Thread: How many lvl's over implant QL has a cluster to be to increase implant QL?

How many lvl's over implant QL has a cluster to be to increase implant QL?

What I am thinking of: If I Have a QL 150 imp, but need a QL 180 imp f.ex., could I augment the implant with a QL 200 cluster, clear the imp again, do it again....and so on until I have my QL 180 imp? How far would this go? Can I increase up to QL 190?
    Flyhard - lvl 137 doc
    Thermaling - lvl 94 fixer

I'm 90% sure that it is more dependent on the skill used to insert then the QL of the clusters used.

I could be wrong (possible)

It's entirely skill dependent.

Clusters can actually be a certain % lower in QL than the implant they go in and still will raise the implant QL if the person who's making it has enough skill. Faded clusters can be lower than bright, and bright lower than shining.

At QL 200 basic implant, you can use:
    QL 172 Shining clusters. This is 14% lower than the implant QL.
    QL 168 Bright clusters. This is 16% lower than the implant QL.
    QL 164 Faded clusters. This is 18% lower than the implant QL.

I haven't tested the % numbers on lower QLs, but I encourage someone who's got enough nanoprogramming skill and some extra cash to try putting a QL 108 shining cluster in a QL 125 basic implant, a QL 105 bright cluster, and a QL 103 faded cluster. According to my calculations, if the percentages are fixed for cluster vs implant QL, those should be the lowest QL clusters that will work in a 125 'plant.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I think this is the case too.

Highorbit posted in another thread:

QL10 - 40: No increase
    QL40 - 90: Level increases by 1 - 3 levels
    QL100 - 130: Level increases by 1 - 6 levels
    QL140 - 180: Level increases by 1 - 5 levels
    QL190 - 200: Level increases by 1 - 4 levels

Comes in handy HighOrbit!

My observations: with high NP skill (way over the requirement) you can put high QL clusters in low QL imps and force 1 level increase. I think the difference is 20% above, so a QL70 imp with a QL84 cluster done by someone with 500NP will wield a QL71 imp. Repeat for the other 2 clusters and you have a QL73 full imp.
    Last edited by Ntrox; Jul 26th, 2002 at 15:28:05.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

You can put a 65 cluster in 70 implant and it still goes up 1

Only if you have high NP skill, surpassing the requirements.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Originally posted by Ntrox
    I think this is the case too.

Highorbit posted in another thread:

QL10 - 40: No increase
    QL40 - 90: Level increases by 1 - 3 levels
    QL100 - 130: Level increases by 1 - 6 levels
    QL140 - 180: Level increases by 1 - 5 levels
    QL190 - 200: Level increases by 1 - 4 levels

Comes in handy HighOrbit!

My observations: with high NP skill (way over the requirement) you can put high QL clusters in low QL imps and force 1 level increase. I think the difference is 20% above, so a QL70 imp with a QL84 cluster done by someone with 500NP will wield a QL71 imp. Repeat for the other 2 clusters and you have a QL73 full imp.
    Still only rough values... It seems to be more visible at higher leves than I stated there as well...

Still... if taken as a very rough guideline that's sort of what you get if you get a 1k NPer to do stuff...
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

Originally posted by HighOrbit

Still only rough values... It seems to be more visible at higher leves than I stated there as well...

Still... if taken as a very rough guideline that's sort of what you get if you get a 1k NPer to do stuff...
    One more thing.

Because the cluster levels have varying NP requirements (ie. Faded has a considerably lower requirement than shining) the faded cluster will always cause the highest increase.

As an example of this, while wanting to make a Ql180 implant from a QL78 implant we did the following:

Installed Shining cluster (No QL increase)
    Installed Bright cluster (2 QL increase)
    Removed 1k Token board (reducing NP by 210)
    Installed Faded cluster (1 QL increase)

Normally in that situation I would have expected an increase of 3 - 4 levels for the faded cluster.

This is not a particularly common solution to a problem such as this, and I have no intention of removing the 1k board for every faded cluster I install - this was merely a special case.
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

/me Atrox
    /me confused
    /me leaves the NP stuff to the solitus engy!
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich