Thread: PVP Server is much needed!

PVP Server is much needed!

Pvp server is much needed for many reasons that have been stated in other threads listed on this server. Most of all it will bring more people into the game. Dark Ages of Camelots biggest servers are all PVP and they outnumber other servers by having nearly two to three times the players involved. I think the same thing would happen here at AO. With a PVP server we would see more people get back into the game to get involved in something new. All thats really necessary is to remove the gas in places other than the main citys. Also to make some changes in certain character classes. One is the Trader debuff and the make Fixer/agents/NT roots actually stick. Obviously there would be other things neccessary to change as well to make it successful but I think thats the key word, successful. This type of server could revitalize AO more than anything even the expansion. Follow the other communitys of MMORPGS and bring your players a PVP server.

Barbbs 151st Fixer (Who is appallingly pitiful at PVP)

LAST thing anyone needs is to spread PVP'ers out more.
    We dont need a pvp server. We need RK1 and RK2 merged into one server, so 2ho looks like a Quake DM game. Which would be freakin fun.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Ack no merger please!

Merging would be a horrible idea overall. Think of how bad Tir and Broken Shores lag now with the servers as they stand! Last thing we need is to combine the two, then all we would have is game like it was way back in june of last year. Can we say static on so many levels no moving and infuriating. I am a very non violent person but that made me want to throttle someone. Imagine zoning into 2h0 and finding yourself lag dead because it took you longer than 15secs to zone in. Then think of all the people who would just leave the game all together because they lost their own realm. Then you get an idea of what it would be like. I still say a PVP server would be the best idea. If Funcom wants to let players switch from RK1 to RK2 or vice versa of their own free wills so be it. I say more power to them, I might even do it myself to get a taste of a story line if Funcom doesnt put one in RK2 soon. (See my post under the storyline thread for more info on a protest being held August 3, 2002 at 12:00pm in Reet Retreat in Last Ditch.)

Barbbs 151st Old School Fixer

Pardon? PvP server? Do you call the stuff in AO PvP? Eh? Try UO, there is PvP, but not here. This system is totally ridiculous. Who is the first to press 1,2,3 and do ultra damn uber hit, wins. ROFLMAO.

I'll place my agreement with others here, there are not enough PvPers to have a seperate server for it. There is more of a need to make it worth while to PvP in the first place (and I don't mean TITLES!).

We needs things to fight over other then "Big T".

well...as said before dun really need a pvp server...you would have to run around for days before you find anything worth killin... i would rather see the lower the gass to 25% in more zones and maybe do something about the pvp gab 75-200 (thats just the worst idea i ever seen) we are at war remember?...i really hate to see all those clanners run around in my "own backyard" and not able to shot the phucker
    anyway...just my oppinion

/Frost

*edit*
    a little side note, to avoid twinks to hunt newbs just post some more guards...
    *edit*
    Last edited by Frost; Jul 31st, 2002 at 16:12:13.
    Filthgrinder, Soldier Of Legion[size=0.1]
    <<<¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤(O)¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤>>>[/size]
    Do you belive?
    Which Personality Disorder Do I Have?
    My type is: KAE.
    Killer 93% - Achiever 66% - Explorer 26% - Socializer 13%
    <<<¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤(O)¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤>>>

Account Created : 2001-06-27 13:42:4

Merge the two servers, there is hardly anyone on RK2 anyway. Make many more 25% zones. Want to PvP?

1. Check MMD
    2. Check 2H0
    3. Check Tir Arena
    4. Check Omni Arena (yuck)

Thats it

Nobody goes to the PvP zones there are NOW. Who fights in Mort nowadays, as opposed to when it was 75 percent? Been to Aces lately? There is never anyone there.

I'll just repeat my thoughts on this I made in another thread.

A pvp server, meaning a server with majority of 25% zones, would work in my opinion if it were a RP server primarly. Having the ability to defend Omni-1 from clans attacking guards, or West Athens from a Omni strike would be fantastic. With a RP focus that is perfectly understandable and thrilling. With a PVP focus, you get a large majority of people coming to just kill whatever moves, like playing quake....and last I checked, this is not that kind of game.

merging the severs - bad..again just my opinion...but I am for seperate severs to balance the population...I would prefer RK 1 and a RP server...but that's just me

PVP areas....(that I have found)

2HO
    4Holes
    Broken Shores
    Mort
    MMD
    Southern Foul Plains
    Deeper Artery Valley
    Tir Arena
    Omni Ent Arena
    and more in the artery area

True some are not being used as much...but nothing is stopping that except players not wanting to take the trip.

my 2 cents anyway
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

Merge and make more 25% zones!
    Euphorie 200 Trader RK1
    DrAlban 130+ Doctor RK1

Don't merge the servers, just make transfering characters between each one feasible. That would have it's own unique problems though with unique mobs and the current spawn timers...

Wasn't that something they promised a while back anyway?

Bah, I hate RK1 and the lag. Just make more people interested in PvP. Such as a cargo train moving from Tir to West Athen that Omni's can attack, and Clans have to defend or they lose something, such as the surgery clinics stop working in clan controlled areas for a short amount of time, or prices in shops increase dramatically, or something. etc, etc, etc..

There has to be more to PvP then PvP for it's own sake, and the sake of titles. It's fun, but if enough people aren't interested in it, it gets boring quickly.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Originally posted by Obergeist

There has to be more to PvP then PvP for it's own sake, and the sake of titles. It's fun, but if enough people aren't interested in it, it gets boring quickly.
    Hell I find dueling boring NOW. I'm a solider. I would get owned by DOCs, traders, and I would never get a "win" over a fixer unless you define "win" as in "I made him grid"

I have stopped PvPing until there is a reason to do it. Dueling is lame and "jumping" lower level clanners knowing there is no reward what-so-ever makes it even worse.

I'm with ya Ober!

How to fix PvP!

#1. First and foremost, fix the level restrictions for PvP. In the early days, sure there may not have been many high level players, but that has certainly changed now.

#2. The reward system needs to be fixed and can only be fixed after the level restrictions are fixed. Currently, you get a "title" after so many kills or what not. Big whoop. They used to tease Freshman in high school, like I wanna be one now. Kills in PvP should result in IP points but only if the victim is higher level than yourself. The resulting IP points should not be enough to raise a skill after a single kill, but enough to make people want to PvP.

#3. Areas to PvP in. In Ent, if you engage into a fight with someone and they leave the arena and you chase them out of the arena, you can fight them anywhere in the zone. In EFP (Eastern Foul Plains), there's areas where the supression gas "flickers" from 75% to 25% and back if you're going in the right direction. MMD's grid pop is 10 feet from a 25% zone, yet you pop in a 75% zone. In SFP (Southern Foul Plains), there's an area called Klatran in which there is an outpost surrounded by a pool of green (radioactive?) liquid. Within the pool, it is 25%. Outside, it is 75%. Huh?? Any zone with any shred of 25% or 0% gas should have no other kind of gas anywhere in the zone. The zones should not have reclaim, save, or bank terminals anywhere within them. There should also be no exits spare the zone lines (in other words, once you pop into a 25% zone, the closest exit is the closest zone line). Nerf the supression gas p00ns.

#4. Profession balancing? Now there's a can of worms not even worth opening.
    Last edited by Naraya; Jul 31st, 2002 at 23:18:59.
    .: Naraya :.