Thread: www.antiguardians.org founder and designer has left the game.

www.antiguardians.org founder and designer has left the game.

I dont know what to say. This is one of the best sites I have ever run across, that was dedecated to a game. Thank you

Quote from wwwantiguardians.org:

Aug. 9

Good bye, farewell.. it's come time for me to leave AO. My account expired today and I chose not to renew it anymore. The reasons for this are many.. but it's mostly because the game just isn't fun anymore, the content at high level is non-existant.. there is nothing left to do.

Friends made me stay in the game this long, even though I mostly faded away already during the last month.. logging on only once a week, if even that. I cancelled my account back in the end of May.. with over 2 months time left on it. I told myself that before it expires, Funcom will have fixed the game (at least somewhat), given us something to do, and changed some of their policies.. but alas, nothing positive has happened. The last static dungeon opened half a year ago. So.. it's come time for me to leave. I might be back when they've done something to the game.. maybe even next patch, if FC gets their act together.

Many of you wonder what will happen to this website.. and that is something I myself don't know about yet. It'll probably stay online, but if I don't / can't play at all I won't be very motivated to make any updates here. If it causes too much trouble I might have to put it offline.. that's quite unlikely, though.

++ Auno -- <auno@auno.org>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Aug. 12

I've received quite a bit of mail from all of you in the few days after leaving AO. All of the feedback has been positive.. thank you :-). Some people, however, were worried that I was going to pull the site offline right now, that's not the case though, it'll stay online most likely for quite a bit, the updates will just be slower.. and I doubt I will make any new tools if I don't return to the game.

And yes, I intend to return to the game at some point, I really wanted to like it, it's just that at the moment the state of the game is so depressing that I decided that quitting for a while is the best choice.

Some people were also interested in donating money in return for using the site, and I found out that PayPal nowadays works outside the USA too, so I added a small 'donate' button in the end of the page. I want to make it clear, though, that donations should be really donations, that is, sending money out of your free will, not in exchange for anything. I do not want to make this website a subscription-only one, even though that, too, has been suggested to me more than once. So, donating does not mean you'll get more features, the site will stay online longer, or anything that, it's just there so people who so wish to, can donate.

++ Auno

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Once again, thks for your time and help in Anarchy-Online.
    Omni Trader on RK2

Unhappy hmmm

Auno and Gravy are gone.

Im wondering whos next. Im gonna start a bookey service, where u can bet on whos going to leave/get banned next. Could be a real money-maker :/

Good lord.

AO would be damn near unplayable without Auno's item database!
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

Thx for all Auno, hope to see you back on the boards if the booster/expansion/update/paypatch or whatever is gonna hit is to your liking
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

i agree, Thk you - auno.
    Omni Trader on RK2

Bump for Auno
    RETIRED

dump
    Omni Trader on RK2

We gonna miss joo!

Awww, no more sweet item DB. Oh well. I'm sure someone'll try and copy it anyways. See yas around! Hope to see you back.

/terminate
    Airline Attendant, "Please get on the plane."
    Hisashi, "Up yours, I'm getting IN the plane."
    Airlane Attendant, "Please put on your seatbelt. To do this, please place the small metal flap into the buckle."
    Hisashi, "Do I place the small metal flap into the buckle, or can I place the buckle over and around the small metal flap."

Seatbelt - Hi-Tech Stuff. ^^