Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Community answers - part 5

Shadowlands info...

Cz-
    I know you have a ton of things on your list, but could you possibly find out when we can expect more info on Shadowlands? Nothing new has been posted in quite awhile, and we're getting closer to release (I hope ). Tell them to throw up more teasers on the link off the main page... particularly about, say, profession specialization (HINT!). This kind of info could be worth a LOT of COOKIES to you! Ice cream too!

Thanks in advance,
    Tieh
    Tieh, Opifex MA
    Kromatik, Nano 'Crat
    Nchanter, Solitus NT

fo'getaboutit

Re: Cz, I think you are missing the point on nanocost

Originally posted by Corianin
    The fact that damage (and this includes damage from nanos) is halved while we still pay full cost compared to healing which works at full effect (at full cost) is what is seen as unfair.

I support a 50% effect of healing as well (and maybe 50% cost to offset the already existing unbalance between cost and effect on damage nanos)

Think about it once more. There are 3 profs that use heals in pvp Doc, MA and Adv (Traders dont count anymore).

If heals where only to have 50 % effect in PVP it would destroy the advent prof. Why? Cause we dont have any offensive nanos.

At higher lvls all profs have the IP to raise weapons skill to a good lvl. You see casting profs using rifles and assualt rifles very well. It does not matter if you fight a doc or a advent using assault rifles, they will do about the same dmg. Even soldiers complain about this, we can all use their guns fairly well.

If heals where 50 % effective :

A Doc would do ok, has a massive init debuff and CH would still be a very powerfull heal.

A MA would struggle more than a Doc, but today a MA is not dependend on his heals to win. He got by far the best critt buffs in game.

An Advent, would be destroyed. Our CH has someting like 16 sec cast time, useless in PVP. We can not debuff, root or uber self buff. We have to heal while taking dmg. We do about the same dmg as any other prof.

So you see, changing heals in PVP would effect advents much more than the Doc or MA. And I have a feeling that ppl want to change heal so they can win a fight vs a Doc or Ma. A heal change wont help you.

Re: Update

Originally posted by Cz
    I doubt there's much more happening on the range issue. We have guns coming into the game with more firepower and shorter range, but few notice, as they are used indoors anyway.
    Thats what I mean, lets face it, you've given the NT the capability of self buffing certain formulas over 70m yet under the current system its useless. Waaaay back when this issue was the NTs form of defence, range always has been as of the NTs lack of a pet to hide behind, lack of any form of healing, and lack of decent evades and low hp. Many of us accept these things since our range was the only true defence we needed...we got hit, we died, it was that simple. So we used it best we could to be evasive sods. When it went this caused problems, and yes people hitting for 120m was totally wrong and needed fixing. So it was that you halfed the NTs range, and also in the same thing instance forgot about the lack of a defence to balance this.

I know we have no chance of ever getting ranged restored, but the ideas on how to give us a similar system which would again allow us a chance to survive are on the boards, in the idea of short range teleports (even random ones). This fits your 40m box, and it also gives us something which although the range has gone, allows us to evade being hit as we accept (thinks of the image of an NT randomly beaming themselves off a cliff and oops...splat hehe).

Indoors is a pain, to be totally honest many people I know can't stand it. But we go where the XP is Its great when you get a chance to go for a wonder in the wilds *runs off to mort to be chased around by some anuns*.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

The long, long standing rumor was that the original programmers and designers left before launch (some long before) and that the people that took it live were using inherited code (hence the problems fixing bugs). I remember that being talked about even before launch, so this would be a good chance for you to debunk it.

A lot of people assume that Shadowlands is the game that the current programmers/designers would have created in the first place if they had been around.

Scorus

Lightbulb New thread... closing this one.

The Community answers continue with part 6.

Just wanting to kill off the rumor you have there, Scorus. None of the designers or coders left before launch. The only one of the known names, I believe, who's not around anymore is Martin Amor, who left Funcom before Christmas 2001 to start his own company with a couple of friends in Denmark.

So... the people working on Shadowlands and all this other stuff is pretty much the same guys that were here through the whole beta.

Tieh, all I can say is that it will come in due time.

Nyadach, yes, some formulas will have 70m range with the buffs, others will get to about 40m, and thus benefit from the range increasing formulas.

---

Ok, heading off to that other thread now.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456