Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Soldier Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    but casters relying on nanos to deal damage are already at a heavy disadvantage to most other professions, so that would hardly seem fair.
    isnt NTs the most cried about profession atm?
    i dont understand how u can claim that casters are at dissadventage.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    Well without AS hotswaps to worry about anymore, and with an interuptable and nerfed AS and the ability to stop bullets in mid air, enfs truly are going to be back at the very top again.
    You think Enfs are going to spend that ridiculous amount of IP in parry/riposte? Serious question, because I didn't give it a moment's thought, expecting only Shades/Keepers/MAs to make use of it. I guess it depends how -well- the IP expenditure scales the effectiveness.

I doubt NTs would be as happy if Parry deflected Nukes back towards the NT...
    You're right, I wouldn't. But then again I'm unhappy about a perk line that renders casters absolutely worthless, when no such perk line exists for evades. (As well it shouldn't). I'd even go so far as to say that I'd happily accept a massive massive smack with a nerfbat to CB, if the Notum Repulsor line went away. Currently, non casters almost get a free perk in NR1 with CoNC perked, Casters have other issues to face if they do the same thing. However now I'm veering off topic.

What do you think MAs, shades, keepers, and advies fear more... FAs every 11 seconds, or Double/Triples with almost half that recharge?
    I can honestly say Hacre feared soldiers way way way way more than NTs. Perhaps that's because I know the NT and Keeper toolset and not much about the Soldier's other than AMS. But then again, vs Keeper NTs don't have 80s of free pew pew and if you work a bit, you can buy enough "not rooted" time, especially as a Solitus Keeper, to make your average NT very :sadface:.

But also bear in mind, my full post LE experience of Keeper vs Soldiers, was mostly towerless Keeper vs Towered up Omni soldiers.

In a full dodge ranged for dueling setup, giving me approx 3200 dodge defense before blind rings/holy mark aao debuff there was still lots of sitting, timing heals, popping cocoon after that first FA, not before, etc etc and only the unluckiest of Soldiers lost.

That's Solitus however. Atrox with Wit might have had better luck. I just threw in my 2cents about your fear question. Keepers have more to worry about vs a Soldier, than an NT, provided the Keeper has a clue.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

TBH, I see few things here:

1. AS nerf - Everyone is getting hosed equally on this one. No point in making a 'soldier' thing. That's certianly a balanced fix that NO one can cry about.

2. Perk timing - if you didn't notice, perk execution timing doubled for lots or all damage perks. Maybe that means nothing to you now, but as a soldier, in downtime between TMS, I can assure you that you will appreciate that, especially that soldier damage perks suck the bag anyways, so it has minimal effect on your offense. That's a /win for soldiers.

3. Parry/riposte - Yeah ok, it blocks something. What that something is, no one knows yet. I can assure you that whatever it blocks, you will outlast it's duration on profs that will have the most use from it.

Overall, soldiers, so far, have little to cry about I think and when the nano fixes are revealed (hope this Friday), the only thing you might worry about is a casting cap on TMS.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Oh, and soldier procs.

30 AR and 200 HP/2hd are quite frankly insulting. Really... two healdelta at level 220? Two?

The main thing PvP soldiers want is better procs. Many profs have godlike procs, all we'd like is something more along the lines of 100 AR and 500-1k HP and 20-40 HD.

I still see no indication of these "lower checks" for AI perks to compensate for some of the lost AAO either.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123