Thread: Late Game - BORING

Late Game - BORING

The later game, past 100, the game gets really boring. I mean really boring... I haven't done anything in weeks, I think I level'd twice... I have the best things I can get on( almost... due to stat limitations), my attack rating just max'd till 150, I'm running good nano's and I have all my best weapons, only one thing missing( GA of course, fixer specific, but lets say I was NT or ENF or MA etc, dare I say Engineer).
    And I have to ask, what do you do after this point? I mean, you can level more? You can get more ip to play with? More HP/Nano?
    A better title bar? PVP?
    All these don't really justify spending more time doing the same missions, over and over and over again. There is no outdoor content, and little coming, unles 14.5 is drastic as 14.2 & 14.4. But with the "BOOSTER PACK" announcement, I see really no reason to continue playing.

PVP? Yeah it is fun but it's all about throwing as many specials out as you can and getting criticals. Even then, the system is still broken imho, and I think many others think so also.

I have 2 weeks left to decide, I'll just level and see what happens, but like most... I've become a whiner, and I think I can justify this because 1st: lack of content 2nd: promises keep getting broken 3rd: shadowlands delayed(last straw...) 4th: pvp broken 5th: bad implementation of new content 6th: bugz, ever since launch...

Oh and Camelot is laggy and kinda stupid, I mean 1 entrance determines this freaking place... and Omni never tries... I mean put some effort into it. I used to be omni and went clan because of this... lack of "cojones"

See you at reclaim. 75-200 pvp gap, kinda unfair
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

SWG and alot of other games are still months away. You might see if FC's boosters are worth a damn. Game after 150+ is pretty much pvp mixed with some team missions. Hopefully there will be new areas and items added. Until then its your choice

lol, i can't believe this - everyone thinks SWG is going to be so great...it reminds me of another game.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

no lvl 1-100 sux..
    lvl 125-150 is fun like hell

Originally posted by Stromm
    lol, i can't believe this - everyone thinks SWG is going to be so great...it reminds me of another game.
    No stromy, SWG is gonna have alot of customers. (star wars fanbois) Alot of customers means dollars driving the game. Where FC has fewer and fewer customers.....

AO's launch was like this too, lots of people, thats why they split the dimensions and it became one rotten half of a sandwich and one fresh half of a sandwich.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."

AO's launch was like this too, lots of people, thats why they split the dimensions and it became one rotten half of a sandwich and one fresh half of a sandwich.
    One rotten half of a sandwich that people grew tired of eating, with people quiting as the weeks roll by. And the other half but a couple dozen people eating. And now a german piece for the germans to munch on. WAIT! dont forget the new patches you have to pay for *er booster packs*.

lol, well actually by the 'sandwich' i meant the two dimensions.

RK-1 is the rotten half. From what i've seen anyway, maybe im just venting but more good people seem to be on RK-2.

Originally posted by Evan "Zenoman" Laurence

One rotten half of a sandwich that people grew tired of eating, with people quiting as the weeks roll by. And the other half but a couple dozen people eating. And now a german piece for the germans to munch on. WAIT! dont forget the new patches you have to pay for *er booster packs*.
    P.S. Verant has several words and euphemisms for 'booster pack':

Kunark

Velious

Luclin

Expansion

Planes of Power

Legends

Scam

Quests

Equipment

Everquest 2 (people didnt play for 3 years to quit EQ and start over in "EQ 2")

I see your points, I just find that playing another game won't be fun, and that now, I'm really god damn bored with the game. I mean there's nothing to do.... nothing.
    I like the EQ euphemism's of 'booster packs' and that's one reason I warn anybody from playing that game.
    Anyways, I'll probably end up in Planetside simply because I love shooters and that one might be the pickup and play to make a difference type of game AO should've been. Sure AO, you gain levels etc and can be more of an impact, but now... not when there's tons of 150+
    Anyways, there's a post on the fixer board where there's a log of irc about some ppl... I found that amusing.
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

Have you done the quest or static dungs ?

Originally posted by wotcha
    Have you done the quest or static dungs ?
    He means the 1 quest in the game. Shoulder pads (you can actually do them now, though there are better objects to place on your shoulders), or camping tara (wow, 500 people in one playfield LAG), or a dozen other unique mobs that are camped to hell. PVP is the only thing for the higher lvls... and even that is crap at times.

P.S. Verant has several words and euphemisms for 'booster pack':

Kunark

Velious

Luclin

Expansion

Planes of Power

Legends

Scam

Quests

Equipment
    FC's booster packs = Patches 14.6-whatever

Booster pack (patch), more money to keep game afloat

Booster pack (next patch), more money to keep game afloat

Booster pack (next patch), more money to keep game afloat

Shadowlands (actual expansion), company broke summer of 2003

Originally posted by Tolbat
    no lvl 1-100 sux..
    lvl 125-150 is fun like hell

No level 1-125 rules.. level 125-200 "sux"
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Megabio

No level 1-125 rules.. level 125-200 "sux"
    ~Chris
    Nooo, 1-125 OWNS, you don't need 15m+ to lvl and you can get atleast 20-10 lvls all in 1 mission

agreed with above. More content needed for 100+, more outdoor hunting. This is filler for a lot of peeps until SWG or AC2 or somesuch comes out.

Angry Nay I say!

Originally posted by wotcha
    agreed with above. More content needed for 100+, more outdoor hunting. This is filler for a lot of peeps until SWG or AC2 or somesuch comes out.
    If you get bored and are sick of waiting for SWG, you can play http://www.tokyopia.com/reviews.asp?reviewsid=22, a great new game! It's only single-person at the moment but at least you can save yourself from the flame-fest that makes up these forums. I wonder when they're going to bust out the MMORPG version!

From what I understand the SWG Beta testers are bashing the hell out of it.. I hear it sucks horribly. I don't doubt it, their screenshots are doctored.
    Gazi "Mottom" - Master 5th Dan

"It is a wise man that sits and watches but only a fool rushes in wildly." -Dai-Galean

"It take many nails to build crib, but one screw to fill it. " -Confucious

"The gaming community has put up with this turd in our swimming pool for WAY TO long.." -Notintheface

I want a game where I have a viable substitute to having fun, WITHOUT having to pick up a gun.

I thought this was going to be it. Well, well, perhaps Neocron can do that.

I don't feel like being a murderer of mobs should be my only option to progress.
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

EQ has 100k playerbase

its been running 3+ years - every game store on the planet carries all the versions of the game - ebay accounts sell for uber $$

Id say EQ is slightly more sucessful than AO.