Thread: Lev, Lupoh Logs and 'Glowstick' 3

Post Lev, Lupoh Logs and 'Glowstick' 3

PLEASE NOTE: - The events in the story are real (i.e. not made up by me the player), however the perspective and interpretations are of the main character Sightsee. Some of these stories may or may not be relevant to any activities of other characters (such as opportunistic role-playing), but simply gossip or leisurely (but interesting) conversations.

DATE: 07/07/02 (GMT+1 Timezone)

By the next day Sightsee had recovered enough to remember that Luxurea (who had turned up at the toga party late), took a sample of his blood to analyse. He hoped that she would be able to at least find a match for the molecular activators, without a blood sample from the dead body it was going to be tough to use the results in the still archaic Justice system. His team was quiet on the operational front of things, still meant that no drug had been bought from Lupoh or his affiliates. He was just glad that the doctor was kind enough to help with no question about monetary reimbursement.

But what bothered him apart from Lev was the fact the Thyme had most probably spiked him at the party, with ‘Glowstick’. It wasn’t likely in his mind to have been anyone else, as at the time he was facing the only other dancer in his group, his awareness of Thyme was that she was dancing by his side. Plus his latest ‘paid’ job was going wrong, someone had kidnapped his extraction target minutes before his comrades got in to the apartment, but that’s another story.

He was sat yet again in his usual booth, drinking whiskey. A while had passed and he was agitated, annoyed and rude to the poor waitress’ of Vixen. Of course in after thought he hadn’t meant to be that way, but it was his ‘darkest hour’. A soldier and good friend of Sight’s had arrived by chance and sat down with a cheerful smile on his face, his name was Cammon, they had got to know each other from working together in the past.

They talked for a little while, Sight tried not to let his depression show, but could see that Cammon had noticed his fake smiles and laughter. Now he couldn’t smile any more as he spotted Levrivers walk past his booth with a cheeky wink and that annoying stride. Sight waited a little while then decided to go and bother the man (a decision more to do with his mood and the alcohol flowing in his veins). Cammon saw what was going on and asked if Sight needed backup. Sight merely shook his head and rose clumsily out of his seat to find Lev.

Lev was sitting rather closely to an opifex (I think? ED) female called Purity. Sight sent the image of her to Bethesda, (who knew what to do without having to be asked).

Sight stood opposite the table and warned Lev that he shouldn’t be so boisterous with his presence as there may be a bounty on his head. Of course it was not said in concern, but as a form of warning. Lev was very much more like his normal self, the one that Sight used to know; the way he talked to him and Purity. This only made him even more irritated, but before he was about to be rude, he got the image back from Beth, Purity it seemed was Lev’s wife and still an Omni Citizen even though Lev himself was Clan? Sight was in no mood for analysing this, Lev was whispering and laughing with his wife at this point.

“Ooh, I bet you didn’t know, you could get 2 million for me sweetheart! The Independent Rubikans have put a price on my head.” He laughed, almost boasting about that fact.
    “Purity, any chance of downgrading your husband back to version 1.0?” said Sight, she looked to him and noticed that he wasn’t joking, but ignored the question regardless.

