 - Member of Legion - Nerf Engi button in creation room - Sleeping

Re: again

Originally posted by Qui-Athillon
    I've posted this before, but here I go again:

When someone comes up to me at the BB in Ent and begs i tell them this: "What!? U dont have creds?? Dont u know the exploit that gets u all the creds u need? begger: no.... Me: Go to the Bartender at the BB and select him, then without pressing enter/return first type 'moneyquest', do this a coulpe of times until u have enough"

Incredibly...they all fall for it! As the hit "q" in quest they attack the Bartender...and he rapes them all the way back to the reclaim....

fun fun fun
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Man, that's clever, I gotta try that some time
    WE ARE THE CATALYST OF ALL DESTRUCTION!
    LIFE IS DEATH. DEATH IS LIFE!

MANIFEST YOUR WILL UPON THE TAPESTRY OF CREATION! END IT NOW!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    Malcom "Dilox" Freiman
    62 NT, Nanomage (Read: Hardcore)
    Clan, Atlantean (Dimension 1 in my day you whipper-snappers...)
    3305 Local

Yeah, I told to myself I'd do it too, but only if I am to meet a very annoying beggar. I mean, a *really* annoying one. And if i'm near BB at the moment, cause for nothing in the world would I miss the show
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

The only time I have ever begged was when I lacked 100 Creds for a nano.
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.

By the way, is there anyone who has a list of in-demand items? Ive been trying to sell alot of stuff, but nobody seems to want to buy. I've made a total 5k of selling to players..

Total cash including money spent: 300-400k, and im level 38 :P
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.

I gotta try scamming those beggars. Sounds hilarious. But really, what to mission for? I calm missions, but missions are just too huge sometimes. Gets....boring.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Exclamation !

I agree, dont beg...
    but
    if a lvl 2 engineer or whatever comes to me and ask for say 5k to get started I dont call it begging....just "asking for help" cause we all know how god damn boring it is to get from lowbie land to at least 100+ land dont we?
    If i got creds when someone asks for it i always check he/shes gear and level, If he/she looks well equipped I dont give creds, If he/she is like lvl 50+ i usually dont give creds...
    (Yes i know..."beggars" can unwear armor and so on...)
    Come out with your pants down!

Re: !

Originally posted by Daemonica
    I agree, dont beg...
    but
    if a lvl 2 engineer or whatever comes to me and ask for say 5k to get started I dont call it begging....just "asking for help" cause we all know how god damn boring it is to get from lowbie land to at least 100+ land dont we?
    If i got creds when someone asks for it i always check he/shes gear and level, If he/she looks well equipped I dont give creds, If he/she is like lvl 50+ i usually dont give creds...
    (Yes i know..."beggars" can unwear armor and so on...)
    Your gonna get mugged everyday.

Your pro begger knows this!

I'm not exactly rich but i know what ppl would give money to.

Begger out fit =

Nail armour pants

battered leather sleeve

Weapon you started with.

Level 5-13

and no macro's or tells. (if they know how to do that then they ain't no noob)
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"