Thread: Armor vs. clothes.

Armor vs. clothes.

It would be nice if you equiped armor like you equip implants, and then you could have clothes on top of that (equiped in a different window). That would make the variety of looks much higher than today. Everyone looks the same, and that is really boring.

Bump to support.
    Zizayu
    Master 10th Dan
    Mayhem

Thats a great idea that I for one would like to see implemented, but I think the PvP crowd would object, they like to be able to see what armour their opponent is wearing so they know what ACs they have as a weakness..

Of course things like armour coats went a long way to "breaking" this anyway, so its not much of a point any more.
    C.M.O.T. Raymote - Loyal (They pay better) OmniTek Trader
    Omni-ECPCS

Rimmer: After intensive investigation, comma, of the markings on the alien pod, comma, it has become clear, comma, to me, comma, that we are dealing, comma, with a species of awesome intellect, colon.
    Holly: Good. Perhaps they might be able to give you a hand with your punctuation.

C'mon, PvPers, a little fantasy in this world... isn't it even more thrilling when not able to know HOW your opponent is protected?

Personal bump for this idea (guess I surely already did it in another, similar thread). I know you're not supposed to wander with clothes ON your armor (well in regulat table-top RP you sure looks like a goof if managing to do so ), but sometimes, it'd be so good to put a tleast a trench-coat on those horrible armor bits without having to remove web-cloaks and such every time.

Not to mention that... that...
    We want to be able to wear sunglasses with our hoods!
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Don't fret my friends, we have brought up this idea a few times. Funcom, I think, has stated that they would like a seperate window for social clothing, that would make it show when you go into towns.

Bump!

I would like it so you have 2 tabs Clothes and Armor and you can fill both of them with items, but you can only have one turned on at any given time. So you either look fun with clothes, or you have ac's... meaning when you turn on clothes instead of armour you also don't see your gun and stuff anymore. You instead see the hand item on the clothes tab... And you have no armor... This would make it easy to go into social mode without having to re-equip everything and please the PvPers eh?

And when you switch from Clothes to Armor or vice versa it would do a little clothes changing emote... like your actually pulling the stuff off and puting it on...

Val

Oh ys, ti's such a mess each time you want to put on your wholelot of social clothes and have toswitch, or take them from the bank again, etc etc.

And oh yes again, so that people would maybe at last stop completely undressing right in the middle of the street
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

I do PvP, and I do like the idea (no way I'm gonna do it myself tho)

Gimme that dragon coat and I'm in practice for SWG

- oh! and call me DARTH Littletza while your at it

--------------------------------
    Littletza, President of Shadow Ops
    190 soldier
    RK2

ps. MK II armour/Alvins pads/ Primus coat (where I need my dragon one) and Wen-Wen (My own little Death Star)

But I meant that I would like to be able to wear a full set of armor, and still look like I'm fighting in my bathingshorts if I want to.
    And wouldn't it be more fun if you had no idea of wich armor your opponent is using in PvP? But it really doesn't matter, 'cus it's the same for everyone.

Bump btw...
    Zizayu
    Master 10th Dan
    Mayhem

BUMP!
    god damnit look at RK1.. what do u c?
    well i c MK2 whit a tank armor ower it(!) and it sux. if u could hide it whit normal social armor it would rock.
    i dont want to take off my armor everytime i want to put on my good looking social armor =P. and i think its the same whit all the twinkers.
    why would somone whit a uber twinkt armor take it off so he/she can look good in a social armor.

/ Tolbat

BUMPAGE....

Make them two separate tabs, one for clothing and one for armor and have the clothing pieces show up instead of the armor for all the slots in which you have social clothing for....
    .: Naraya :.

Exactly Naraya... that's what I meant, only, you explained it so much better

I mean, it would be so nice to be able to use all those Miir-clothes in battle...
    Zizayu
    Master 10th Dan
    Mayhem

Talking

Originally posted by Naraya
    BUMPAGE....
    Make them two separate tabs, one for clothing and one for armor and have the clothing pieces show up instead of the armor for all the slots in which you have social clothing for....
    FunCom will not allow it, because then all the pretty color for the functional armors that their graphic aritists designed will not be seen because everyone will just use social cloth to cover up.

I'm all for 2 separate tabs, and allowing social armor to show up in the cities and clubs, though. The only reason that has prevented me from wearing social clothes is that I don't want to hunt down an agent/enforcer to buff me back into my armor again after I took them off for the social clothing .

The game is clearly bent towards having to overequip to have a high survival rate in gaining xp... this takes away our chance to enjoy all the great social clothes...

Please let our social clothes show in any 100% zone... that would be the easiest way to code it. 100% zone = social clothes!!!!! Then put in rare social clothing that can only be gotten through missions and boss loots... etc... it would be interesting to see groups rolling to see who gets the new miir tank top.

And if you don't want to do it by zone.. do it with a command.. i.e.
    /social = puts on social clothes = 0 AC
    /armor = puts on armor = 0 Fashion

Exclamation

Originally posted by Demono
    Please let our social clothes show in any 100% zone... that would be the easiest way to code it. 100% zone = social clothes!!!!! Then put in rare social clothing that can only be gotten through missions and boss loots... etc... it would be interesting to see groups rolling to see who gets the new miir tank top.

And if you don't want to do it by zone.. do it with a command.. i.e.
    /social = puts on social clothes = 0 AC
    /armor = puts on armor = 0 Fashion
    Most cities = 75%.
    Omni-1 HQ = 25%.

So your idea will meant no social clothes in most cities.