Sight thought he’d try and get Lev into thinking just a bit. Levrivers was once a member of the South Rubi-Ka Society when it was founded long ago. The groups back then were friends, and even the now elusive Tappert was quite active in those founding days.
    “Lev, you remember these people? Remember Savoy, Tappert even?”
    “Yes of course I remember Savoy and Tapp, ol Tapp doesn’t show his face around here much though.”
    Sight thought, ‘yea if he was he’d be damned disappointed in you now Lev, like we all are’, but said nothing about it.
    “So Lev, where are they on your hit list?” Lev just grinned to Sight as an answer. One of the Vixen Girls (Novasecure) came to take orders, to which Lev replied “A personality transplant for Mr. See here if you’ve got one Nova”
    “Err, sorry no.” She replied, looking at the haggard looking Sightsee.
    “Ahh shucks.” Lev laughed.
    “Personality? How can ya ask for me to have a transplant dude, when you aint even got a personality?” Sight smiled as best as he could, as truth was he felt as though he had none right now.
    “Hey, I’m full of personality thank you, if you wanna borrow some, I’m sure I could lend some.” Retorted Lev.
    “What’s with the niceness Lev?” Sight mimicked Levs /Italian and spoke in a high pitched voice, to try to cover up his anger that was growing and to be sarcastic.
    “Lev IS nice.” Purity said.
    “I dunno, you come into a bar to sit and talk nice with your wife, and all you get are griefing Omni’s.” Lev stretched his slender arms out on the couch.
    “Damn… Maybe I should be a criminal if it will get me a nice educated woman such as yourself Purity.” Sight smiled at her.
    She smiled back as she said rather matter of factually, “He wasn’t a criminal when we first met, he was an Assassin.”
    “From what I’ve been hearing, you’re turning into a criminal type anyhow Sight.” Lev relaxed and looked to see Sights reaction.
    Sight just beamed a big smile, trying not to laugh, “Really? That’s interesting. So what have you heard Lev? Think quick dude.”
    “Only bits and pieces.” Lev ginned and then ignored Sights presence.
    “…I’m waiting for this story of yours Lev.” Sight shook his head, couldn’t believe that Lev would stoop this low, trying to play on his already paranoid mind.
    “Well Miss Purity, its been a pleasure, cant say that for your husband; him giving me death threats kinda puts ya off him, if ya know what I mean?”
    “Its only business.” Lev interjected.
    “Bye Sight.” Purity smiled maybe genuinely?
    “Cya round Sight, keep an eye on your back… It’s a dangerous World out there.” He winked, it reminded him of the first time Lev threatened him.
    “Well for one, your business aint welcome to me, do what ya want but don’t walk on my high wire, I might cut it.” Sight winked back, “and for second, remember you threatened me with the whole of Roompa’s on my side, surrounding you and your kindgarden group?.. Think about it with that small brain of yours!”
    Lev just laughed out loud, Cammon (who was concerned by now) had arrived. Sight looked up to him and walked away for the booth. Cammon lead them back to where they were originally seated.

“Don’t worry, the guys spending time with his wife.”
    “You gotta be kidding me sight?” replied Cammon.
    “Nope. Purity’s in love alright.”
    “That Lev used to be a famous Neutral you know.” Cammon said as if to make Sight feel better. “OK, well he’s changed pretty much since he was a Neutral.”
    Aktrez arrived and said her welcome, but Sight was in no mood for frivolities.
    “Aktrez, you in the habit of having wanted criminals in here?” He shouted.
    “I’m sorry Sight?.. I JUST got here!” She shouted back. Sightsee scowled slightly. Cammon smiled and said, “Don’t worry she’ll throw him out all right.”
    “Sorry Cammon, I’m kinda bitter these days I guess. Getting death threats, bounties on my head etc. It all builds up in one big sh*tter of a mountain in time.”
    “Just let it out on us lad, that’s what friends are for.” Sight smiled briefly at Cammon’s talk.
    “Hey if I do that, I’ll be as bad as some of the other people here on Rubi-Ka… That’s one personal rule I ain’t gonna ever break.” Sight said it with conviction.
    Novasecure came by to the booth asking if they wanted anything. Cammon asked for a Scotch to which she said “Scotch what’s that?”.
    Sight looked at the girl with contempt. He quickly stuck out the scotch he was drinking and shouted “Its this God damned it!” he shook his head “Damn, sorry… Guess I’m losing it? Sorry Nova baby- ”
    “Yea, you’re the best one.” Cammon interrupted and beamed a smile that showed his wrinkles that were somehow fitting, rather than making him look old.
    Sight looked up from his bottle “I’m testy right now, sorry”. Nova looked briefly at the drunken man, and moved on. It came with the job she thought to herself; insults abuse and sexist comments.

