Thread: @@@@ How about some STR/STAM armor for Clanners that doesn't look like a pile of crap

@@@@ How about some STR/STAM armor for Clanners that doesn't look like a pile of crap

When the game was released, everyone could use omni pol and omni pol elite armor. This made sense, because revolutionaries commonly have to use equipment they manage to steal or loot off the "ruling class."

Then, for some nonsensical reason, it was changed so clan could no longer use these armors.

These are, of course, the best str/stam armors in the game.

Funcom threw the clanners a bone with graft and organic armor. Too bad they look like CRAP. Good lord, have you seen someone with a full suit of this on? They look like they rolled in a huge pit of multi-colored vomit. It is the worst looking armor in the game! It makes the biomech armor helmet look GOOD.

Omni Pol elite armor looks *SWEET*- in addition to its excellent stats. Even Omni Pol (white) armor looks really good (especially the helmet).

In a game with gorgeous graphics like AO, looks matter. Graft and organic armor just don't cut it. As a result, you see tons of atrox enforcers and soldiers resorting to things like flowers tech (str/agility) even though this does not suit their states very well.

At release, it was stated that omni would have better gear, but clanners would get skill bonuses via their guilds. Well, its been a year, and all that time Omni had WAY better gear, yet clanners have never had their skill bonuses. Even worse, the str/stam armor for clanners looks like crap.

Can you please do something about this? If nothing else, change the skin for the graft armor so it doesn't look absolutely horrendous.

IMHO, the best fix would be to just let everyone wear omni pol armor again. Hell, you never fixed the mission generators and they still give out omni pol armor as rewards to clanners. Letting everyone wear this armor would be the best solution.
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

Omni-Elite armor is terrible. A very large portion of mobs do Chem damage. As a result, people in full suits of Elite get owned by things like Vacs and MP mobs. On top of that, there are a lot of weapons out there that do chem damage, so in PvP, people with Elite die easy. Regular Omni-Pol is ok, though it is by no means one of the ultimate armors.

The only thing I agree with is the fact that it looks cool. Then again, nano armor and omni pol are the only good-looking armor in the game anyway. Well, kevlar looks cool, but it has no helmet.

Armors worth mentioning:
    Organic: looks like a toxic waste spill
    Graft: looks like a radioactive toxic waste spill
    Metaplast: the helmet is the shape of a gridbeacon
    Biomech: well ... we all know what THAT helm looks like ...
    Tech: The chest armor is ok, but the rest of the armor is totally bland. And the helm looks like a bucket
    Energized: this simply looks atrocious. The helm looks like an upsidedown bowl.
    Senpai/hanshi: Skirt anyone? Football helmet, blech
    Steel Ribbed: Armor design is boring as hell. Helmet is like Senpai.
    Cyber: This armor looks cool. Too bad the helm is super cheezy
    Omni-Pol: Very nice design.
    Omni-Elite: even more badass than Pol white.
    Nano Armor: IMO the coolest looking armor in the game. The helm is definitely by far the coolest.
    Omni-Pol Forrest/Desert: The regular armor looks like green or tan Omni-Pol. The helm is also very cool; I like the clear faceplate.

The thing is though, at this point any normal armor is a welcome sight. Why? Because all I see is MKII clones!!!! Most people over level 150 have a full or almost full set of MKII. That doesn't bother me. What DOES bother me are these wannabe jackasses that wear a kevlar chest/boots/gloves, energized sleeves/pants, AND EVEN A FRIGGIN SABRETOOTH HOOD!!! I'm sorry but is your inferiority complex so desperately hopeless that you have to wear FAKE MKII?!?!

You make a good point about how few of the armors look very good at all.

It is a real shame that in such a beautiful game, there are so few armors that look really cool.

Omni Pol and Omni Pol elite both look great.

Nano Armor looks great.

Biomech (other than the helmet) looks good.

The old Clan Knight armor looked awesome (why not fix the stats and bring it back? sheesh).

Vitos, Titans, heated/chilled plasteel are the same armor but different colors. Other than the pants and helmet, they are ok.

That's about it. =(

Graft/Organic looks like vomit.

Just let both sides use all armor. Then everyone has more choices. That would help the problem a bit. At least if people had some more choices they might not be so depressed about how crappy most armor looks.

It would also eliminate balance problems if both sides had access to all the armor.

Bring sentinel in while ur at it
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Talking

Mmmm and some really cool looking chainmail... uhhh with futuristic enhancements in some way...

well.. i like graft:D

well, u dont like graft heh? u wonder how cool it looks whit full graft, bronto hood and fixer love boots? try it only bad AC on Graft is cold heh? who hits cold? some of the MA's whit that torturing tool... almost nuthin else.. i might be mistakin whit that cold is the only low AC but i dont know... and full set of graft look cool to

You like the "look" of a full suit of graft? Yuck!!!!!!!!!! =(