Thread: Thanks for the booster

Thanks for the booster

Thanks for the booster, Funcom. It's something we've long waited for (land Control). It will help us feel like we have an impact on Rubi-Ka! Not everyone (like some of the flaming posts below) hate the idea of a booster. It makes sense if there are large enough programming changes to require very large downloads to create a booster. I'm glad you are not having us wait til the expansion to add the ability to control land.

If anyone is so up in arms about paying for the booster, the best part is YOU DON'T HAVE TO. It will not be required to play the game. It will just add more options for those of us that do. From what I gather in the News article.

I hope you keep making the game better with each patch, booster, and expansion. I have talked to many people in game that are very much excited about the booster. So I am beginning to think that people only post on these message boards to complain. So I wanted to post and thank you for adding content that we have asked for.

It's very easy to release "optional stuffs" then turning the game in a way the player will be screwed if he didn't acquiered the so optional things.

In this case they are not adding whole new extensions, they just sold you a 3 wheels car and now they are trying to sell you the 4th one.

You got that right lauraeline,
    this thread sums it up good. In particular those posts that I added.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=44047

Just be happy they don't go back to the mmog roots, of charging per hour, so long as revenue from these so called "boosters" fund further changes to ao, and DO NOT go towards development of (phbbt) Midgard.

Those who dont buy the booster will still be able to fight over towers and receive the benefits, but they wont be able to build their own and wont see any nifty new graphics either.

This is not a 3 wheeled car, it has four wheels, as it seems, the booster will be like a brand new stereo, and you can listen to the music even if you dont buy the booster, but you cant change the channels.
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.
    ---------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Joramon
    Those who dont buy the booster will still be able to fight over towers and receive the benefits, but they wont be able to build their own and wont see any nifty new graphics either.

This is not a 3 wheeled car, it has four wheels, as it seems, the booster will be like a brand new stereo, and you can listen to the music even if you dont buy the booster, but you cant change the channels.
    Nice analogy