She walked away to get Cammon his Scotch, “You got to find yourself a girl Sight.”
    “Naa, what’s the point?”
    “Well. For one thing, you’ll sleep better. Much better.” Cammon smiled at Sight, who was beginning to sway a little for the alcohol.
    “To… To be honest, I seem to push em away somehow?.. So I pay for what I need dude.”
    “You pay?”
    “The jobs are all that there is in my life, as well as surviving right now too.”
    “You know Sight. There’s a big difference between a harlot and a lover. Well that keeps me going.”
    “Really, heh yea I know what that is, I had someone once and she was great, then there was another but she can’t be bothered with the likes of a commoner.” Sight raised an eyebrow whilst scoffing at Cammon. “Yea Dammit, I go home at night to my apartment… Turn the key in the door, and my heart sinks, coz I know there ain’t no one on the other side of it.”
    Cammon had never seen Sight so down and negative before, “I’m not saving money for me to get drunk, but rather for me and someone special to have a future. Maybe get myself a patch of land someday?” He said looking into the distance.
    “What, on this God damned cursed rock?” Quipped Sight.
    “Nah, but somewhere else. Some far off planet.”
    “Yea hehe, that place has many names dude. Some called it Eden, The Lotus Borithan etc. Its death dude hehe.” Sights reply was worrying Cammon.
    “Death is not the only place for rest. I don’t think there will ever be a better place than the here and now.”
    “Oh and of course, we all go to a better place after death right? What BS!” Sight was swaying more and trying to keep his eyes open. “Hey Cammon, its all good hehe.”

Sight wanted to be able to just sleep for as long as he could, his dreams being so much better than the reality of practical life. Novasecure came by then, maybe she had heard the negative talk, and hoped to help?
    “Hello boys, mind if I take a seat?” Cammon smiled to her.
    “Please do.”
    Sight said nothing, he barely was able to even focus on Nova. She sat down next to Cammon, and looked at him with a sparkle in her eye.
    “Hey Sight, have a ‘sober’ from Omni Med” Cammon tried to give Sight the pills that would do just as he said. But Sight refused.
    “I Like it herez, being drunk.” Nova was hardly seated when she said she had to get back to work.
    “Well gotta get back to work hun, can you tip me please?” Sight s******ed, as if knowing that question was coming, Cammon did so and she left promptly.
    “See? The women itz allz about ve money dude hehe.” Cammon was trying to make a point, but Nova hadn’t helped in his endeavour.
    “OK, well I wouldn’t count on dating one of these tigers. They’re in for the creds, you can smell it off them, but then again thats why I came here to Omni-1 too.” Cammon said, but Sight was on his own conversational tangent.
    “Oh yea!” Shouted Sight. “That Lev wants to killz me rightz? Then he hehe, he comez in askins me to works for him? Whatz he fink I am a Drunkz tramp hehe? Today he sayz he hears that me, me iz like him, a crimmy!” Sight burst out laughing hysterically, so much so that he was going red and fell off his seat.

Another Vixen girl by the name of Babee came along offering to dance for the duo.
    “OK sure honey, how much for the dance?” Said Cammon. Babee tilted on one hell then jumped up on the table.
    “Just pay me what you think the performance is worth.” She winked at Cammon.
    “Babee please bugger off… Gotz no moneyz okies?” Sight said as nicely as pie.
    “Don’t mind him being rude. He’s just a little drunk.”
    “Naa Cammonz dude, don’t pay for sh*t.” Cammon poked Sight. “Quitz the pokingz dude!”
    “Hey Sight just enjoy the show.”
    “Why?”
    “Coz this ones on me OK.” Cammon watched on as the flexible Babee danced in a sensual manner before his eyes.
    “Everyonz in it for the Buckz.”
    “Shut up Sight, and watch. Money or not you got to appreciate this.”

