Thread: Pathing the right waywhen following

Pathing the right way when following

AO has always had an on-follow-pathing problem with pets (and also for one player following another, if you are AFK in a mission).

The problem seems to be that the following char/pet trys to follow the leader in a direct path. This is fine in open outdoor areas, but take it inside and you got problems.

If the leader makes a turn around an obstacle (ie. a table, don`t we just loves those), or turns through a doorway, then the follower will try to run trough the object/wall.

Now the right way to do follow pathing, is for the follower to go on the PATH the leader took. This is an indirect route to the leader, but we know this route to be clear,therefore the following char/pet will not get stuck when in follow mode.

I find this to be a very simple solution to follow-pathing, and from programing experience I know this is fairly easy to code.

Well , back to leveling...cya
    Darkian.
    Last edited by Darkian; Aug 17th, 2002 at 01:49:07.

heres an idea

Ive never played a pet class, but why dont they just make it so pets dont follow the laws of nature like mobs? "Hmm, theres a wall in between me and what i want to attack, ill just go through the wall, after all, im a big bad MOB and I dont need to worry about things like matter in my way."