Thread: Im bored of missions, what else is there to do ?

Im bored of missions, what else is there to do ?

Give me something to do Funcom, im bored silly of doing missions.

Finish the outdoor zones, at the moment all apart from a few areas spawn mobs seemingly by using a random generator.

Wheres the stories, life and soul in these zones, why are most towns and encampments empty or just have 6-12 randomly generated mobs iceskating around a set area inside? Have a designer spend some time on each exiting zone, putting mobs in logical places, vultures on cliffs, bandits in the camps, wolves in woods, gofles/cats on plains. Have NPCs at encampments that might give an indication of what the areas are (i.e. hermits at the isolated shacks in Holes in the Walls). Explain why clan knights can set up a castle within spitting distance of Omni. Have some guards and construction worker NPCs in the new base in Artery Valley, and have the guards explain that the area is infested with Oozelurkers and the like and must be cleared. Have clan and omni NPCs fight it out between Camelot and the shielded Omni Base in Avalon. Do this for _every zone. Randomly generated mobs *do not* make for an immersive and believable MMOG world.

Put some real dungeons in, like EQs. Lots of them. Make them so they arent camped 24/7 by bored high levels.

Prioritise it. I havent played in a month now, and this is my 3rd resubscription, i just dont want to do missions anymore and the alternatives are limited in the extreme, i dont see much on the horizon, and even the Booster/Shadowlands teasers havent mentioned if anything to do other than missions will be added in.

The way the game is now, i wont last till the booster let alone Shadowlands.

and on a different note, have the run animation override the ready to attack animation on mobs in fights. Stop them iceskating, it looks ridiculous, and has looked ridiculous since release.

14.5 is adding outdoor hunting grounds... hopefully that will help some

Yes, i saw that, but unfortunantly to date adding to outdoor areas has seen the designers define a square area, and have the server spawn x amount of y mobs (and in Andromeda, 1 randomly named boss) and then had them patrol in that area in a random manner.

Any of us who've played other mmogs and rpg's knows monster area's can be done so much better.

A boss in the centre, with mobs guarding him, outer guards and more mobs patrolling round the edges, that would mean we could use a little bit of strategy and tactics in breaking a spawn.

cool deal... that is a good suggestion of how funcom should add mob spawns. Those of us that haven't played many different games don't know how other games do it. So I'm glad you clarified

and to boot, it's a goo suggestion!