Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coon Capping

they should make BS fixed 30 min, this would eliminate a bunch of problems from taking turns farming vp to coon capping shortening the lenght of my pwn marathon

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Then guess what, if you cant kill the defenders, YOU DONT GET TO CAPTURE THE POINT!
    Isn't "if you can't kill the attackers, you don't get to keep control of the point" an equally valid argument?

I think it's a non-issue, tank professions get to do their job and take the heat.

What would be more intresting is if ALL got tools to interupt someone capping the CP, realistic and win/win.
    Last edited by Lletah; Jan 10th, 2010 at 07:46:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    Isn't "if you can't kill the attackers, you don't get to keep control of the point" an equally valid argument?

I think it's a non-issue, tank professions get to do their job and take the heat.

What would be more intresting is if ALL got tools to interupt someone capping the CP, realistic and win/win.
    We would need a list of which professions cannot stop someone from capping to develop ideas in this aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    We would need a list of which professions cannot stop someone from capping to develop ideas in this aspect.
    At TL7, pretty much anyone ranged with no pets, any pet profession where the pets lack the AR to hit the person and also lacks Fears, and obviously NTs.

So the list is pretty much:

Soldiers, Agents, Traders, Ranged Advys, Fixers, NTs, Doctors, and MPs (maybe).

No. Dimach swap does not count.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

capping is casting a nano prog i thought...so stuns will interupt?
    in which case mps/crats/nts can interupt?
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    capping is casting a nano prog i thought...so stuns will interupt?
    in which case mps/crats/nts can interupt?
    Stuns don't stop casting they just pause it for the duration of the stun.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Then perhaps we should have stunning prevent/interrupt capping?

Then we are down to Ranged Advy, Trader, and Soldier. I don't think ranged advy or trader need any more love atm, so Soldiers would still be lacking unless they were SMG.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Stuns don't stop casting they just pause it for the duration of the stun.

weird, well it makes sense that it would so x2
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Then perhaps we should have stunning prevent/interrupt capping?
    I guess they could -try- to kill the coon capper then. And if you can't kill them, either take the point back right afterward or you don't deserve to have it.

Some people coon cap because that's all they can really do to "help" their side ie they're doing BS for the vp and not the pvp. Others play handicapped pvp profs (eg keepers who can't kill anything).

Honestly don't find it all that annoying.
    Rubennib [220/30 keeper]
    Darooses [220/23 crat]
    Rubedoc [220/25 doc]
    Keritan [220/25 enf]

and a few more.

"I know while I just hack this computer terminal, I can wiggle my ass and dodge all the attacks..."

If you are stood there trying to cap a point, then surely you can't concentrate on dodging attacks.

I suggest when you start capping you get a -2k all evades, which only cancels out when you complete the cap or get hit and thereby the cap is cancelled anyway.

Let people Coon/AMS cap whatever, just hit them with a penalty for making the attempt to cap.
    Fishpaste - 220 Fixer (RK2)

to para quote some one else "your talking about realism in a game where people can channel there anger and make giant killer meatballs"

and even if thats not enough, think of it like this: evades=auto reflex though nanobots in the air around the player that have sensers, meaning you dont need to be aware of something to evade it.

with out word from FC on exactly what means what (we need FC's definition, not dictionary.com's definition) you cant really argue on how things should be based on whats possible
    Last edited by lostlife; Jan 19th, 2010 at 18:37:44.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123