Thread: What about those who wont like "balancing" effects?

What about those who wont like "balancing" effects?

So ... there is "the balancing act" going on and advys are flourishing (who would have thought, eh? ). Anyway, there will be some changes made to general gameplay, professions and some other things and some (many?) people wont like it.

Would it be possible to give us a chance to change profession/breed of our characters if we dont like them anymore? Like full IPR thats possible to do only when you are stripped. You would reset your ... agent (for example ofc) and choose to be a shiny atrox adventurer. You would keep your lvl, items and axp but research would be gone.

Or a way to get a new character faster, like it was done in AoC when after some big changes you could roll a new character of a certain lvl once per account.

After all, many of us rolled XXX professsion of YYY breed because they have/had ZZZ that may be gone soon or will be changed in a way that we dont like. So, what now, should we delete it and beat those hecklers again? Many of us are sick with leveling here and would rather choose to quit instead of doing all this grind/farm again.

Ive made a similar suggestion once here: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=556335 with some ideas inside. Feel free to bump it
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

That would indeed keep me playing if the beginning of balancing fails which it almost doubtlessly will. I'm already tired of waiting so i don't feel like giving FC another year for getting tiny stuff done. I know devs hate when i compare ao to other mmos but i don't care: In tabula rasa you could simply clonse your caracter when it was time to choose your next profession so you could have both at lvl 30 (while 50 was max). 2 Free clones at 220 sounds okay to me, given the fact that all gear still needs to be farmed. If ao's lvling side of pvm would be more than just hecks to 160, inf mish leech to 220 this wouldnt be necessary but currently pvm is too ...dumb for me to roll something new again.
    Diverje 220/30 Fix Screw evades these days.
    Acetoxy 220/22 NT
    Ephedrae 220/20 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by ephedrae View Post
    That would indeed keep me playing if the beginning of balancing fails which it almost doubtlessly will. I'm already tired of waiting so i don't feel like giving FC another year for getting tiny stuff done. I know devs hate when i compare ao to other mmos but i don't care: In tabula rasa you could simply clonse your caracter when it was time to choose your next profession so you could have both at lvl 30 (while 50 was max). 2 Free clones at 220 sounds okay to me, given the fact that all gear still needs to be farmed. If ao's lvling side of pvm would be more than just hecks to 160, inf mish leech to 220 this wouldnt be necessary but currently pvm is too ...dumb for me to roll something new again.
    I whole heartedly agree. Before I quit I was kinda bored on RK1 so I rolled a couple of toons on RK2. The leveling is just awful. Either mindless outside tank teams or spending hours on lft/looking for people on lft trying to solo stuff in the meantime. After I quit with that I stopped playing.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Ive rolled my engi and NT for opi blind to debuff nano skills. If those breed perks hit live those two will be useless. There are many people who did roll atrox NTs, MPs etc. only for evade buff. They dont even use weapons to benefit from this "uber" +dmg perks.

Please dont change breed perks or at last dont nerf them like with wit and bbd. Nerfing so much causes only drama and forces people to leave. We dont need this drama, why not to improve perks that werent good but without nerfing useful ones ?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

well I see no reason to keep playing my NT after the changes unless a breed change is allowed :/
    Years spent on that toon, wasted :/