Thread: PVP Questions, from newbie!

PVP Questions, from newbie!

Hi there,
    I'm new to the game and I'm having a blast so far. I was doing my little things (hunting in a deserted place) without bothering anyone else (except org members.. .with all my questions! ).. when I saw a ship fly by me, then turn around and come back. I was in stealth mode, but I doubt I was "invisible" to the person who was in the ship.. It stayed just on top of me for a few long seconds.. then I thought of "conning" him... to see that he was a lvl80 omni (I'm a clanner... so... this would'nt be good right? ). I was'nt thinking about PvP till that moment very first moment (almost forgot it existed)... but fortunately the guy turned around and flew away.. leaving me there, with some "moisturized" spots in my little noobie pants!

What I'd like to know now, are the "basics" of PvP ing. I know that Clanner attacks Omni, Omni attack clanners.. and neutrals are stuck in the middle of all this, but I'd like to know a bit more... Like why did'nt this guy shoot me down? Is there a special level before I can Pk someone? Are you able to pk only peoples that are in your specific level range ? What's that range if so? What's the benefits of PvPing.. other than to feel proud of kicking some of the "other side's" butts!? Are there things that we have to fight for? like control of special places, etc.. ? Can we loot the remains of a foe we've just put down? Do I gain XP from a Pk? ... what do I loose if i get killed?.. I've eared gunshot once in Tir near the woopas, could this be that someone was PvPing in Tir? Are there safe places except going inside for missions?

so many questions! I hope you can awnser or forward me some place where I might find what I'm looking for.

TIA and sorry for the long posts...

Federico "Frosto" Ganzer
    Level 15 Clan Agent

When omnis come through whompas to tir, the guards attack with their noisy rifles, that might be what you heard...also me and a few friends once in a while like to equip noob weapons (Ql 1-10 OT 12s, magical staff of inferno, 1-10 heavy suppressors, banjos, MPS, etc) and 'carry the aggro' from the arena to fair trade...its funny to have a bunch of people trading and getting missions then the eruption of gunshots. It's pretty funny to watch

Anyway the level 80 omni couldn't attack you, below lvl 75 there is a 10 level radius requirement to fight another player (or around that) and you were 65 levels below him. After level 75 though, you can attack or be attacked by players from up to 200. Things get a little tougher after 75

Unfourtunately there really is no specific gains from pvp. The enjoyment i get out of it mostly, is that im fighting another player that uses nonscripted words (mobs have aggro messages) an ability to think and reason (well, most ppl anyway) and a customized character not comparable to a profession mob you'd see in a mission.

Loot rules apply. If the person you killed loses 10% or more exp from when you killed him, you may loot any non-insured items. The way you can prevent from being looted should you die in pvp combat is by using the insurance terminal always before you pvp, insuring any new items you recieved, and keeping exp safe so you don't lose it.

There's also a very unfourtunate loot exploit i heard about in pvp. But I won't mention it. Already contacted support about it anyway.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

thanks!

Thanks Stromm for that great reply!

Now I understand better!

the quote in your signature could be applied to many (if not all) MMORPGs! It's a great quote indeed!

Thanks again. I'll watch my back form now on!

another thing, is that you cant just be killed in any zone..pvp has special zones, of which you wont visit for a loong time..real high lvl mobs, etc..people can only pvp in those zones, 1 area far north of newland, and the arenas of TIR and Omni Ent..so ur pretty safe
    147 Mp Nodamp
    O_O i am king of faces!

Forevah eating forbidden popcorn! @_@
    Directions: go dis way ---->
    den dis way <----
    den dis way <-------> and see if u survive O_o

Heya MikesterG! x_O

Dey tink im funny...dey really do..dey also tink im insane, sick, wierd, and in need of more medicines than i take

Dun worry Guys! I can keel dis Ace easy! *sends Nodie*! o.o...um..guys...u know dat ace enforcer dat ju said not to mess wif?
    yeh, dat one..um...run pweez X_X