Thread: question about 1 skill IP reset...

question about 1 skill IP reset...

Just curious about resetting 1 skill with the allotted points we are given....

I'm assuming that all armor and implants have to be removed even just to reset *1* skill but what I want to have explained is this......

because I'm only resetting one skill (in effect getting rid of that skill as it's no longer needed) but, it has increased slowly because of secondary base stats (like strength, or int and psy) will it only be reset as far as the secondary base stats allow? Is this something that AO takes into account or are there problems associated with this?

I've heard/seen too many horror stories regarding the IP resets and want to confirm this before I take any action.

So any info/advice or past experiences would be appreciated,

Zensunni

~~~ Very little matters very much and almost nothing matters greatly. ~~~ "Feersum Endjinn" Iain M. Banks

you will only reset the IP spent. (hence IPR -- IP reset).

After you get your IP back, the base skill will still be affected by "trickle-down" from your abilities.

so, let's say you have 200 in "sharp object"

100 is because of your abilities
    100 is because of IP you have spent

When you spend an IPR point on this skill, you will get IP back for the 100 points you raised that skill. However, "sharp object" will still be at 100 because of your abilities.

- schma
    schma

:: schma ran out of cookies on the 4th of march, 2003 ::
    :: Hitched a ride back with the aliens ::

thx

Just want to say thanks for confirming this for me Posh. Kind of thought that would be the way it was done but wasn't 100%.

Anyway, thx again.

Zensunni

~~~ Very little matters very much and almost nothing matters greatly. ~~~ "Feersum Endjinn" Iain M. Banks