Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do Team Missions make people stupid?

Originally posted by Zylina
    Ignore Alex Mars. He doesn't have a clue Calvara.

I've also teamed with Calvara. Get this through your little head Mr. Mars. As you go up levels, you get stronger. The mobs you fight don't because we all fight the same mobs from level 90+. Thus, these mobs become easier and easier as you go up levels. Is that too hard to comprehend? And I enjoyed teaming with Calvara. Talked too much, but at least she's not the timid teamie who pulls practically the whole first floor before allowing the team to leave entrance.
    hehe

i normally don't say all that much. been in an odd mood when i play the past few days. just want to get my chs on and be a happy 10k'er

Alex Mars..

ru nubi?
    ~Chris

Hrm...Madam Cleo just called with a prediction:

If Funcom continues to see threads like these, one morning we're going to walk into a team mission and find 30 mobs waiting in the first room

Edit
    Or worse (or better if you're twisted like me):
    • Coward mobs forcing the team to chase them all through the mission areas.
    • Mobs with wider patrol patterns, having them wander all over the place.
    • Nano using mobs calling for help from weapon/melee damage mobs, then retreating into chain-cast mode when they get back up
    • Pet profession mobs actually summoning pets!
    • No more boss level room. Having the boss mob placed randomly in the mission with a greater ability to call for help (a.k.a insta-train, just add player blood )

But I'd have fun doing a team mission with all that going on in it
    Last edited by Kuroshio; Jul 25th, 2002 at 01:09:19.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

I'm twisted like you. I think many would like a reason to act as a group again.

IF ....

they compensate the players properly for the added risk.

Why won't most take a mission above 196 or so? Because you get 60K exp for something that takes three minutes to kill (RM) and might take out one of your frailer teammates versus 55K exp for something you can solo and your team can take on 6 at a time (Vet).

Bork up Team missions by making them more 'interesting' and not compensating for the added risk and all the 6-man teams will be found back in solo missions.

Their indignation at the thought that anybody might ever reach lvl200 shows through in so many ways that are currently causing the game to be less fun. It blatantly obvious that _someone_ at FunCom has a bruised ego caused by the dozens of people who have 'beaten' their precious game.

there in that post is the reason. No one fights Ace's and real means. Why ... let me break it down. A ace has 4x the health and hits 2x as hard for 10-20k more exp. In that time the team will have dissentergrated 3-4 vet's. thats 50-60 more exp and alot easier to do. At 140+ you can pretty much solo whatever except bosses.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12