Sightsee just bowed his head, in a drunk and sad manner, his eyes were not focusing, but moved over to his gun in his hand which he seemed transfixed on, missing the dance. He closed his eyes, and after managing to fight the spinning feeling, he was in a forest, but it was dark, all around was dark. He saw a figure blurred out of his vision, it approached him like a shadow stretching, fanning out to him. He heard a man’s whisper, couldn’t quite make it out, just the word ‘Son’. The figure came into focus as it stood there in front of him. Was it Sight? No he was older, it was his Father. Sight smiled at him, he was looking well but his smile-hid sorrow not too well. “Dad? Where is this place?” Sight was surprisingly sober now.
    “It’s the expedition son, Its Mollocke… The expedition son, its dark here, its cold here, expedition son…”

“We all sleep in our graves Sight, but your time will be very soon unless you take a break.”
    “Well I relax when I close my eyez ats night… My dreams are the most beautiful technocoulrz youz could hever imagine, hehe” Sight replied to Cammon.
    “Well, just be careful Sight. You gotta get down from that mountain you’re on top of. Get down to us. We’re just waiting for you mate.” Cammon sighed at the fact that he wasn’t getting through to him.
    “My jobz now is ta justz stay alive, what a great lifes itz is, Godamn it!” Sight seemed to not remember his sober daydream at all.

They said their goodbyes, and separated from the bar. Of course Cammon had ordered an armoured Yalma cab for the drunk Sightsee, so as he could head home without fear of attack by Lev and his gang.

The next morning, Sight wasn’t too sure what had happened after talking to Levrivers and his wife, not surprisingly from the copious amounts he drank that night. He didn’t want to face it, but he was an alcoholic. Lev or not, this was beginning to be his worst enemy, and he wasn’t even aware of it.
    Last edited by SinisterCake; Jul 24th, 2002 at 04:51:38.

Unhappy The End Of The logs is now.

(OOC)

As I am unsure as to whether the parties involved (or at least originally), wish to continue and contacting them has proven near impossible, this is the last log of the Lev, Lupoh series.

Lack of interest has been the main deciding factor. For those that did enjoy reading, sorry but it takes a long time for me to write them, and honestly there doesnt seem to be an end (or the next chapter) in sight.

Keep RP alive and above all, enjoy yoursleves

(/OOC)
    Crattyjack (RUR) - Director of Sales.
    Nashka (RUR) - Security Chief.
    Greenie01 (Devils Advocate) - Wheeler an Dealer.
    Emmet 'Bazzit' (Uncle Bazzit Foundry) - (Unofficial) CEO.
    Sightsee (The Makers Shades) - Lord.

Unhappy Huh?

Who's not interested?

Garret "Bonefish" Silvestrini
    Director - SPARTA
    Director of Operations, OTSEC

Founding Member of the Omni-Tek Security Council

garret.silvestrini@ot-sparta.org
    www.ot-sparta.org

WHAAAAAAAT?

Damn it.. Im interested..... Im interested....

/me sighs and whines just a lil bit..

Im interested damnit.!

Talking erm...

But what bothered him apart from Lev was the fact the Thyme had most probably spiked him at the party, with ‘Glowstick’. It wasn’t likely in his mind to have been anyone else, as at the time he was facing the only other dancer in his group, his awareness of Thyme was that she was dancing by his side.

(IC)
    Now, How does Sightsee REALLY know what happened that night? He admits to the drinking and the drugs and even thought my arse was a melon. So, I would say his take on events is a bit distorted.

That actually sounded pretty good.
    /me scratches it down on a bar napkin and runs to her laywer!
    (/IC)

(OOC)
    Intrested! I'm slow at times. Shoot me! I think the RP that you and Ole bonefish do is great. We always have such a good time when we see you guys sniffing around!
    (/OOC)
    *~*THYME*~*
    ~*Taboo's Views On Templus*~
    " "He is just a moron .You know he really isnt in the military, he is a 48 y/o man living in his parents basement who cant get laid & therefore hates all women and feels he has to belittle them because he cant get his lil peepee wet"

Sightsee, your stories do help create the feeling of a living, breathing Rubi-Ka. I hope you will consider continuing. If its too much hard work, just make them shorter.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!