Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Nerf NTS?

This is on my fixer.. erm 9.5k Hp Atm..

So yea, no other prof can do that much damage to my fixer.. its just stupid..

Playing Aion
    Mannyyy 60 Ranger - Tiamat Asmo

220/22 Opifex Fixer Retired Mannyfixer

And the rest of the Manny toons.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Shadow Mercs
    ShadowMercs! Tl5's
    Signature last updated 2012...
    ----------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Mannystk View Post
    This is on my fixer.. erm 9.5k Hp Atm..

So yea, no other prof can do that much damage to my fixer.. its just stupid..
    No, it's called balance.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    No, it's called balance.
    i'm quite sure he meant 3 instant capped hits.
    you seriously should do the community a favor and stop posting if all you do is troll.

OH WOW! 9.7k in less than 4 seconds :O that's like 10 times as long as it takes a soldier to do the same kind of damage!

And 1 attack that takes 7.5 seconds to execute!
    seriously this.

in the time it takes a nt to triple twice these are the attaks other profs can do

1 sneak attack
    3 fast attacks
    2 brawls
    3 fllingshots
    2 bursts
    2 bull autos
    2 aimed shots
    up to 7 normal attacks

not to mention that no other prof is blocked from casting ANY nano while they are attacking

Before bitching about NTs maybe try playing one? According to auno.org at tl7 (201+) level range soldiers or doctors are 3 times as common as NTs, whereas NT remains second least played prof after trader. If they are so OP why doesn't anyone play them? I know why no one plays traders, because they're not that great at pvm, but NTs are top DD these days and generally don't have pvm issues, still not that popular. Why?
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Quote Originally Posted by Calamite View Post
    Before bitching about NTs maybe try playing one? According to auno.org at tl7 (201+) level range soldiers or doctors are 3 times as common as NTs, whereas NT remains second least played prof after trader. If they are so OP why doesn't anyone play them? I know why no one plays traders, because they're not that great at pvm, but NTs are top DD these days and generally don't have pvm issues, still not that popular. Why?
    Regardless of whether or not NTs are balanced, that is the one of the worst arguments I have read on the subject in a while.

"Even if NTs were OP, not many people play them so you shouldn't whine!" <insert evidence based on a database of toons, 90% of which aren't played anymore>

Quote Originally Posted by Solox View Post
    Regardless of whether or not NTs are balanced, that is the one of the worst arguments I have read on the subject in a while.

"Even if NTs were OP, not many people play them so you shouldn't whine!" <insert evidence based on a database of toons, 90% of which aren't played anymore>
    My argument was play one for yourself and I will see you whine on the forums how NTs are nerfed next week. NTs are far from OP, really

And those statistics aren't just there in the database, look at any raid anytime, won't see as many NTs as any other prof. Will be lucky if there's 2 for 100 people.
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OH WOW! 9.7k in less than 4 seconds :O that's like 10 times as long as it takes a soldier to do the same kind of damage!

And 1 attack that takes 7.5 seconds to execute!
    For sure, except that FA & Burst seldom cap, and even if they both cap on a low HPs target (which will most likely happen once in a blue moon for Burst) take a look at the recharge. Now, that would only be 60% of someone's HPs, it has strictly nothing to see with 80%+ than a that low HPs' target. Now if you were talking about AS/FA/Burst combo. ;/

One more simple thing, people got a lot more defense versus hits than against nukes, the reason is simple, it's called AAD. Now if you say that they may as well perk NR8 instead of complaining ...
    Sure, why not.

On a side note, I'm fine with NTs I'm just tryna vision and picture how it tends to look like for most people helpless against nukes.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Solox View Post
    Regardless of whether or not NTs are balanced
    NTs will be balanced when they get doc's evades.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

My argument was play one for yourself and I will see you whine on the forums how NTs are nerfed next week. NTs are far from OP, really
    One of you arguments was, yes, I was referring to your point about Auno.

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    NTs will be balanced when they get doc's evades.
    That was sarcasm, no?

According to skills emulator NT base evades are exactly the same as doc's. And considering NTs don't have access to any prof specific evade gear or perks, NTs get only 160 points more evades than docs due to the buff, but doc can always get RI from MA and then the difference is only 40 points.
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by tweeeek View Post
    seriously this.

in the time it takes a nt to triple twice these are the attaks other profs can do

1 sneak attack
    3 fast attacks
    2 brawls
    3 fllingshots
    2 bursts
    2 bull autos
    2 aimed shots
    up to 7 normal attacks

not to mention that no other prof is blocked from casting ANY nano while they are attacking
    lol are you serious? takes 2s max to cast a triple and if a 220 nt is not caping attack time then it needs to reroll. 5.5s recharge according to auno, so 7.5s total for the first, +2s for 2nd, 9.5s. AS and FA have 11s caps so how is it possible to do 2 in under 10 seconds?

and after talking with a org m8 just to confirm some stuff fast attack is 5s+weapon speed, fling is 6s+weapon speed, and brust is 8s+weapon speed. so again how do you get so many attacks in under 10s?
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

2 ASs = 22s. Only that lol.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    2 ASs = 22s. Only that lol.
    Wrong. This is how it is:

Aimed Shot
    Wait for 11s
    Aimed Shot

Time elapsed: 11s.
    214/20 Adv - Entventurer
    217+ Engi - Entity206
    220/20 Doc - Entagain
    220 Shade - Reali
    Orgless & Stripped.
    Awesome tradeskillers.

not on a fixer

That was sarcasm, no?
    No.

According to skills emulator NT base evades are exactly the same as doc's.
    Check support and exterminator symbs and nanos, before you engage in further discussion.

The difference in xan symb + nano + research combo is some 369 dodge/evade in favour of NTs.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    not to mention nt's have pretty good defense now, takes a fair bit to take one down if their good, definitly longer then it takes for them to take some people down.
    You know what, this is actually balanced if you read this quote again.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

As I have said since LE nukes came out, ANY single attack that can exceed the 30% rule is wrong and needs to be fixed.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Yeah, if we say that the special's available in the first place, which is not always the case in open PvP. Can say the exact same thing for nukes by the way, with both time elapsed and lock from recharge. Point remains, you won't do two aimed shots by the time a NT nukes twice. Plus mixing melee and ranged special attacks is purely pointless and irrelevant.

Because first, you can't execute 'em all at once, second, some of them miss and the others rarely cap, some others just can't cap on a target with average HPs.
    Please include the recharge time from reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    No.

Check support and exterminator symbs and nanos, before you engage in further discussion.

The difference in xan symb + nano + research combo is some 369 dodge/evade in favour of NTs.
    Indeed, NTs get 55 more dodge and evade from research... as for symbs, no one's stopping a doc from using implants, like I use implants on NT for heal delta, so that's irrelevant. So an NT has a whooping 95 points of advantage in dodge. O mighty Klod you are right as usual ^^
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast