Thread: Nuking, debuffing, (negative, spell) on oneself

Nuking, debuffing, (negative, spell) on oneself

Obviously a user interface problem.

Why allow people to cast debuff and damage spells on themselves, but not on team mates?

Why not allow people to shoot/hit themselves also?

Fix this error please because it breaks many aspects of the game!

Here is one un-intended bug you introduced because of this problem.

1.) MA gets rooted.
    2.) MA casts bow-inexperience (any in-experience will do)
    3.) MA no longer rooted.

I guess that special MA root breaking spell is just for role-players right?

Obviously my point has been made.

FIX this bug!

Make it priority 1 becuase its a twofer.

Then some griefer will joins your team, gets bored in mission and ganks you soon after..
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

please do not fix this bug before every single class has another way to break roots

I gather from yr post (sorry if I am wrong) that you are a class with roots that would just love to chainroot melee classes and get easy and 100% safe kills in pvp. Getting chainrooted is bad enough as it is for melee classes atm, if they would 'fix' this bug I don't think you'll find any ma anywhere even near a pvp zone anymore.

If that was not what you meant, remains the fact that ooh what fun for every single class to get rooted in pvm and have no way of breaking the root. (except enforcers if I remember correctly)Guess we'll just have to sit it out then?

Hmm read your post again and you may also mean that you don't want to change the selfdebuf top break roots, but just want to be able to shoot yrself as well. In that case: whatever I see no point in it, but neither any harm
    Last edited by Hayake; Aug 15th, 2002 at 08:14:59.

Well if any class can insta break roots anyway, whats the point of roots? Nice 70s disco effects? Kinda doubt that FC had that in mind when they implemented roots.

If FC could make NR worth the IP, I'm all for fixing the bug (yes its a bug) to break roots with debuffs. Even tho i got resisted sometimes in PvP, mostly by 190+ peeps and not that often, but still.

Rav

hmm...

...i like that i can cast area calm my self.

Besicly, I don't have to target any mob, but if they in the area reange calm hit them too.

Last edited by NOVA; Aug 15th, 2002 at 13:37:32.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Originally posted by Ravenous
    Well if any class can insta break roots anyway, whats the point of roots? Nice 70s disco effects? Kinda doubt that FC had that in mind when they implemented roots.

If FC could make NR worth the IP, I'm all for fixing the bug (yes its a bug) to break roots with debuffs. Even tho i got resisted sometimes in PvP, mostly by 190+ peeps and not that often, but still.

Rav
    Depending on the implementation of nr versus roots I may or may not agree with that. Hard to tell when the system is not even in place yet.

Besides that even if they can come up with a nr related sytem that both root able and melee classes could live with remains the fact that 95% of the game is pvm. Afaik nt's have no way to break roots themselves besides the current bugs, wonder if you would be ok w standing in place in a mission for several minutes when a mob roots you

Originally posted by Ravenous

Kinda doubt that FC had that in mind when they implemented roots.

I agree, but I don't give a rats butt WHAT they had in mind.

What did they have in mind with NPCs who cast 10 minute roots/snares on you right before you die?

Thank god we can break them.
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

By the way, raising Nano-Resist actually hurt you against roots at the moment.. having low PM/SI (the "attack" skills for incompetences) I have a 90% chance to resist the nano.. so.. heh.. if I'm rooted, I'm screwed.
    ~Chris

Re: Nuking, debuffing, (negative, spell) on oneself

Originally posted by PleaseNo!
    Obviously a user interface problem.

Why allow people to cast debuff and damage spells on themselves, but not on team mates?

Why not allow people to shoot/hit themselves also?

Fix this error please because it breaks many aspects of the game!

Here is one un-intended bug you introduced because of this problem.

1.) MA gets rooted.
    2.) MA casts bow-inexperience (any in-experience will do)
    3.) MA no longer rooted.

I guess that special MA root breaking spell is just for role-players right?

Obviously my point has been made.

FIX this bug!

Make it priority 1 becuase its a twofer.
    well i do agree... but if they fix this.. then they should also fix the root problem.. the root should break after 1 shot..

not like it is now.. when u can root a MA til hes dead with a ql5 root...
    Znails