Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WTB Xan MA stick

Quote Originally Posted by Neccoz View Post
    I have, it is doable, by someone who isn't really the "best" twinker (even though admitedly he did think of everything and then some ) in Rina. Lvl 90 Atrox Keeper. And trust me, it hurts compared to all the other weapons out there (Chirops aside, as they are mentioned in my OP list) which is, as you seem to not get it, my point.
    Exact Copy or a 240?

240 I can see being done at level 90 with some insane twinking, given that I blasted past the reqs for a LSoTI at level 60 on an Atrox not long after LE came along.

But claiming TL3 is a bit of a misnomer. There's a vast difference between TL3 level 50 and TL3 level 90 and not just 4 perks. I still don't really get your point, though.

(BTW is it just me or does no one else get why there's no Fast Attack on what is obviously a direct upgrade from another hard to find weapon, the (Long)sword of the Illuminated, which has fast attack and dimach?)
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

(02:16) [The Renaissance] SomeoneIwon'tname: it was done on an NR3 L90 keeper, non-OE
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

(02:16) [The Renaissance] SomeoneIwon'tname: it was done on an NR3 L90 keeper, non-OE
    I'll bet an igoc (since I need one), that Keeper wasn't NR3 when he put the sword on.

Anyway, like I said before, and? I'd rather wear an LSoTI, which probably won't be hitting MBS, and has fast attack. I see no one crying about OP Keepers with Excaliburs on.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I quite disagree, unless I missed something Alpha Supports now have MA in them, which they didn't, that means MA is supported as much as Pistol, IN MATTER OF SYMBS. And KFM isn't that far behind in term of support compared to PM.
    Just MA, no brawl or MM, or fast attack, unlike pistol, burst, fling, and MR. More then one aspect of supporting a weapon line then just the attack skill. Just because other profs will use it doesn't mean it should be locked however. If there were to be another MA based weapon ofc.

I think the choice is Funcom anyway, we'd be better asking precise mods for our needs than linger on this debate of locked profession or not.

In my opinion, what should be important about a new weapon :
    - melee damage, finally making Anvil fists worth something
    - support of fast attack, and even better also sneak attack
    There was a suggestion once on MA forum that MAs should get fast attack naturally on their fists. That would be a welcome idea, it would help damage at all TLs, but probably won't happen so at least on a new weapon.
    - a high maximum beneficial skill (2800 at least), so that the weapon lasts us more than a couple of patches before becoming caped.
    - a bit of BM on it to balance the fact that we have lot more SI than BM thanks to LE researches not being complementary
    - no proc (hum not everybody is going to agree about that). I hate procs on weapons, you can never count on it but you can always expect to get in nano recharge at the precise time you need to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Poufpaf View Post
    I think the choice is Funcom anyway, we'd be better asking precise mods for our needs than linger on this debate of locked profession or not.

In my opinion, what should be important about a new weapon :
    - melee damage, finally making Anvil fists worth something
    - support of fast attack, and even better also sneak attack
    There was a suggestion once on MA forum that MAs should get fast attack naturally on their fists. That would be a welcome idea, it would help damage at all TLs, but probably won't happen so at least on a new weapon.
    - a high maximum beneficial skill (2800 at least), so that the weapon lasts us more than a couple of patches before becoming caped.
    - a bit of BM on it to balance the fact that we have lot more SI than BM thanks to LE researches not being complementary
    - no proc (hum not everybody is going to agree about that). I hate procs on weapons, you can never count on it but you can always expect to get in nano recharge at the precise time you need to heal.
    Again pretty much in complete agreement here. They really ought to just make it so anvil fists forces your damage type to melee.
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

It would be nice indeed if Anvils Fist would change weapon damagetype to melee. Even nicer would be if the fire effect would be blue coloured (I really really would like to see this happening ). But this is also a problem which could be solved with new weapons, which have melee dmg instead of energy, like Shens.

