Thread: I just want to say "Man,I hate 2holes"

I just want to say "Man,I hate 2holes"

Ever whompa into 2holes in a plane and head for the grid? If the lag is too bad or you misjudge you distance to the grid, your grace period ends. You are then engaged by our favorite players, the grid campers.

Twice in 2 days it was the same person. Found out he was 80 levels above me.

Whose fault, mine. I could have used another route. I just enjoy knowing that there are poeple who just log on to annoy other players.

It takes a real competitive spirit to attack someone 80 levels below you who is defenseless in his plane.

Yesterday, I tried my luck again. This was awesome!

As you know, when you exit the whompa from 4holes, you need to elevate over the wall, but ususally you just fly into it because you are lagging.

Well, I was trying to elevate over this wall, my active cursor sliding up the screen as I attempted in vain to control my plane. It found its way over my inventory and selected a backpack. Since I was in a hurry, I just headed to the grid. When I clicked on the grid I got this message- "Item has been dropped". I gridded, then realized that the backpack, inadvertantly selected and not replaced, had been left at 2holes.

Which backpack I wondered? Oh, no big deal just the one with my ql 200 helmet, ql 194 cloak, ql154 tank armor, etc, etc, etc. Just millions of dollars spent on this stuff.

Gridded back to look for the backpack. Tried this 10 times, looked everywhere. Gone, poof. What a way to begin a evenings entertainment.

Anyway, this is not a rant or a flame. All this happened about three days ago. It is just that everytime I select a mission and see one in that area, I think, "Man, I hate that place".

My posts are usually funnier, sorry. But my sense of inner peace could not quell this nagging aggravation and only a cathartic post could bring this issue to closure.
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

Here's a tip.

If you don't want to risk being ganked in 2ho....

Fly down to the docks and take the ferry to Stret West.
    Nobody ever hangs out there and there's no Omni guards nearby so it's relatively save for both factions.

From the Stret West ferry, its a short jaunt to Last ditch.

You cant really blame the people who PvP in 2ho.
    If you tab target a hostile, you don't usually have time to send that person a tell asking if they are just passing through or if they are there to PvP.

What are you talking about?

A grey in a plane is obvious, right. You cannot fight in a plane and someone 80 levels above you should be able to kill you before you deplane to fight.

Where is you head?

To say you can't tell is a load of crap!

Oh yeah, I could be deplaning as I whompa, but 80 levels is a huge difference.

I am not complaining about being attacked, but to justify this as you did is absolute griefing crap.

Are you a camper yourself is what I wonder.

The problem is........ theres just too many skilless freaks who got ganked in other multiplayer games. Games like counter strike, quake, and UT have generated quite a lot of player hate, from the skilless por bastards who.... just dont have skills to compete with the natually talented, to those who got the real skillz.

So now, most of them see this as a way to get revenge, because this game is mostly about how much free time you got on your hands to level your character and get very unbalancing equipments. So now, those skilless kids who got beat by veterans in other games are taking out their hate by leveling like crazy, playing for week swithout sleep, just to get to that level 180+, so that they can fight another person who is 100 levels lower, who have done nothing to the freak, and know that they will win 100%, because this game is about time spent, not skillz.

I know how it feels, I've been ganked by 180 peeps too, whats so sad is that some of them are so skilless are fearful of the lower levelers, that they even bring a doc with them. ( yep, ganked by a clan enforcer level 185 who had a level 180 doc with him, when i was only level 80, running to a mission )

Are you a camper yourself is what I wonder.

One of my characters has a title.... Freshman.
    I don't do a lot of PvP but I know how to avoid getting ganked.

I know how the people who PvP in 2ho think.
    Like the level 199 Clan doc who ganked my level 75 guilmate, twice.... who was just trying to get to a mission.

A grey in a plane is obvious, right. You cannot fight in a plane and someone 80 levels above you should be able to kill you before you deplane to fight.

A lot of times, if you stop to check if a grey is level 125 or level 75 or if they are in a plane or not, you have a good chance of ending up at reclaim.
    If that 125 is a trader who just zoned in, you're probably toast.

Think before you post.

If you can't kill a grey (defined as "not powerful enough to present a challenge and only nominal.....") who is also in a plane, then there may still be some issues with profession balancing.

That is, unless your character has all his ip in tradeskills and hopes to kill people by changing them into plasma or by making some type of grotesque ring out of them.

Actually, the online manual defines "white" as not powerful enough to present a challenge and only nominal xp will be awarded.

A "grey" is defined as "no reliable information about the target is known".

Has anyone ever seen a monster such as this?

Getting ganked by a PvP'r 80 lvls above you does suck.

But it is part of the game. If you don't like the area, just get a mission somewhere else.

I have been attacked by many people there while doing missions in 2HO. Near death experiences trying to access the grid, didn't know that you can't use it while being attacked. Good thing I sped away in my plane to the whompa

It does add a little excitement though
    Main Khaitlene - Omni Keeper - RK1
    Khaitlsmule - Omni Engie - RK1
    Galaxia - Retired NT - RIP

Proud Member of the Obsidian Order. We're recruiting!

Originally posted by Hobbes
    A "grey" is defined as "no reliable information about the target is known".

Has anyone ever seen a monster such as this?
    You can see this when you select a team mate who's out of range.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Here's some more closure for you: why did you ever take a mission in 2ho anyway? It's possible to get missions from QL 1-200 that don't leave Omni-Ent, -Trade, 20k, or Eye camp. I assume the same holds for Clan.

you CAN get a mission in safe places, but think about it, thats two different searches that have to match up, the item you're looking for, and the area you want to find it in... you could be there for years
    Level 220 16 Philip "Phil" Proteus, Engineer Equipment

You guys have lost the point of the post.

