Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Apology to Artyomis

Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    im not accusing anyone. im just stating the fact that the country he resides in is below first world standards of living and is on the brink of social collapse, and that his monopoly on cities has all been in vain, a chasing after the wind, without significance in real life. 10 years of life wasted, and now, just a husk, a withered shell of his former self.
    Are you talking about somebody in particular, or everybody that plays ao?

maybe theres a little artyomis inside all of us
    on second thought, no there isn't. hes a freak.
    Last edited by thecheeseman; Sep 22nd, 2009 at 02:14:15.
    FEAR ME I AM COMING FOR YOU
    - the anal avenger catcrab
    "i am pregnant with catcrab's babies"
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."
    Means: catcrab is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxrphyxr View Post

It's sickening how a few people here, when they cannot see anything that conforms to their corrupt view of life
    ahahahahahahahaha
    The world is corrupt, it's not wrong to think that way.
    Last edited by SixCharacters; Sep 22nd, 2009 at 01:39:40.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I do not know why FC down his pants, for me, wearing socks with flip flops is already a bad exploit I think ^ ^

If it can afford to resume war TL7 then Yes! wax him sandals and Arty come back with a Touch of Marius, like this, it will be an official exploit approved

Quote Originally Posted by Maxisfix View Post
    Yes, but I highly doubt the boss would post a sign on the building saying "sorry Mr. Someone, we totally screwed up and are changing policy's so this does not happen again"

its just my opinion though.
    Well, companies that mess up do post notices so their customers, both those affected by the mistake and those who have yet to be affected, will see that the problem has been acknowledged and is being rectified.
    Just because you don't read those notices does not mean that they are not there.

and that his monopoly on cities has all been in vain, a chasing after the wind, without significance in real life. 10 years of life wasted, and now, just a husk, a withered shell of his former self.
    LOL.
    The one objective of playing a game is to have fun.
    Yet you think that you can sit there and decide that he did not have fun owning those cities, juggling his time/effort to hold them, getting them in the first place.. You must a real genius at mindreading. If not then you're talking out of your ... hat.
    Again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyxrphyxr View Post
    It's sickening how a few people here, when they cannot see anything that conforms to their corrupt view of life, stir up baseless crap from the mire of garbage and swill they take pleasure from wallowing in, and fling it at people they don't even know in an attempt to spread the stink of their own foul existance.

You are ideal fodder for the vile tabloids whose integrity-shunning lie mongers will absorb you with effortless glee along with the rest of humanity's dregs
    Yeah, true.
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Quote Originally Posted by Drixe31 View Post
    I do not know why FC down his pants, for me, wearing socks with flip flops is already a bad exploit I think ^ ^

If it can afford to resume war TL7 then Yes! wax him sandals and Arty come back with a Touch of Marius, like this, it will be an official exploit approved
    Huh?
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Kahava View Post
    The one objective of playing a game is to have fun.
    Yet you think that you can sit there and decide that he did not have fun owning those cities, juggling his time/effort to hold them, getting them in the first place.. You must a real genius at mindreading. If not then you're talking out of your ... hat.
    Again.

Yeah, true.
    i am not insinuating whether it was fun or not. i am pointing out my observation of his unimportance in real life. i judge no one.

you know, some people find attaching electrodes to the genitals to be fun. some people are into coprophillia.
    some people are into playing a ten year old computer game for 20 hours a day and buying up property in game and creating a monopoly, making new players unable to buy any item that is remotely good, making new orgs unable to have a city directly interfering with gameplay to feel empowered and filling an empty void deep, deep inside. whatever floats your boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahava View Post
    Yeah, true.
    thank you for agreeing with me

on a serious note, funcom, have you read the anger and hate filled, deeply bitter posts on these forums? this shows that the player base is dwindling. only the most hardcore elite player group is left. to continuing to listen to their self absorbed bantering and circle jerk is to destroy ao. your priority should be making a plan to attract new players. (lvl 1 to lvl 60 group)
    i give 10m to every new player and froob i see. what have you "elites" done for any player? or anyone? what have you ever done for yourself?
    Last edited by thecheeseman; Sep 22nd, 2009 at 12:58:21.
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."

you know, some people find attaching electrodes to the genitals to be fun. some people are into coprophillia.
    I see. So you fall into those two categories. GL scooping your own "products".

Quote Originally Posted by drops View Post
    I see. So you fall into those two categories. GL scooping your own "products".
    thank you for appreciating my lifestyle.
    there is no grinding involved.

on a serious note, funcom, have you read the anger and hate filled, deeply bitter posts on these forums? this shows that the player base is dwindling. only the most hardcore elite player group is left. to continuing to listen to their self absorbed bantering and circle jerk is to destroy ao. your priority should be making a plan to attract new players. (lvl 1 to lvl 60 group)
    I have to agree on this part. Rest is a bit below standard.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

on a serious note, funcom, have you read the anger and hate filled, deeply bitter posts on these forums? this shows that the player base is dwindling. only the most hardcore elite player group is left. to continuing to listen to their self absorbed bantering and circle jerk is to destroy ao.
    It's a bit a ironic to quote this poster because I agree strongly with this small part of his post.