I wrote about 2-handed Martial Artist weapon to another thread, but yes, "Xan Sticks" is an idea I like as well... as long as it wouldn't look like Shen sticks... BoB mesh or something completely new would be wicked!

About the MBS; I really think it should be 2750. All the other Xan weapons are as well, so should these. Balancing ftw.

And about balancing; Form of Risan + Reduce Inertia! This topic never grows old. It should be like this. Or boost Form of Risan so that it gives 300 evades instead of 180.

Quote Originally Posted by sininen View Post
    About the MBS; I really think it should be 2750. All the other Xan weapons are as well, so should these. Balancing ftw.
    Since each profession has a different AR multiplier after 1k skill, setting the MBS to a flat number in all cases is actually means different professions will receive different bonuses from the cap.

MBS is a stupid stat. AR after 1k provides pitiful returns to begin with.
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

Bump

idc how it gets done but MA got no real <3 from xan.. wtb some Xan Upgradable Shen Sticks that have a smaller more sleek look but more importantly have huge crit mods with 5% critial increase on each weap.. yup.
    Immortal "Shookone" Technique - 220.23.66 [1][2] - [E] - [After "Balancing"]

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    To Download select a video and right click, "save link as" and start DL, the US/EU Servers are to DL from depending on where you live for quicker speed.
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

read my words peeps.if we get xan sticks,i ll make exact copy of it and send it to game director...
    he probably knows what to do since after 2 years ,gettin nothing as MA prof..this is pretty bull...
    Imno "Ubermensch" Angel 220/30/70 MA
    Revengeof "Jiltedthief" thegankers 220/30/70 Agent with ultimate smacktalk skeelz Retired
    Obeywhat "Elmayra" says 220/24/70 Doc with 275k+ Alien kills
    [Tnet] Manicmouse: bring back the I WIN button, cos omni really need help
    Reading doesnt change who you are but what you will do
    IM GRAMMATICALLY AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondHuman View Post
    read my words peeps.if we get xan sticks,i ll make exact copy of it and send it to game director...
    he probably knows what to do since after 2 years ,gettin nothing as MA prof..this is pretty bull...
    Bump for this IF these new Xan Sticks would be even close to what we are looking for. I mean, what we really neeeeed. Like for example melee dmg, high crit %, good weapon speed etc. Many of those things previously mentioned in this thread. I'd hate to see these weapons (if FC really would make these) hitting live servers being just an alternative or only slightly improved versions of Dreadloch Shen Sticks. If that would happen, I would stop playing my Martial Artist for sure. There is a limit how long someone can live without love before turning into cold-hearted pessimist who is just too tired to hope for a light in the dark

There has been conversations about Martial Artists role in a team and how team benefits from having one. These weapons would increase our dmg input, which would possibly help us with this matter. Then again this is another topic... in which I'd like to see for example team critical aura as a solution But I doubt this will ever happen x)

I agree, throw the MA's a bone, some new toys to keep it interesting and fresh. It's gotta suck for you guys seeing everyone else get new weapons, some professions getting multiple new weapons of the same type. Maybe something along the lines of what cops have, looks a lil like this __|______ <--- what are those things called, batons? Ya, and throw some of that funky glowing blue xan style design on em.

Those blue sticks you guys run around with are getting old

Heh, but you know if they would hook you guys up with a new weapon... It will most likely be a copy / paste stats of sticks you already have, with just a new mesh lol Goodluck tho guys, hope you get some nice beastly beat sticks, with good mods to keep up with the rest of the pack, that are good enough to last 3-4 more years, since that will prolly be the next time you get another weapon upgrade heh

Quote Originally Posted by Rubika-1 View Post
    I agree, throw the MA's a bone, some new toys to keep it interesting and fresh. It's gotta suck for you guys seeing everyone else get new weapons, some professions getting multiple new weapons of the same type. Maybe something along the lines of what cops have, looks a lil like this __|______ <--- what are those things called, batons? Ya, and throw some of that funky glowing blue xan style design on em.

Those blue sticks you guys run around with are getting old

Heh, but you know if they would hook you guys up with a new weapon... It will most likely be a copy / paste stats of sticks you already have, with just a new mesh lol Goodluck tho guys, hope you get some nice beastly beat sticks, with good mods to keep up with the rest of the pack, that are good enough to last 3-4 more years, since that will prolly be the next time you get another weapon upgrade heh
    Bump to all of it, wtb some new toys.. some nice weaps and maybe find a way to make modified notu xan upgradable with a TL 7 Req, so for kiipors and ma's and ppl who have nothing else but a notu can get an upgrade
    Immortal "Shookone" Technique - 220.23.66 [1][2] - [E] - [After "Balancing"]

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    To Download select a video and right click, "save link as" and start DL, the US/EU Servers are to DL from depending on where you live for quicker speed.
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

Upcomming next patch...

Nerfsticks of the Xan (It knows what you want, but you gotta wait a few more years)

^^ Test Pic above
    Last edited by Rubika-1; Oct 29th, 2009 at 07:34:20.

It says a lot of the MA profession that there aren't enough active MAs on this forum to even get one topic up and not at the bottom of the bin. Funcom has annouced changed to nanos and MA attacks, but nothing about a new weapon for MAs. Is that intentional ? Frankly I'd give a new interesting weapon, long overdue, way before some changes to parry / riposte that will probably see the light of day in 2050, and then repatched 4 times.

Give us new melee weapons, for every title levels. And change our fist attack speed !

It says a lot of the MA profession that there aren't enough active MAs on this forum to even get one topic up and not at the bottom of the bin. Funcom has annouced changed to nanos and MA attacks, but nothing about a new weapon for MAs. Is that intentional ? Frankly I'd give a new interesting weapon, long overdue, way before some changes to parry / riposte that will probably see the light of day in 2050, and then repatched 4 times.

Give us new melee weapons, for every title levels. And change our fist attack speed !
    Well, imo I dont really get why ppl are even demanding new weapon in the first place ? MA:s have far bigger problems than getting new "stick" every now and then with bit differend modifiers. It looks nice couple of weeks and then what ? Just another stick which doesnt even improve us that much. We are already fine in pvm. Yeah, bit more dmg could be useful, but that could be done by differend means. Maybe modifying our current attacks/specials, adding new buffs at last for MA-skill, modifying perks(which in some ways is coming allrdy), maybe even new skills/attacks overall.

Our problems mostly lie in a fact, that we get more and more hit in pvp and our alpha/dmg potential is decreasing all the time. Rebalancing will affect all of this somehow, though as other MA:s have already said, it doesnt look good atm. But for gods sake, we dont need a new weapon that helps us in pvm for few weeks. We need a whole upgrade to our toolset instead. Hopefully FC doesnt waste its few resources about thinking;

Dev1:"Hey, what about MA:s, should they get something new too ?"
    Dev2: "Oh yeah, forgot them. Hmmm....lets check on forums. Oh they whine about new weapon. How about this; Chopstick of doom, dmg 326-499 (550). Effects: Swimming 200, Nano programming 80, Nano 100"
    Dev1: "Thats great man ! Now they are fixed and we dont have to worry about them for the next 3 years."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

Haven't you read the thread or what ? We're not asking for shen sticks upgraded 1.01, we're asking for something different here :
    - melee damage to be able to use anvil fists effectively
    - fast attack and / or sneak attack to be able to get more alpha in pvp if you choose to use them, thus enabling possible compromises for pvp / pvm setups
    - higher max beneficial skill to avoid the harp cap we have on shens
    More damage will always be welcome as well, but it is not the main point here.

Let's not overlook also the fact that, after the xan booster, MAs have lost a lot in pvm too in comparison with the other professions. When everyone gets more damage, more AR, more defense, more hp,(including us of course), etc, our specificity gets reduced to above-than-average defense, above-than-average damage and not much else. Saying we're fine in pvm when we are now a diluted version of an advy is not helping.

I agree that a new weapon will not change all that, but that will at least fix the problems I have listed above. This will certainly not be enough, but I don't think we should ask for the minimum here when every profession is posting dozens of threads on their problems. Probably one of the main reason MAs are never adressed is because we don't have enough willing people to make us heard on the forums, only a handful that always get the same 'MAs are fine in (insert pvp or pvm here)' from the rest of the community when they ask for something.

Haven't you read the thread or what ? We're not asking for shen sticks upgraded 1.01, we're asking for something different here :
    - melee damage to be able to use anvil fists effectively
    - fast attack and / or sneak attack to be able to get more alpha in pvp if you choose to use them, thus enabling possible compromises for pvp / pvm setups
    - higher max beneficial skill to avoid the harp cap we have on shens
    More damage will always be welcome as well, but it is not the main point here.

Let's not overlook also the fact that, after the xan booster, MAs have lost a lot in pvm too in comparison with the other professions. When everyone gets more damage, more AR, more defense, more hp,(including us of course), etc, our specificity gets reduced to above-than-average defense, above-than-average damage and not much else. Saying we're fine in pvm when we are now a diluted version of an advy is not helping.

I agree that a new weapon will not change all that, but that will at least fix the problems I have listed above. This will certainly not be enough, but I don't think we should ask for the minimum here when every profession is posting dozens of threads on their problems. Probably one of the main reason MAs are never adressed is because we don't have enough willing people to make us heard on the forums, only a handful that always get the same 'MAs are fine in (insert pvp or pvm here)' from the rest of the community when they ask for something.
    I think this sums up the issues for MAs pretty good.
    Sleincour 220/30/70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Patientis 220/28 Solitus Doctor
    Ingha 220/30 Solitus Bureaucrat
    Zizzla 150/20 Opifex Martial Artist
    Grobian 142/12 Atrox Enforcer
    Svengoran 127/15 Atrox Soldier
    Illxlll 102/10 Nanomage Nanotechnician
    Psicharpax 100/6 Nanomage Metaphysicist
    Sleina 100/7 Opifex Fixer

Veteran of the Scandinavian RK1 clan guild ..:Nordic Alliance:..

Now you had good points there, but still the topic of this discussion is "WTB Xan MA stick", which I addressed. Since this thread partly seems to be about common upgrades for MA:s, the topic should be renamed really. But still I dont agree on the fact that some upgraded weapon would help our issues that much. But then again, I agree on the improvements that you have suggested overall, so we kinda agree on stuff. Was that complicated enough said ? =P

If we look at the MA-history a bit, we were first OP with some other classes(Advy, later on Keeper for example), then we got forgotten for a long time before getting the famous stick and few other "improvements" from which the heal imo is the most useful one(and only one?). In that timeline, many MA:s demanded/campaigned/asked/trolled more improvements and suggestions how to get us upgraded, but got ignored. Then ppl got bored of that, quit/rolled solds and so we got forgotten again.

The problem nowadays tends to be, that the MA community(in forums at least) is not that united when dealing about possible upgrades. Instead there is 10 new threads demanding differend and many times stupid/unrealistic things that we are never gonna get. This thread seems to be bit more clear and have some nice points that you have brought up. However its kinda mood to say that we dont have ideas or enough ppl to point them out. We had. Yes, thats right. We had lots of ppl doing that. We got ignored ----> ppl found something better to do instead.

What goes on the saying that we shouldnt ask for minimum, I kinda agree. But then again, I do not want any "ranged advy"-kind of love eather. Our profession does need upgrading, but asking for +500aad and +600ma with cocoon is not that smart eather(i know, you didnt ask for that, just general statement). And whats wrong with saying that we are fine in pvm, when we kinda are ? More DD would be nice and I personally would like bit better healing also, but compared to many others we really are fine. Im more tired of reading "Enfs are useless in pvp now!!1" or "Solds dont do dmg any more!" or "My advy is so useless now !" - kind of threads, where ppl demand stuff on the areas where they are at least doing good or are even OP already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123