Why is it that when you eat or drink anything in the game, it does nothing at all?

One suggestion is that some types of food, or even drinks for that matter, could reduce the effects of ressurection shock. After all you're body was just recreated and your "soul" put back in a cloned copy of yourself you'd think you'd be at least a little thirsty or hungry. As an agent I do a lot of suicide sneak missions for cash and items so I die quite regularly, I would'nt mind going to the local bar drink a few bottles of whiskey and eat a couple bronto burgers if it meant I could reduce or eliminate the ressurection shock waiting period. After dying I could grab something to eat or get somethin to drink and then go back to work.

Another suggestion is that some types of food or drink could give different effects like an increased healing factor, an increased nano regeneration factor, or even an increased %xp bonus for a short period of time. Obviously effects of this nature should have a limit to how often they could be used for balance issues but you get the general idea.