I don't know what bothers me more... the fact that you guys are worse than a bunch of 80 yr old granny gossipers or that you can sit and turn something meant to be a nice gesture into a huge speculation of creds and game worth...
    Imo, the whole idea behind this thread was to outright apologize about a wrong doing, and since it doesn't happen often it's nice to see...but then everyone has to go and turn it into a **** fest... gz

As for Arty, I'm glad his name was cleared. He is a great guy in the RK2 community, and will be missed during his break. Hope to see you back <3
    Last edited by Mianna; Sep 22nd, 2009 at 17:59:52.
    Mianna 220 soli MpSeckskitten 220 soli Doc
    Sinfulbliss 220 soli CratQuinessa 220 soli Keeper
    Cinnabun 220 soli SoldierTinkerbellz 220 opi EngiNukalicious 212 NtMeepinz 150 opi Fixer
    Mangolicious 150 trox EnfoMunchkinz 205 opi MA

I agree with both Thecheeseman and Maxisfix on most points, with the addition that I think this 'Public Apology' will set a very bad precedent moving forward.

How likely is it now that a GM will aggressively go after someone who is exploiting? And trust me there's a good amount of people doing it. The next time a GM is presented with a situation whereby he has to field a petition about exploiting, do you think that this very public situation is going to weigh on his actions?

The GM is the front line when it comes to this very big problem. A problem that is NOT getting the attention that it deserves from Funcom. They are the first people contacted when this sort of situation occurs. It's important that they be in a position to make decisions quickly and accurately on the spot. With this sort of public display I fear that this will be hindered greatly. Some exploitation is so outright in your face that it can not be denied, however now the GM is rendered powerless until he passes along what he sees to the developers.

Two very bad things happened here, to no fault of the GM or the player in question. The GM was not provided with the tools he needed to do his job effectively, thus the player in question was wrongly judged and sentenced without the proper evidence being evaluated.

Lastly a very public and unwarranted explanation and apology was displayed to the rest of the players, all to repair the reputation of said player. However this had a backlash effect on the player in question, like we didn't see this coming.

Handling this in private would have been the best course of action in my opinion. The players reputation (like it matters) would have been restored simply by the fact that his characters were still in game and in tact after it was known there was an investigation. Changes to the policy for handling exploitation could, AND SHOULD have been made behind closed doors. Telling the people who exploit HOW your going to deal with them moving forward is just giving them information on the limitations of their actions.

This was a train wreck that could have been avoided. Please focus on the real problem at hand here. The real problem is Anarchy-Online the actual game, remember? Fix that and the rest of these problems that require constant babysitting go away.
    Kira "twichy" Lii

Dragon - Yours is not the path of force, though force is often needed to clear the path.

DDAC

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
    stuff
    /win
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Stuff
    Amazing.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

How likely is it now that a GM will aggressively go after someone who is exploiting? And trust me there's a good amount of people doing it. The next time a GM is presented with a situation whereby he has to field a petition about exploiting, do you think that this very public situation is going to weigh on his actions?

The GM is the front line when it comes to this very big problem. A problem that is NOT getting the attention that it deserves from Funcom. They are the first people contacted when this sort of situation occurs. It's important that they be in a position to make decisions quickly and accurately on the spot. With this sort of public display I fear that this will be hindered greatly. Some exploitation is so outright in your face that it can not be denied, however now the GM is rendered powerless until he passes along what he sees to the developers.

Two very bad things happened here, to no fault of the GM or the player in question. The GM was not provided with the tools he needed to do his job effectively, thus the player in question was wrongly judged and sentenced without the proper evidence being evaluated.

Lastly a very public and unwarranted explanation and apology was displayed to the rest of the players, all to repair the reputation of said player. However this had a backlash effect on the player in question, like we didn't see this coming.

Handling this in private would have been the best course of action in my opinion. The players reputation (like it matters) would have been restored simply by the fact that his characters were still in game and in tact after it was known there was an investigation. Changes to the policy for handling exploitation could, AND SHOULD have been made behind closed doors. Telling the people who exploit HOW your going to deal with them moving forward is just giving them information on the limitations of their actions.

This was a train wreck that could have been avoided. Please focus on the real problem at hand here. The real problem is Anarchy-Online the actual game, remember? Fix that and the rest of these problems that require constant babysitting go away.

If you had read the first post, you would see that they had changed their procedures as a result of this incident. So I believe that a GM will pursue petitions regarding possible exploiters as per the new process.

Funcom is saying: Hey, we failed, this is what we did wrong, and this is what we're going to do to fix it both now and going forward.

How on earth is fixing a broken process a bad thing or setting a bad precedent?
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    How on earth is fixing a broken process a bad thing or setting a bad precedent?
    Telling everyone WHAT they changed and HOW they will do it now.. on one of the most read sub forums..
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal View Post
    Telling everyone WHAT they changed and HOW they will do it now.. on one of the most read sub forums..
    And telling everyone that exploited gear claims that look legit to a GM will go through a dev now is going to help exploiters... How?
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Isn't knowing that info still a good thing? It's nice to see that even the big guys make mistakes and even more nice to see that they can apologize for making them. I don't see how them regarding an issue and telling the public players what will be done to see it doesn't happen to other players is a bad thing at all O.o
    Mianna 220 soli MpSeckskitten 220 soli Doc
    Sinfulbliss 220 soli CratQuinessa 220 soli Keeper
    Cinnabun 220 soli SoldierTinkerbellz 220 opi EngiNukalicious 212 NtMeepinz 150 opi Fixer
    Mangolicious 150 trox EnfoMunchkinz 205 opi MA

Quote Originally Posted by Maxisfix View Post
    Yes, but I highly doubt the boss would post a sign on the building saying "sorry Mr. Someone, we totally screwed up and are changing policy's so this does not happen again"

its just my opinion though.
    In the case I mentioned, if someone videotaped the car dealership selling a bad car and broadcast to anyone who could see, don't you think the dealership would take public steps to acknowledge and inform the public of the steps they're taking to make sure it never happens again? Especially if that dealership prides itself on the quality of its' automobiles?

Someone made the screenshot of Mean's apology to Arty public. He has not said anything in that private communication that he did not say here.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast