Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who plans to stay in Ao when SWG/EVE/COH comes out?

Neocron and Eve for me.

Played the Neocron demo. Looks a lot like System shock 2. Now only hope that they get the game working right from the start. So far not one online game could do that.

verant can suck my....

im not going to play SWG nope i wont even test it.. im going to stay in AO.. but im going to try Neocron.

i wont leav AO i like it to much

/ Tolbat

no no no

Originally posted by mickey
    Played the Neocron demo. Looks a lot like System shock 2. Now only hope that they get the game working right from the start. So far not one online game could do that.

its like this... Neocron is riping Deus ex skill system (the best system ever made) and Deus ex remade system shock 2s skill system =)

I won't (or cant lets say) play AO for something like a year. I will just watch the forums and see what you ppl think about the other games cuz I think many of us have more or less same gaming taste since we play this game

Just gonna decide after I get my computer back and read your thoughts about the others
    Vern " Ottous Hunter - Scarce " Saar - Dam! I need some discs to earn money , make humble Ottouses drop more rare discs FC

Hmm I have alot of reasons to quit AO , lets see... I don't have a computer now , the main reason for me to stay - somebody - is gone now , SWG is nearing or... leave that out - there will be alot of crybabies around -

Oh well , I will stay anyway , even if I will be outlvled by the whole Rubi-Ka when I'm back , I still have hope!

like azzazzimon said. we as apoc will be here. but look for us on SWG also testin it out.

ill also dally with neocron. but not 100% sure i like the 1st person shooter aspect of it..as im not good at twitch type games...fastest to shoot wins...etc.

Re: Who plans to stay in Ao when SWG/EVE/COH comes out?

Originally posted by Gold
    Just wondering, of the 150+ players (non ebay), who plans to stay?

I'll pull 2 of my 150+'s and by then I probably have 1 or 2 more, heh.

I am pretty sure most of the guild I am in will leave, which means another 8-10 150+ chars.

But, who PLANS to stay? (we won't know if will come back or leave but we can atleast have plans)
    planning to stay Ill try out SWG, nec, eve etc and all other mmorpg's out there to test. atm im a bit on NWN tho (dont laugh.. i like it, especial the singleplayer bit) Im waiting for the nt patch for some new things to look for aswell as maybe start an alt sometime this year ;p and maybe some others to. =) Some people shout on me to do something special.. and no not pvp.

Also i guess real will catch up now till the winter so i wont be on as much as i used to be.. but ill surelly stay...
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

swg looks so amazing!!
    just the videos of it from E3 are enough to make me die, and character customization(!!) that is supposed to be in that will be enough to get me to try it...though like garzu said it will be marketed for mass appeal so i'm not sure it will have...the certain thing that ao has had for me...maybe it will be like sims online which i also have to try

Re: Re: Who plans to stay in Ao when SWG/EVE/COH comes out?

Originally posted by Hajkster
    atm im a bit on NWN tho (dont laugh.. i like it, especial the singleplayer bit)
    *laughs*

I was SO disappointed with NWN, they gave up what made the Baldur's Gate series great (indepth roleplay/story with npc character developement) for better graphics....a poor tradeoff in the long run.
    Last edited by Seraphael; Jul 15th, 2002 at 07:47:23.
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

SWG will be a MMORPG (14-18 aged community) which will have all the features to make you kick your computer.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Originally posted by Seraphael
    Did not anyone but me think the screenies of SWG sucked hard? Wonder how they will go about the "I wannabe uber" attitude one always comes across when jedis are up for grabs. Playing a jedi would definitely NOT fit the uber pvp'ing professions of AO.
    I can see it already, jedis going; "I gonna make shish-kebab out of your worthless hide ya n00b!"

I totally agree, the videos sucked total ass. And that uber happy environment, it uber sucks. Its almost as if Darth Vader is smiling and being happy...

SWG = Sims Online in a scifi setting.

Re: Re: Re: Who plans to stay in Ao when SWG/EVE/COH comes out?

Originally posted by Seraphael

*laughs*

I was SO disappointed with NWN, they gave up what made the Baldur's Gate series great (indepth roleplay/story with npc character developement) for better graphics....a poor tradeoff in the long run.

I just want to say that the graphics in NWN sucks!!! Yes, really, the graphics is bad!

Im playing NWN too, but not for some time now, playing alone makes me feel lonely for some reason...

The feature that is so nice in NWN is the ability to play campaigns with other ppl, with GMs etc. Its NOT the solo adventure that is the "thing" with NWN.

Re: Re: Who plans to stay in Ao when SWG/EVE/COH comes out?

Originally posted by Hajkster

planning to stay Ill try out SWG, nec, eve etc and all other mmorpg's out there to test. atm im a bit on NWN tho (dont laugh.. i like it, especial the singleplayer bit) Im waiting for the nt patch for some new things to look for aswell as maybe start an alt sometime this year ;p and maybe some others to. =) Some people shout on me to do something special.. and no not pvp.

Also i guess real will catch up now till the winter so i wont be on as much as i used to be.. but ill surelly stay...

I dont understand why anyone would laugh at you because you play NWN. Its alot worse to play AO.... At my job, I dont speak openly about it.... heh

Im already Gone...couldnt take it pvp sucks, leveling sucks, besides i looked outside and there are people REAL PEOPLE OUT THERE its a whole new world for me besides baby on the way time to get over gaming for a few months played nwn btw took me 5days to be invinceable that really killed the game for me so the real world for me Fellas been fun but im Out!

take a good look outside at the sunlight you will leave to so much more to life than leveling up to 200 then having nothing to do becuase there is no more goals for you PVP hahahahahaha.. u be better off doing something else.... so who is coming with me??
    Aykaziel

Syndacate

Lucavii

I tried neverwinter nights...got a bud to explain to me what 1d6, 2d8 etc was...and what that 19/20 (/2) or whatever was..

I returned one of the animals, was halfway to returning 2nd one.

Then I realized...I am not a roleplayer...I picked a chaotic evil wizard chick and tried roleplaying...that is...heh...I killed everything, I fried a hooker, I blew up some priests and I killed npc's, guards...heck, u name it...but just the thought of a 20 sided dice being rolled in the background, and overweight nerdy guys dressed up like fairies somewhere in the world made me decide that the game was just not for me.

As for neocron...I dunno, I am a 1st person shooter kind of player, but I don't like crappy dark games like Quake and Doom...and neocron looks more like that than Duke, Delta and Unreal Tournament. But Eve looks sweet (looks can decieve though), Coh could be fun...and Wow will sweep everyone off their feets (in 2010).

Ao, I dunno...only reason left to play the game is to mess around with guildmates, and they're kinda inactive too.

Funcom really know the art of taking the fun out of a game that wasn't all that much fun to begin with. However, their timing was fortunate, no other real new mmorpg close to being released. I believe that is the one and only reason Ao actually made it in the beginning. And the only reason why Ao made it this far is that Daoc turned out to be uglier than a Nokker in heat (lil ao humour there).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12