From the original:

"Anyway, this is not a rant or a flame. All this happened about three days ago. It is just that everytime I select a mission and see one in that area, I think, "Man, I hate that place".

My posts are usually funnier, sorry. But my sense of inner peace could not quell this nagging aggravation and only a cathartic post could bring this issue to closure."

I just hate that place. I never take missions there, but it is the fastest way back from 20k. So I am well aware of the risk and willing to take the consequences. I could just grid from Harrys and be totally safe.

The only offense I have taken in this post is that Miir made excuses for the gankers, like it was some mistake in identity.

"Gee, wonder what that grey in his plane is going to do. I targeted him as he came over the wall from the whompa and headed straight for the grid, where he has now pulled to a halt. Hmmm, what could he be up to? Gee, when I hit "t" he is 87 levels below me, still he could be a threat."

Cmon, lets call it what it is, griefing crap. If the plane and the grey color are not enough to clue you in, look at the context.

Miir may be totally sincere in is belief, but I don't think it, at all, reflects the norm when it comes to ganking and I don't think people need to defend these ganking losers anyway.

The real motivation for the initail post was not the ganking, but rather the loss of a backpack containing millions of dollars worth of armour.

Just seems like nothing good comes out of that place for me, that is all I wanted to say.
    Last edited by hobbes; Aug 6th, 2002 at 19:12:09.

I hate 2HO as well.

But it's got this shop that's so easy to get to (if there aren't any groups camping the whompa/grid). So I occasionally take the risk and go.

And people should be immune to attacks while in a vehicle.

I hate grid/whompa campers.

The only offense I have taken in this post is that Miir made excuses for the gankers, like it was some mistake in identity.

LOL, I wasn't defending them at all.

I just understand what goes through your mind when you PvP in 2ho. If you have ever taken part in high level PvP, you'd understand.

A grey does not mean an easy kill.
    A level 125-130 trader can beat my doc quite handily if they land the first root/divest.

If I target a grey, I don't usually have the time to check if they are a level 75 Engineer or a level 130 Trader/Meta/NT.... or if they are in a yalmaha or not.

Regardless.... you'll save yourself a lot of trouble if you expect to get ganked when flying into places like 2ho or MMD.

If I'm not PvPing, I avoid those places altogether.... simple as that.

And people should be immune to attacks while in a vehicle.

Too easily exploitable.

lol

At least these places provide a challenge where if you wanted to test your mettle against other players besides mobs, it is a good place to visit. You'll always get some kind of 'action'

It is hard to determine if anyone is in a plane or not if you are tabbing for 'enemies'.
    Main Khaitlene - Omni Keeper - RK1
    Khaitlsmule - Omni Engie - RK1
    Galaxia - Retired NT - RIP

Proud Member of the Obsidian Order. We're recruiting!

If you need to sell your loots in a omni shop, try the ones in Omni-Ent SE from the Arena... No Guard, and it's not far from grid either, plus far less lag

I got nailed in my Yalm at 2ho. It went like this: root, fall, bash with iron beam, reclaim. I hate the place too but, as others have said, it's part of the game.

Now read this.

Seeing as there's nothing nice about killing another person, why the rediculous notion of honor and fair play exists is beyond me. You're killing someone. When did fairness become associated with that act?

Stop crying about being ganked. Go play checkers instead.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Zylina

Stop crying about being ganked. Go play checkers instead.

Originally posted by Hobbes:

"Anyway, this is not a rant or a flame. All this happened about three days ago. It is just that everytime I select a mission and see one in that area, I think, "Man, I hate that place".

I am not complaining about being attacked....

You guys have lost the point of the post.
    The real motivation for the initail post was not the ganking, but rather the loss of a backpack containing millions of dollars worth of armour.

Just seems like nothing good comes out of that place for me, that is all I wanted to say."

There, the readers digest version for you, Zylina. I didn't want you to take the time to actually read the thread before you mindlessly spread your animosity.

Your attitude is just precious, and we all appreciate it. BTW, which grid do you camp?
    Last edited by hobbes; Aug 8th, 2002 at 23:46:56.

I just don't see the point of going to 2HO other than pvping... if you want to pvp and go to 2HO, there shouldn't be anything that'd upset you (since you choose to go aginst others). On the other hand, if you need to sell those loots in an omni store, just do it in Omni Ent.

I actually like to do this circuit as a clan.

Aegean get mission for Pleasant Meadows:

Travel to athens west--grid to Harrys--travel east to pleasant meadows-- and if I have done it right I have 3 missions right next to or in 20k. Store character.

20k get mission for Aegean:

Whompa from 20k to 4 holes--take a few hits from the guards as I whompa to 2holes-- grid from 2holes to Athens west--travel on to Aegean

So this is how 2 holes enters my world. A brief transit from whompa to grid, usually within grace period, but sometimes lag will leave me exposed.

Now that is my risk and I fully accept being ganked. My fault totally. For an additional 30 seconds of travel time I could fly back to Harrys and grid to west athens.

But again, this thread has never been a rant about being ganked as I know how to avoid it, but that being said, I have no respect for those who do this. Two different and discrete issues.

If I were at Trinity face cave exiting a mission and an omni happened to be passing by, I would insist that they attack me, as I am an enemy in enemy territory. That is war. It does not matter whether I am level 10 and he is 100, he must attack me, this is not ganking. This is wrong place at the wrong time for me. That is what makes these missions a little exciting.

I think "ganking" comes in at the grid where people sit to cherry pick due to the high volume of players. Most ganked are in a vehicle and really stand no chance to fight back.

Anyway, I am even boring myself at this point.
    Last edited by hobbes; Aug 9th, 2002 at 21:12:19.