Thread: Level 200 bonuses

Level 200 bonuses

I think anyone who is level 200 should be given some extreme bonuses to just about everything.

Why do I say that?

Simple. Anyone who's got the muleheadedness to kill the same thing from level 90-200, deserves to be GODS. :P

If this is not feasible, then please change the xp curve. I have not met one person who enjoys killing the exact same mobs for 110 levels.

How do you spell BUMP? I forgot...
    .: Naraya :.

Indeed the reaching of level 200 should give astronomical bonuses, seeing you wont be able to gain any more xp, meaning no more ip, meaning you cant raise skills any higher.

But, this is like saying you beat AO and how do you beat life?

I say get rid of the level cap.

If this game is consistant with other MMOGs (EQ in particular) the level cap will probably be increased with addons. So 200 probably will not always be the max level.

Those addons will obviously have to add new abilities, toys and above all XPing activities for over level 200.

I have no evidence to back this up, its just what I am betting will happen.
    C.M.O.T. Raymote - Loyal (They pay better) OmniTek Trader
    Omni-ECPCS

Rimmer: After intensive investigation, comma, of the markings on the alien pod, comma, it has become clear, comma, to me, comma, that we are dealing, comma, with a species of awesome intellect, colon.
    Holly: Good. Perhaps they might be able to give you a hand with your punctuation.

Assuming level limits won't be raised... (not that I know anything one way or another here)

LvL 200 characters still gather XP, but have no real use for it. The game has become static, essentially. I can see why limits were imposed - the world has its limits after all, in terms of MOBs, equipment etc. Even if you could increase in level post 200, what would you fight? What new gear could you equip? The database can't be completely open-ended.

Why not simply give level 200 characters one IP reset point every time they "level" post 200? You've now got a fixed amount of IP to play with, but over time you can shape your character in ways you might not have tried when you didn't have the leisure to do so. Now though, you're finally off the levelling treadmill, so why not relax and have a little fun?

Comments?

~R~

Thats not a bad idea with the IP reset point every time they fill the level bar at level 200.

It would be a good stopgap untill the level limit is increased or even a permanent feature if that never happened.
    Omni-ECPCS

Rimmer: After intensive investigation, comma, of the markings on the alien pod, comma, it has become clear, comma, to me, comma, that we are dealing, comma, with a species of awesome intellect, colon.
    Holly: Good. Perhaps they might be able to give you a hand with your punctuation.

oh, yes, please make me level some more.
    I havent done enough missions yet.

Please make me kill another 10,000 identical mobs
    just so I can be competative in PvP or stand a chance
    at outdamaging everyone else camping the dungeon.

</sarcasm>

I can't wait 'till I never have to level again.

IMO leveling should be fast.
    That is nothing but the character development stage.
    You have 8 character slots.
    You should be able to get 8 level 200 characters.
    Trying other professions, rolling alts,
    shouldnt be prohibited by the sheer tedium of the process.

The game needs content.
    -Better tradeskills that allow real customization.
    -More quests.
    -Reasons to PvP with (as promised) territory capture.
    -A story.
    and what happened to the idea of players controlling monsters?

The absolute last thing this game needs is more levels.

Originally posted by Unhappy Trader

IMO leveling should be fast.

No way, MMORPGS are supposed to provide a very long term challenge. Getting level 200 SHOULD be a hardcore, long winded effort. Thats not to say there couldnt be more different XPing activities.
    Originally posted by Unhappy Trader

and what happened to the idea of players controlling monsters?
    Err we can do this now. Crats in particular but also advs with low ql leets, and masochistic traders.

I take it you don't mean charms?
    Omni-ECPCS

Originally posted by Raymote

Err we can do this now. Crats in particular but also advs with low ql leets, and masochistic traders.

I take it you don't mean charms?

Yeah. Before they took down the In Progress section,
    they were saying that by this summer (heh) we should
    be able to actually play as monsters. As the ultimate AI mobs.
    I was really looking forward to that.

Actually unhappy trader is right. Leveling to 200 should be the treadmill you go through to be able to experience the 'real' content. Since there isn't even 'fake' content, it's a moot point.

Anyways, this wasn't really about giving level 200s bonuses. It was actually about the silliness of the xp curve that funnels us into BS killing the exact same ql mobs for 110 levels.

I would rather have Anything to do at 200.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%